Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Witchy questions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:49 am
To those of us who are witches, I have some questions, in the interests of getting some more convos going ^_^ You don't need to answer all the questions or even answer specifically the ones I'm posing here.

What parts of your spirituality do you think of as witchcraft?
Is there a definite line between your religion and your craft, or is there some overlap?
Are you more likely to refer to yourself as a Pagan or a witch?
Can you imagine your religion/spirituality without the witchy components?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:52 am

Spirituality always plays a part for me, even when I'm focusing on the mundane. If I can improve my circumstances, then I can give back to others.

Is there a definite line between your religion and your craft, or is there some overlap?

It's one and the same for me. Though, for the record, I'm not part of a religion.

I'm a witch. Calling myself a pagan would imply that I worship more than one deity and I don't.

Hell no.  

AiRune

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:17 pm
Paganism doesn't imply polytheism.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:30 pm
In that I consider witchcraft to be simply a practice, I don't think it is all that much tied into the core of my spiritual path. Ritual in and of itself isn't necessarily witchcraft, and any spell casting that I do (and I really don't do all that much of it) usually doesn't have a lot to do with the spiritual aspect of my path. My spiritual path may enhance my "craft" workings, but I think I could remove the witchcraft from my practice and still have a valid spiritual path.

Though I could possibly separate the two if it came down to it...as I currently practice there is definite overlap.

And yet...having said all that...I prefer to call myself a Witch. blaugh Pagan seems too general.

While I can imagine the two separated (and considering the time I spent in the "closet", have had the two separated), I think (know) I would feel like something was missing if you took away my witchy-ness  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:03 pm
personally i refer to myself as a witch and i think my craft and spirituality are fairly intermingled.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:34 am
It does if that's your definition of a pagan.  

AiRune

Kyreie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:51 am

Ritual and everyday life make up my spirituality, and I tend to think of the spellcrafting as the witchcraft aspect.

No, there's a lot of overlap.

I refer to myself as Pagan, but if I'm telling someone who doesn't know what that means, I tell them I'm a witch.

No. I believe there is a difference between witchcraft and spirituality, but they are so intertwined that I couldn't seperate them. I wouldn't even if I could!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:31 pm

Oh I don't know. I think the actual workings of mine would be considered as witchcraft, as well as casually speaking to spirits.

I tend not to call it a religion. It is such a lifestyle for me. One could not exist without the other.

Witch. I do not like the term Pagan.(even if it may apply xD )

Not at all.  

LRGG1

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games