Reply +Illusionary+
[PRP] Insert something witty here (Anala, Mere) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tahoi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:24 am
This, Anala thought to herself, hanging upside down from the monkey bars, arms dangling, was probably not the best idea I've ever had. How do I get down from here?

It had seemed like a good idea at the time, of course. Anala had had nothing to do and the park had been empty, a good time as any to do something stupid. At first, she'd just been swinging along the bars right side up, like she was supposed to. But that got boring quickly, and Anala hated being bored. Once she'd figured out that she could fit in the spaces between the bars, finding different ways to hang off them had been fascinating, in its own special way. Probably not advisable, but fascinating. She'd fallen a few times in the process, naturally, but none of it had been particularly damaging thus far. Thank goodness for playground sand and grass.

Not that she thought softer landings would be of much use to her right now. It wasn't that far of a drop to the ground, but this time she was upside down--chances were good that she'd land on her head. Which, sand or no sand, probably wouldn't be fun.

Ah, little dilemmas. It'd probably be easier to think through this if the blood weren't rushing to her head.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:34 am
"See you guys next practice!" He called, emerging from the locker room, waving to his fellow teammates. It had been a tough basketball practice, but nevertheless, it was fun.

It beat staying at home all alone anyway.

He sighed, swinging his bag over his shoulder. He was feeling rather left out of the family these days. That and Liang's arrival signified another younger sister, and he was the oldest of all the siblings. It didn't sink in until she walked through the door; he was hoping that she would be older than him. Being the oldest meant more responsibility, a job that Mereneth did not care for.

His wings spread out, becoming visible again (He usually kept them unseen for practice) and he took to the sky, landing in the park. A slow walk through the park would be fun, and maybe he would see some girls, or someone he knew from his school.

Maybe.

He took a look towards the playground and saw a dark haired girl hanging upside down from the bars. It had been a while since he had done such a thing, and the last time he had, he was smaller. It had been fun though, and he allowed himself a grin at the memory. What caught his attention were her wings, they were like a butterfly's, but they were almost...flame-like.

"Hey." He greeted, a smile playing on his lips. "Need any help?" She seemed rather distressed at her current situation, for some reason. And of course, he couldn't leave a damsel in distress, could he?

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Tahoi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:02 pm
Anala blinked dizzily at the new arrival, her flipped perspective making it seem rather like he flew down from the floor instead of overhead--or should she say up? She'd say it was cool (his wings were big! He could fly!) if it weren't making the little headache she had worse. She did her best to nod at his question, mouth quirked into a sheepish half-smile. "Ah yeah, help would be nice, please. I dunno how to get down again--I don't wanna have to drop on my head anyway." Although with the way it was starting to throb, a bump to the noggin might not make much difference.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:43 am
"You could use your wings?" He suggested. It was how he had gotten down from that position when he was younger. Flying was very helpful when need be, in other times, wings could get in the way.

But then again, if she could, she wouldn't be still hanging there right? Or maybe she didn't know how to. As a guy, he didn't mind a few bruises, but well...she was a female. "If you don't want to try flying, I'll help you then." He offered.

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Tahoi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:23 am
"I kinda can't. Me'n a friend tried it, but it didn't really work," Anala replied, looking from the new guy to the bars and swinging a little. Maybe if she swung enough, she could reach that bar over there? "We got to jump off of stuff, though, so that wasn't so bad." She swung while she talked, and she could almost reach--

Or...not. Falling short, she hung straight down again and made a face. Egh. That felt interesting. "A little help would be nice, yeah." She thought she'd already answered that question, but okay.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:40 pm
"I see." He nodded. Perhaps it was because her wings were different?

"Hmm." He pondered. "How about I support your back, so you can reach the other bar?" Mereneth squatted down below the girl, looking up at her with a grin. "Ready?"

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Tahoi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:40 pm
Anala looked at Mereneth, then the bars, and nodded. "Yep." Well, here they go...
-+-

Having feet on the ground was really a wonderful thing. Anala shook her head out, eyes squeezed shut as everything settled back into place. Once she felt back to normal, she looked at Mereneth and smiled gratefully. "Thanks for the hand," she said, bowing her head slightly. "Sorry for the trouble. I guess I shouldn't be doing that again any time soon." She scratched the back of her head sheepishly, wincing.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:55 pm
"Heh, no problem." He grinned, shoving his hands into his pockets. "You're lucky I was here."

"It is fun." He shrugged. "Sometimes we get ahead of ourselves and forget about the consequences." Right after the words left his mouth, Mereneth blinked in surprise. That sounded almost...philosophical, quite unlike him. Must be because of hanging out with Alora...

"Anyway, I'm Mereneth." He flashed her a charming smile.

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Tahoi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:20 pm
"Aheh..." Anala ducked her head, chuckling at herself. "Yeah...I'll keep that in mind, I guess." To not get ahead of herself, and so not look like an addled fruit bat in the end. Right. Giving Mereneth a smile of her own, she said, "I'm Anala. 'S nice to meet you, Mereneth." She paused for a moment, then added curiously, "So, you can fly?" Yeah he did, she saw it, but that was the first time she'd seen a person do that. "How's it work?"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:36 am
"Same here, Anala." He nodded in return. An A name. Like his sister and Aurelius. For a fleeting moment, he wondered how the other Illusionary was. There was a mutual dislike between them, but still, he couldn't help but be curious.

"Well." He bit his lip at the question. He had wings ever since he was a wispy...thing, so it had came rather naturally to him. "You have to flap them constantly. 'Course, you can glide when there are air currents, but basically you need to learn how to hover." He had advised his winged sister when she was learning how to fly, but still, he didn't know exactly how to instruct one.

"You've never used yours before?" He asked, gesturing to them. It was pretty obvious, and a stupid question, but Mereneth just wanted to know.

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Tahoi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:17 pm
"Huh." Anala rocked back on her heels, trying to make sense of what Mereneth said. Not that it was confusing, quite, but since she didn't have many reference points in her head, there was still a little gap between hearing what he was saying and understanding it. That, and the idea of making her wings flap was funny. Flapping was a verb she associated with bones and nerves--she wasn't sure if her wings had any.

She shook her head. "No, not really. Never needed to, so I didn't think about it much." Even when jumping out of trees while playing, since there'd been a safe landing down below, she hadn't really needed to fly.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:14 am
He frowned slightly. "You never thought of trying?" Wings were a part of them, and Mereneth found it strange that she just let them be. Very strange indeed.

Then again, it was probably because his siblings mostly had wings that he thought this way. And hers...her wings were indeed different from the normal feathery ones Alora, Liang and even Blackfell had. Unlike his as well.

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Tahoi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:34 pm
"Really, I didn't. It's like..." Anala scratched her head, trying to string her thoughts together. "...I dunno, they're just there. Sorta like a funny shirt you forget you're wearing or something--doesn't do much, but it's...there. I never really thought about it until Ev-Evelyn brought it up." She clasped her hands behind her head, brows furrowed with thought. "I guess I might try again sometime, but I dunno yet." She didn't have much of a plan of action formed for a second attempt, though...she actually hadn't given it much thought since then. With all the other day-to-day tasks she had, she'd put the idea aside.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:42 am
"Evelyn?" He repeated. A memory stirred within him, he hadn't met the other Illusionary in ages. He almost couldn't remember how she looked like, and Mereneth felt somewhat guilty. How long had they not met though?

"You should." He encouraged. "But be careful; you never know when you're gonna fall."

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Tahoi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:24 pm
"Uh-huh. Purpley hair, fairyish wings." She flapped her hands and gave him a curious look. "You know her?"

Anala hmm-ed quietly, nodding. "Yeah... I guess as long as I don't fall from anything higher than the roof, huh? And hit my head." She gave a crooked, impetuous smile. Not that she didn't think it was serious or wanted to fall from any heights, but it was bound to happen sometime, right? Murphy's law and all that.  
+Illusionary+

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff