Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:33 pm
-- AIM Rp log between Kipepeo and Nyoa ((DFA And Nyoko))

She had no real idea where she'd randomly gotten herself into; her mind had told her to pad along, and so thus, pad along she had. Bright red eyes regarded the scenery as she moved, her nose lowering to sniff here and here, but no. Nothing was familiar to her, but then again... nothing had been familiar for a very long time; she'd been alone for... how long had it been again? Kipepeo had lost count.

Not like it mattered though. A new place meant new oportunities, and the butterfly marked girl was hardly discouraged by the notion of not recognising her surroundings.

Of course, not recognizing ones surrounds could be a dangerous thing. Especially when one was in demon territory. After all, demons didn't care if you knew where you were. An invader was an invader, especially when there were cubs to protect. Nyota being one of those "cubs."

The dark lion was currently roaming the borders, bone jewelry clinking softly with each step. It wasn't long before he noticed a foreign scent, one that didn't belong. With a soft growl, he wandered off to track the scent, and corner the intruder.

Still blissfuly unaware, the young lioness padded along, pausing just briefly by a random flower. Tilting her head to one side, she eyed it, almost expectantly, and then padded over it, as her paw coming down to crash it as she continued on her way. The scents she picked up seemed to signals lions nearby, and sadly, being rather innocent (even if vaguely... disturbed, at best), she changed her direction, heading straight for Nyota, even if she could not yet see him.

It wasn't long before Nyota came upon the young lioness, an he eyed her suspiciously for a long while. Her eyes were the color of blood, much like Moricorm's... Perhaps she might also be a demon... But she was also an intruder. He supposed he should ask what she was doing here...

"What business do you have here?"

Likewise, he was stopped rather swiftly, her head tilting up to greet his eyes, "Bussiness?" there was a pause and her eyes hooded, as if pondering before she turned away from him, innocently unpreocupied, "Bussiness isn't much fun. I have none of that. I was.... just walking," then her eyes befell the bones he wore, and rather than be scared off, her ears perked up, interest shinning within her orbs, "I never find them that big. The ones I play with always break," it was cryptic, at best.

Nyota couldn't help but twitch his ears slightly, head inclined to one side ever-so-slightly to show his mixed curiousity and confusion. "What is it that you play with that breaks?"

"The little ones," she blinked at him, red eyes wide and curious, almost as if, really, what she was saying was perfectly obvious. After a moment though, and noticing the way he was staring at her, the girl turned around and lowered her head to the floor, her nose picking up the scents nearby.

It was then that her ears twitched, and she pounced something that was just out of sight, hidding amongst the leaves of a bush; her head had dipped in, and when it came out, a small mouse was dangling from her maw. Turning back to Nyota, the youth carried the living creature over, tossing it on the floor, "The little ones. See?" and her paw came to land over the mouse's squrming body, where she pressed, harder and harder till a sound was heard and the creature stopped moving, "They always break," she sounded almost sad. Despite this, however, her claws dug into the meat of the now dead body.

Nyota stared for a moment longer before a dark purr bubbled up from his throat. At the very least, she had demonic ancestry. She would definitely be useful in the pride. "Well, that's because you're playing too rough with the little ones! Maybe you need a bigger toy... Have you ever played with a hare before?"

"A bigger toy?" her paw lifted off the small rodent as she turned to look up at him. A frown creased her features then, her head tilting vaguely to the side; she'd never attempted to catch a bigger one before, but then again... the bigger creatures she'd seen had been more than twice her size, and though she was slightly... not right in the head, her survival instincts worked fine enough, and they told her that dealing with a buffalo was suicide.

As he continued to talk, her ears perked forward, obviously interested. A shake of her head was his answer, "They don't break?"a pause, "I tried the birds, but they also break," and then, as an afterthought, she lowered her head and grabbed the mouse within her maw, taking a bite out of the meat; food was never to be wasted, "It tastes good even if it borke. Here," lifting her head she offered him the other half of the mangled rodent.

"Drink the blood before you eat the meat," Nyota explained softly, bending down to lap at the rodent's blood before taking a small bite of meat. "There is power in blood. Never waste it's power."

"The blood?" she raised her hand to lick the liquid off, but was obviously lost as how it had any power. Her ears lowered back and flooped against her head, "Oh... well... I think I've wasted a lot of that then..." specialy on days where she found three to four toys and sat down to play with them. Her paw landed innocently upon her maw, her brows creasing, "I... oh dear. The puddle of power... I just kind of ... I made footprints," that's what SHE had used the blood for. In fact, she vaguely recalled drawing something on the ground too befor eleaving the scene of the 'crime'. She was never allowed to entertain herself with the toys for long anyhow; other predators were swiftly attracted.

"Don't worry. As long as you drink the blood from now on, you'll be fine. Now that we're done with this toy... Why don't I catch you another?" Nyota asked, smiling viciously and glancing at the lioness.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:38 pm
"A bigger one?" her ears perked instantly again, and there was a small bounce in her step as she drew herself forward, "Would you?" there was a small pause as she pressed her paw to her maw again; she had been taught manners when she was younger. At least... she thought she had; her mind told her that if he was offering something, it was only right she give something in return, "What should I do for you in return, then?"

"In return... You can join my pride. I'm sure you would be very happy here. In fact, my mother has a toy you might be interested in when you're older. One that won't break... A lioness about my age," Nyota said, his tail flicking behind him.

Her head turned to look behind her, her ear flicking; well, she'd been padding for... a long time, and she couldn't wite remember when and where she had started, and where she'd been headed to in the first place. Staying 'here' was just as well as going over 'there'.

A minute passed and she turned her eyes back towards him, wide and shildishly innocent despite her earlier actions, "I don't remember my mother," her tail flicked once, the red tuff gleaming mildly in the sun, "Would staying here, really be allright? I would like that," a nod followed, and then a smile graced her maw for the first time, "I like toys."

"I'm sure the Aran'shale would let you stay. And I figured you liked toys. Now, I'll find you a nice toy to play with," Nyoko said, bounding off for a long moment into some underbrush. And it wasn't long before he returned, a hare wriggling desperately to get free from his mouth.

The small female sat herself down then, her tail neatly tucked around her hind haunches as she waited, morbidly curious, if the tilt of her head and the way she stared after him was any indicative. When he returned, a small purr was released, her paws lifting up slightly before she remembered her so called 'manners' and waited for him to give it to her, "Are the Ara...... ara... this pride, special? "

Nyota then placed the hare in front of her, holding it down with a paw. "The Aran'shale are the leaders of the pride. The pride is the Aikanaro'hini, and we are special. Most of the members her harbor demons in their souls..." he explained, tail waving slightly behind him. "Now be carefuly. Hare's are really fast, so you don't want him to escape."

For all her strange ways, she seemed to be taking the information he was offering her rather swiftly. Never once did she question the exhistance of a demon, or demons. Why should she? She was still young, and her mind adapted perfectly into and around the notion, "Ahh..." she breathed, giving a small nod of her head, as if it all made sense; then again, in a strange sort of way, maybe it did. It was hard to tell, "How can you tell?" her eyes lifted up to seek his, "About the demon; is there one within?"

Then, her gaze lowered upon the hare again, and her red eyes racked it's frame before she lowered her head to sink her fangs into the animals hind leg. A swift twist of her head followed, a snap resounding within the silence; it anything, she was at least, efficient. With broken legs, the animal would be going nowhere, "Can I have it now?"

"The demon is the soul you have. Generally, your demon will speak to you from a young age. But my mother's demon doesn't speak in words so much as pictures. It all depends on the demon," Nyota explained, before grinning at the lioness. "Smart. Now it can't run away. It's all yours."

Again, she seemed to take it all in with stride, nodding at him once; in fact, he could have told her that he thought the sky was green, and she would have accepted that much. Regardless, what he was telling her was... fascinating, if anything, and while such tales would have frightened most cubs, the small female seemed interested, "Ah..." the same sound again, followed by another nod, "You mean the voice, then," while she didn't have... a voice in her head, per say, she'd always felt a small worming, inkling of a sensation. Some would call it instinct, some would call it insanity. Kipepeo was thus forth going to call it 'demon'.

Her attention lowered back to the hare before she smiled up at the older male, "Mhhmmm... you do that with the birds too. Sometimes... I break them a bit too much before starting though. This one is better," this said, she lowered her head to investigate the creature, poking, prodding, and generaly... torturing the poor creature rather innocently.

"Birds are far too fragile to play with properly. The bones are thin and brittle, so they break easily," Nyota said lightly, observing the female with a certain fascination.

"Kipepeo," she said suddenly as she raised her maw up again; it was crimson stainted here and there, the red matching that of her eyes, "My name," she further explained almost randomly. It seemed as if the female's mind was almost fleeting, random at times, "You?"

"Nyota'Angavu. Most call me Nyota. Forgive me for not introducing myself earlier. I suppose it fled my mind," Nyota said, purring darkly at the sight of blood on her muzzle. It suited her well...

"Nyota then," her tongue dipped out to lick at her maw before she lowered her maw once more; after a few more minutes of playing, the creature was put out of it's misery. Despite this, the female seemed pretty enthralled with the discovery that he had, indeed, been right. This one had not broken, "Thank you," despite her manners, the fact her paws rested on a mangled courpse was almost a contradiction in character, "You were right. I liked this one. I like you, too."

"Well, I'd be willing to catch a hare for you anytime you want to play with something that won't break," Nyota said, giving Kipepeo his most charming grin.

She seemed to ponder his words over for a moment and then smiled, pleased, "I would like to learn to catch them, too," she was small, granted, but if her earlier actions and the way she flexed her small claws was any indication, she was rather willing to learn.

"I'll be sure to teach you then. But for now, we should head back to the pride," Nyota said, tail twitching as he motioned for the lioness to follow him.

She drew herself up willingly, her pelt still stained here in there: it blended it rather well though, what with her dark colors and the small red markings she had here and there, "Mhhmmm..." she started to step over the mangled corpse, but then, after an after thought, she dipped her head and grabbed it, pulling it up into the air, dangling from her maws. It would have been such a waste to leave such a precious toy behind. Even if it WAS broken beyond repair.  

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:39 pm
-- END --