Reply The Twilight Movie
Am I the only one?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what do you think?
  Bambie!
  Im gonna go watch it cause I luv everything and anything!
  Uuuuuhhhh *brain fart*
  I agree.
View Results

Evil_Dark_Kitty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:50 pm
That thinks the movie seriously sucks?
I mean they make Edward look like a complete fool!
Whats with Edward saying ""You can google it" or what ever.
And the stupid guy saying were not making a movie about a book.
Of course you are! Has anyone there even read the book?
And whats up with Stephenie...I mean is she stupid or what? She's the one whos supposed to say something when something is being changed or w/e and she thinks everything is fine and dandy.
I mean I love her. I love Twilight and all but this movie has gotten me real mad. I don't even know if I'm gonna go watch it anymore. I seriously don't know.

P.S
And that one scene that they made about Edward and the google reference. They said that that scene was like crucial or important.
Idc what they think, its not in the book!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:18 pm
I completely understand what you're trying to say.
Quote:

I totally agree with you there though, i hate watching interviews and they're trying to explain the characters. They just drawl on and on and on. And only knowing the minimal amount, you would think their actors would know just a litttle bit more.

But as for that Google line, i think it's pretty funny. I think the movie has a lot of potential. Just watching the ballet scene released at Comic-Con has me all psyched up!  

xXserenitys-smileXx

snow_yuki aka a vampire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:24 pm
to good of a book to make it a good movie

plus it took normal people 2-3 days to finish cuting it down to 2 hours is retarded you'll never feel the love they share in that amount of time  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:25 pm
xXserenitys-smileXx
Quote:

I totally agree with you there though, i hate watching interviews and they're trying to explain the characters. They just drawl on and on and on. And only knowing the minimal amount, you would think their actors would know just a litttle bit more.

But as for that Google line, i think it's pretty funny. I think the movie has a lot of potential. Just watching the ballet scene released at Comic-Con has me all psyched up!

I didn't find it funny. Why did they have to go and say that that part was like important.? That part just HAS to be in the movie, why? If its not in the book why is it so important? I mean I would get it if It was like an important scene in the book that HAD to be in the movie. But that part is not important at all.  

Evil_Dark_Kitty

xXserenitys-smileXx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:29 pm
Evil_Dark_Kitty
xXserenitys-smileXx
Quote:

I didn't find it funny. Why did they have to go and say that that part was like important.? That part just HAS to be in the movie, why? If its not in the book why is it so important? I mean I would get it if It was like an important scene in the book that HAD to be in the movie. But that part is not important at all.

Maybe there's more to the scene than just the Greenhouse, i know i saw some footage around a waterfall. So i gather that this whole might entail key points from the book in one hit. Instead of evenly dashing it out because they just don't have the time.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:40 pm
Evil_Dark_Kitty
xXserenitys-smileXx
Quote:

Wow.. you said important 4 times there ^.^  

Cat_Fairy

O r c h i d a c e o u s

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:52 pm
Yeah Ive been thinking about all of this too lately and im just not so sure that this movie is going to be as spectacular as i at least was hoping it to be.... I meen i think we all knew that it was going to be, to an extent, kinda in one way or the other, sucky. Like its kinda humanly impossible for something as phenomonal as TWILIGHT to be put into a movie form, let alone two hours of film. Im just going to go into that theatre and be totally ready to hate every little bit that way i dont freak when it is actually not all that good.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:38 pm
M a d d i C u l l e n
Yeah Ive been thinking about all of this too lately and im just not so sure that this movie is going to be as spectacular as i at least was hoping it to be.... I meen i think we all knew that it was going to be, to an extent, kinda in one way or the other, sucky. Like its kinda humanly impossible for something as phenomonal as TWILIGHT to be put into a movie form, let alone two hours of film. Im just going to go into that theatre and be totally ready to hate every little bit that way i dont freak when it is actually not all that good.

Thankyou!
@Cat_Fairy
Yeah I know... sweatdrop

Evil_Dark_Kitty

Cat_Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:38 pm
Evil_Dark_Kitty
M a d d i C u l l e n

Thankyou!
@Cat_Fairy
Yeah I know... sweatdrop

Perhaps you should take some tea with you to calm down if you get mad at it? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:04 pm
** I am giving you all fair warning. I am about to go on a serious rant. I have reached my tipping point and my patience with people who 'hate the movie' has reached zero **

OH MY GOD!
You haven't seen the movie yet! It hasen't been released!
You cannot fairly think this movie will be bad. We physically cannot really think anything. It's impossible, we can hypostesize sure, but you cannot think the movie will be bad as only limited people have been exposed.

And they did not make Edward look like a fool. What does everyone have against Robert? And if anyone says that he's 'too ugly' or 'not good looking enough', I am going to rip you a new one. HE CANNOT BE EDWARD. It's not possible. Edward does not exist in real life therefore he has no appearance. Everyone sees him a different way. There also is no concrete describtion of him in the book. All we know is golden eyes and bronze hair. That's it. Everything else is left up to the imagination and no two people think the same way therefore no two Edwards look alike. You cannot judge Robert until after you see the movie. We cannot judge on appearance. We have to judge on the way he portrays Edward, because that is written in the book. There is a way Edward acts and speaks. But the way Edward looks is unknown. It is unique to each person.
FOR THE LAST TIME, HE IS AN ACTOR PORTRAYING A CHARACTER. HE IS NOT EDWARD, HE IS PORTRAYING EDWARD.

And they are not making a movie about a book. They are making a movie based on a book. It's a big difference.
They will not, could not, would not ever make a movie word for word with the book. Why? because it's impossible. Certain changes have to be made to make the movie make sence. In the book we read wht Bella is thinking, we hear her thoughts and describtions. We don't get that with a movie, which means more or less describtion in some areas of the movie. Plus, we see only through Bella's eyes. We see what she sees ans only what she sees. We miss a lot of the action with the Cullens and some back story to the nomads. In the movie we are no longer bound to Bella's eyes. We can see what she doesn't. And that takes up time. Plus she no longer has to desciribe things to us. We can see for ourselves, and that takes less time. Then theres all the stuff with the time limit (to make a movie word for word with the book would make it like four hours long) and the budget. You have to take into account that theres a lot of planning that has to be done to make this successful. And, even though some people may not be too happy about it, people who have not read the book will be seeing the movie, and that may require more explanation as to what is going on. Sometimes extra sences are necessary in movies to make it flow, even if they aren't in the book. And the director and most of the actors, if not all the actors, have read the book.
I don't see why you should be so mad that Stephenie likes the movie. Doesn't that obviously mean she thinks they did a pretty good job? Shouldn't that give us all assurance? I don't think she would like it if they did as bad as you think they did.

Lastly, and most importantly:
THEY ARE NOT MAKING A MOVIE ABOUT TWILIGHT, THEY ARE MAKING A MOVIE BASED ON TWILIGHT. YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE, SO STOP JUDGING SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Cat_Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:41 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
** I am giving you all fair warning. I am about to go on a serious rant. I have reached my tipping point and my patience with people who 'hate the movie' has reached zero **

OH MY GOD!
You haven't seen the movie yet! It hasen't been released!
You cannot fairly think this movie will be bad. We physically cannot really think anything. It's impossible, we can hypostesize sure, but you cannot think the movie will be bad as only limited people have been exposed.

And they did not make Edward look like a fool. What does everyone have against Robert? And if anyone says that he's 'too ugly' or 'not good looking enough', I am going to rip you a new one. HE CANNOT BE EDWARD. It's not possible. Edward does not exist in real life therefore he has no appearance. Everyone sees him a different way. There also is no concrete describtion of him in the book. All we know is golden eyes and bronze hair. That's it. Everything else is left up to the imagination and no two people think the same way therefore no two Edwards look alike. You cannot judge Robert until after you see the movie. We cannot judge on appearance. We have to judge on the way he portrays Edward, because that is written in the book. There is a way Edward acts and speaks. But the way Edward looks is unknown. It is unique to each person.
FOR THE LAST TIME, HE IS AN ACTOR PORTRAYING A CHARACTER. HE IS NOT EDWARD, HE IS PORTRAYING EDWARD.

And they are not making a movie about a book. They are making a movie based on a book. It's a big difference.
They will not, could not, would not ever make a movie word for word with the book. Why? because it's impossible. Certain changes have to be made to make the movie make sence. In the book we read wht Bella is thinking, we hear her thoughts and describtions. We don't get that with a movie, which means more or less describtion in some areas of the movie. Plus, we see only through Bella's eyes. We see what she sees ans only what she sees. We miss a lot of the action with the Cullens and some back story to the nomads. In the movie we are no longer bound to Bella's eyes. We can see what she doesn't. And that takes up time. Plus she no longer has to desciribe things to us. We can see for ourselves, and that takes less time. Then theres all the stuff with the time limit (to make a movie word for word with the book would make it like four hours long) and the budget. You have to take into account that theres a lot of planning that has to be done to make this successful. And, even though some people may not be too happy about it, people who have not read the book will be seeing the movie, and that may require more explanation as to what is going on. Sometimes extra sences are necessary in movies to make it flow, even if they aren't in the book. And the director and most of the actors, if not all the actors, have read the book.
I don't see why you should be so mad that Stephenie likes the movie. Doesn't that obviously mean she thinks they did a pretty good job? Shouldn't that give us all assurance? I don't think she would like it if they did as bad as you think they did.

Lastly, and most importantly:
THEY ARE NOT MAKING A MOVIE ABOUT TWILIGHT, THEY ARE MAKING A MOVIE BASED ON TWILIGHT. YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE, SO STOP JUDGING SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!

Well said... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:27 pm
I heard about the google reference and personally, I thought it was hilarious. And compared to the way Hollywood has done other movies based off goo books, I don't think this is going to be too bad. Obviously the books will be better, and there will be parts during the movie series that will get annoying, but it could be a lot worse.  

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Kaylee49

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:28 am
Get your head's outta your asses and DEAL WITH IT. How is making it into a movie a bad thing? Not everyone reads, so why not share the love through film?
Plus...as much as I LOVE Twilight, the book isnt so well written that its to good to be made into a movie (some people have said that to me), that just bullshit. I love Twilight, but I can think of plenty more books that are written better, there is no such thing as "being to good for film", Hollywood can pretty much do anything.
rolleyes Now grow up and stop your whining, you havent even seen the movie yet.  
The Twilight Movie

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games