Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Welcome to 3G! Rules, Site and Staff Info are here!!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:38 pm
I'm pleased to announce the grand opening of a new guild on Gaia dedicated to the betterment of spelling and grammar on this message board. This is a place where we literate Gaians can escape the idiocy that is so common on the public boards. I hope everyone who joins will feel at home here.

3G Rules

1. Obey the Gaia TOS.
2. Respect the mods.
3. Respect each other.
4. Don't ask to become a mod or an admin. That is the best way not to become one.
5. This should be a given due to the nature of this guild, but just in case: Please type in as literate and grammatical a manner as your current abilities allow (capital letter at the beginning of each sentence, "I" referring to "me", "myself", etc. is always capitalized, end sentences with either a period (.), exclamation point (!) or question mark (?)). A few mistakes are OK. We're human after all. But please, proofread what you type and fix any mistakes you may catch.
6. If you are admitted and would like to introduce yourself, here is the introductions sticky: Salutations, Greetings and Introductions. Please introduce yourself here and not in a new thread.
7. As a supporter of free speech, I will neither censure nor censor anyone who chooses to use the words "gay", "retarded" or "stupid" to describe a thing or situation they do not like. As long as the words are not being used to attack a fellow guild member, they are allowed. Threads put up by the overly sensitive whining about the use of said words shall be locked on sight.
8. Post articles and comments about literacy (or the lack thereof) both online and off, in the main forum.
9. Post about books you've read and authors that you like and dislike in the Literature subforum.
10. Post about everything else in the General Discussion subforum.
11. If you have a poem you wrote that you'd like to share, do so in the Poetry subforum.
12. If you'd like to quote a "txt tlk" post made by some n00b on Gaia, feel free to do so, but please make fun of the post and not of the n00b themselves, as this is counterproductive.
13. Threads that quote "txt tlk" are to be posted in the "TXT TLK" Horror Stories subforum.
14. Please don't start a thread solely for the purpose of advertising your website or starting a petition. Signatures are for advertising sites and there is a Petitions subforum in the Site Feedback forum for your petitions.
15. Don't hesitate to learn from as well as teach others. If you see a spelling or grammar error on the part of another member, the best way to deal with it is to set the example instead of nagging or flaming them. Conversely, be willing to learn from others in the guild and improve your own spelling and grammar. That's why we're all here, to learn and improve our language skills as well as ourselves.
16. Please don't harass other members about typos or accidental misspellings. Pointing out mistakes is OK, but only in a kind and constructive manner. I want all members to feel welcome here.
17. If you think you are being harassed by another guild member (being picked on for typos, etc.), please don't hesitate to PM me or one of the crew and we will take the appropriate action.
18. If you see someone blatantly violating the rules, again please PM me or one of the crew and we will take action.
19. Have fun and don't hesitate to mention this guild to others who care about literacy as much as we do.

The guidelines will be updated as required.

My Trusted Staff

Vice Captain/Co-Founder
DarkElf27

Crew
Zealot of Insanity
The MoUsY spell-checker
chrystalclear
Judas Iscariot
[yin~yang]

Thanks people! I couldn't run this guild without you! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:36 pm
Ah, yes, its finally working again.

I sent a couple of invites to people I know to be both intelligent and literate.  

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:49 pm
Oh, and if you put the entry fee in place to repay the guilds cost, it doesn't work that way; entry fees go into the guild account, which is inaccessable. Just thought I'd let you know.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:20 am
Thank you for excepting my request!
I am very grateful for I am anti-text talk!
P.S. This is a great guild !

*Corrected  

Mitsuki_MoonChild

Myriane

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:44 pm
Thank you for accepting my request (if it IS you). Since I began school, my grammar and spelling always stood out for being excellent. Even as I learnt English, I was in the three top students of the class (sometimes even of my grade). I was always singled out for being good with the grammar and spelling parts. My reading comprehension did not go nearly as well. I have always had trouble with analyzing texts (that's why, sometimes, on Gaia, I may appear to have a little trouble arguing a well thought out essay). Anyway, I am nonetheless grateful for being in this guild, however small and inactive it may seem at the moment.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:18 pm
Yay for the grammar guild!  

~prize_in_the_box~

Jesminda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:36 pm
Thank-you for letting me join. This movement is a step towards protecting the endangered species that is proper English.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:13 pm
Thank you for accepting me into this guild. It is nice to see people who are actually literate. 3nodding  

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:01 pm
You're all very welcome. Thanks for joining!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:07 am
biggrin  

Face_of_fools

Mizufusion

Newbie Noob

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:40 pm
Well.. it's not actually the first.. but it's good to be here. sweatdrop I have always had strong language skills, and it makes me cringe to see people abusing languages, whether or not it's English.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:45 am
My apologies for calling this one the first. I honestly didn't know about the other guild. I started this guild in early October. How long has the other one been in existence?  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Mizufusion

Newbie Noob

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:20 am
Shinobi 1977
My apologies for calling this one the first. I honestly didn't know about the other guild. I started this guild in early October. How long has the other one been in existence?

Hey, no worries. It's pretty easy to miss the other one since it's been pretty inactive for a while.. It's been in existance for quite some time, though. Before there was a GGN we had a huge thread in the guild forum. We finally got an official guild on July 30, 2004.

On a side note, we'll gladly accept members from this guild. A link exchange or guild alliance would be great. heart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Thank you for letting me join! heart I'm finally finding people around my age group with INTELLIGENCE! It's so happy here in the Literate Guilds, where there are nice people and big in-depth conversations... unlike the 14-year-old girl who doesn't know what "cocoa" is... stare

*Hugs everyone simultaneously!*

heart

Eyl b sur 2 recr00t n00 pplz 2 joynnnnnzzzzzzzz...

*Brain cells pop by the trillions.*

gonk  

VickoRano

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out