Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply General Debate Forum
Thawab' of Quran Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you understand Qura'n in Arabic?
  No - or a little
  Yes - ( not for arabs )
  Yes - ( FOR arabs)
View Results

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:03 am
Aslam-Alaykum

Few days passed i had a question as "Why do we get more thawab' in reading Qura'n in Arabic?" and why we do not get thawab when we read its meaning!

logically when one does not know the meaning of Arabic then how would he understand that ALLAH says to read Quran in Arabic? because you get more thawab'

i want a debate not just a plane answer...
And honest criticize is welcomed :3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:08 am
well , i guess u'll get more thawab reading it in arabic coz it was actually sent in arabic !! and there are meanings in the qura'n that u can't say it or explain it in any other language except arabic !!

>> my answer is on debate xD!  

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:57 am
dark__sunshin
well , i guess u'll get more thawab reading it in arabic coz it was actually sent in arabic !! and there are meanings in the qura'n that u can't say it or explain it in any other language except arabic !!

neglecting that i do not understand a word of it when i read it in Arabic?

i mean there is a surah that i do no remember but it states something like that the reciter gets more thawab when he is reciting Quran in Arabic? but when the reciter does not even understand the meaning of that surah while reading it in arabic then how he would know what Allah is saying? this is what i am trying to say...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:29 am
tassan
dark__sunshin

i mean there is a surah that i do no remember but it states something like that the reciter gets more thawab when he is reciting Quran in Arabic? but when the reciter does not even understand the meaning of that surah while reading it in arabic then how he would know what Allah is saying? this is what i am trying to say...

yeah that's true .. u don't get what Allah says !! but u get deeds for Reading ~ ~ and that's wut called in arabic '' Thekr '' !!  

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:22 am
It's basically because the translation never depicts the true meaning of the Qur'an or the Message that was originally sent, But translators try their best to get as close as possible, And due to this the Qur'an is usually misinterpreted and non-muslims accuse us of terrorism or violence.

I've heard that reading it in Arabic makes it much better than any other language as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:02 pm
dark__sunshin
tassan
dark__sunshin

yeah that's true .. u don't get what Allah says !! but u get deeds for Reading ~ ~ and that's wut called in arabic '' Thekr '' !!

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:04 pm
Haydar the Truthful
It's basically because the translation never depicts the true meaning of the Qur'an or the Message that was originally sent, But translators try their best to get as close as possible, And due to this the Qur'an is usually misinterpreted and non-muslims accuse us of terrorism or violence.

I've heard that reading it in Arabic makes it much better than any other language as well.

that's what i was trying to say xD!!!
but couldn't say it in a well way like our bro haydar here ~~

hope u got it Tassan ?
Wasalam !!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:05 pm
tassan
dark__sunshin
tassan
dark__sunshin

Yes!! despite that all ~~ ..

--- Allah is Raheem ---

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:08 pm
Haydar the Truthful

i really am not satisfied! i already know that no body can depict the EXACT meaning of Quran in other language then Quran it self...

@DS i got what you mean before... but i was not satisfied... but what if i do not act like it is written in Quran just because i do not understand it?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:24 pm
tassan
Haydar the Truthful

i really am not satisfied! i already know that no body can depict the EXACT meaning of Quran in other language then Quran it self...

@DS i got what you mean before... but i was not satisfied... but what if i do not act like it is written in Quran just because i do not understand it?

Qura'n was brought to u in Arabic and Allah told u to Read it in Arabic .. and if u haven't understand it in Arabic and YET u took time to read it .. u get Good Deeds for it !!! that's just an extra deed for u .. [[ and btw , if u JUST put ur finger on the verses with out even reading u get Deeds for it !!! and this info , only little amount of Muslims knw's about !! ]]
--- Subhan Allah ---
and if u don't act like what it's written , then it's YOUR problem ! ~ ! coz acting like what's in the Holly Book doesn't need a reading .. needs an understanding ~ and u can Understand it in any other language ;D

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:34 am
dark__sunshin
tassan
Haydar the Truthful

Qura'n was brought to u in Arabic and Allah told u to Read it in Arabic .. and if u haven't understand it in Arabic and YET u took time to read it .. u get Good Deeds for it !!! that's just an extra deed for u .. [[ and btw , if u JUST put ur finger on the verses with out even reading u get Deeds for it !!! and this info , only little amount of Muslims knw's about !! ]]
--- Subhan Allah ---

i am one of those few 3nodding
dark__sunshin
coz acting like what's in the Holly Book doesn't need a reading .. needs an understanding ~ and u can Understand it in any other language ;D

that's what i am trying to say!!

if i do not understand it then i can't act like Quran says!!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:24 am
tassan
dark__sunshin
tassan
Haydar the Truthful

--- Subhan Allah ---

dark__sunshin
coz acting like what's in the Holly Book doesn't need a reading .. needs an understanding ~ and u can Understand it in any other language ;D

u can understand it in UR language!!
and now u'll ask me .. then why Allah asked us to read it in Arabic ??
coz that's how it was sent ~ ~ and u'll get Deeds for it .. and if u want deeds u read it in Arabic and more deeds Learn Arabic biggrin so u can do what allah asked to do !!

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:27 am
dark__sunshin
tassan
dark__sunshin
tassan
Haydar the Truthful

--- Subhan Allah ---

dark__sunshin

coz that's how it was sent ~ ~ and u'll get Deeds for it .. and if u want deeds u read it in Arabic and more deeds Learn Arabic biggrin so u can do what allah asked to do !!

so now why i do not get thawab of understanding it? do it get it?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:53 am
tassan
dark__sunshin
tassan
dark__sunshin
tassan

--- Subhan Allah ---

dark__sunshin

so now why i do not get thawab of understanding it? do it get it?

what do u get of understanding ONLY?? with-out acting ?!?
if u acted what u understood then u get Thawab ;D

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

Zaakii

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:57 am
Arabic is the language of Paradise!

And the catholiks read their bible in latin, while the proto's read it in every language they whant!

The catholiks says it is too holy to be readen in other languages...

And why is this not in islamic discussions?  
General Debate Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff