Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
WHAT DOES YOUR EDWARD LOOK LIKE? (a running toll) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you cast someone different as Edward then Robert P.?
Yes. Robert is not cute at all!
19%
 19%  [ 10 ]
Yes. Robert is super cute and all he just doesn't fit my Edward
13%
 13%  [ 7 ]
No. Robert fits just fine.
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
No. Robert is adorable and fits Edward just grand.
19%
 19%  [ 10 ]
Oh, come on no one could possibly fit Edward, so it doesn't matter who they pick. So I don't care either way.
33%
 33%  [ 17 ]
I'm just here for the blood.... oh i mean gold.
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 51

LoveHeather

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:48 pm
Almost everyone has an opinion on Robert playing Edward in the movie.
What's yours?

So if you had to cast Edward, who would you pick? Post a photo of your pick!
If you would still pick Robert, just post a photo of him up.
Or if you agree with someone else, just quote them and say I agree!

Photos only please, the whole point is for him to be a cast member, not just a description
(we all know that from the book. ^___^)

THE ORIGINAL CAST MEMBER OF EDWARD:

User Image

Picks for Robert: 3

THE OTHER PICKS AS CAST MEMBER OF EDWARD:

*your picks get counted here*

Picks For.......

Jason Wade: 2
Haru (from fruits basket): 1
Gaspard Ulliel: 4
Johnny Depp: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:56 pm
My Cast of Edward would be....

Jason Wade.

Super adorable and has that sensitive 1900 look to him.
and they can totally dye his hair to Edwards in the book.

User Image

User Image

LoveHeather

WineChan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:50 pm
Mine was the face of Haru from Fruit's backet, not anime, but real life face (if you can imagine that). His hair is Rpattz's hair. And yeah, I sorta imagined a mix of Haru and Rpattz. whee

So...since Haru isn't a real person....I guess I vote for Rob Patt. But let me say this in general to everyone, as a reminder.

People should not judge him just because he doesn't look like the Edward we imagined. For gods sake, even I shouldn't be saying that he's going to be good! We have not seen him acting as Edward in the movie yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:08 pm
I wouldn't have picked anyone else!!!!! Robert Pattinson is and will be AMAZING as Edward Cullen*swoon* I mean, come on , He's a British guy playing an American vampire! You can't beat that!!!!!! I have been a Robert Pattinson fan since the first day he was announced Edward heart  

Bellome_18

LoveHeather

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:50 pm
I actually don't mind the playing of Edward as Robert,
But I was curious to see what people would pick if they had their choice.
If it couldn't be Robert or i had no idea it was to be robert, i'd pick the one i chose, jason wade.
But i'm not one of those crazy people that go off on how Robert sucks. lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:02 pm
At first, I didn't like him playing Edward, but that was a while ago. I've grown fond of him playing Edward, now that I've finished the series, I'm sure he's perfect to play him.

Mrs Joe Trohman

papershelf i c i c l e s

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:12 pm
when spunk ransom first come out as edward, i was po'ed to the max. he was absolutely the worst pick for me-- he was british for godssakes!! (i was especially mad that edward would be british, and carlisle would be american). but from all the other "options" that people had put up for suggestions, i diint like any of them. i still wouldnt be able to think of an actor who would be my ideal edward.
anywho, now that ive seen previews for the movie and im all uber excited that its coming out SO SOON (not really, but hey), im okay with spunk ransom being edward. still not my number 1 pick (he looks so awkward in some stills/ scenes!), but ive come to terms with it. yay.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:23 pm
For me, it's always been Gaspard Ulliel. He seems much more of the role in my personal view, but obviously the castors(sp) had their reasons for Robert. I dont mind Rob playing him, I just prefur Gaspard. He exemplifies more Edward-like qualities. =3 I limited my choice to picking pics of him that really screamed out "Edward".

User Image

PS
I believe he's been considered by alot of fans and has been talked about here before, but I dont know. Some of you may know him from the movie Hannibal Rising.  

La Beaute

Phoenixliv

9,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:20 am
Being that there's no way to go back in time about 20 years and kidnap Johnny Depp from his days on 21 jumpstreet to play Edward, Robert will have to do. It's not like any guy will be as perfect as the personalized Edward we each have imagined heart I should see if I could photoshop a perfect Edward ^_^

Edit:
Here's what I made up really quick! The hair isn't' done well at all but ah well, just for a gist of the thing:
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:37 am
La Beaute
For me, it's always been Gaspard Ulliel. He seems much more of the role in my personal view, but obviously the castors(sp) had their reasons for Robert. I dont mind Rob playing him, I just prefur Gaspard. He exemplifies more Edward-like qualities. =3 I limited my choice to picking pics of him that really screamed out "Edward".

PS
I believe he's been considered by alot of fans and has been talked about here before, but I dont know. Some of you may know him from the movie Hannibal Rising.

I completely agree. between the look being closer and much better acting i was EXTREEMELY for Gaspard. I'm still disapointed to be honest (although i was thinking that perhaps it was gaspard's strong accent that might have been a factor...or budget perhaps).
acting wise i'm worried that Robert won't cut it (i'm worried about a lot of the acting choices actually) but i've gotten a little used to seeing Robert's face as edwards in public places.... but in my mind i will always picture Gaspard  

Aradia Helevorn

Literate Dork

Witty Flatterer

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:41 am
LoveHeather
My Cast of Edward would be....

Jason Wade.

Super adorable and has that sensitive 1900 look to him.
and they can totally dye his hair to Edwards in the book.

User Image

User Image

You know what...I'm going to agree with you. Jason Wade is what I picture as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:54 pm
Aradia Helevorn
La Beaute

PS

I completely agree. between the look being closer and much better acting i was EXTREEMELY for Gaspard. I'm still disapointed to be honest (although i was thinking that perhaps it was gaspard's strong accent that might have been a factor...or budget perhaps).
acting wise i'm worried that Robert won't cut it (i'm worried about a lot of the acting choices actually) but i've gotten a little used to seeing Robert's face as edwards in public places.... but in my mind i will always picture Gaspard

Yes, I concur! =3 I'm getting too familiarized with Rob being Edward, but it's all good. Gaspard is still my vision of Edward.  

La Beaute

Juliette06

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:19 pm

Gaspard all the way. -drools- He's so perfect for Edward...I really don't like Robert for the role. He's just not...He's not handsome enough, in my opinion XD He doesn't scream 'Immortal Forgotten God' to me, while Gaspard makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Yeah...-sigh- I bet the accent was the problem. -pout-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:16 pm
La Beaute

User Image

PS

He looks pretty good. He's got that quality about him too.
^____^

I have to admit Rob just keeps growing on me.
I have never really cared, but I think because I read the last book with Rob's image, it may have changed things for me.
Because I pictured Jason Wade the entire time, until the last book (in which i'd already seen the preview), so it changed i think.
Going through all the sex scenes with Rob. LMAO! But really... you're at this intimate level with now, Rob's view and Bella's view... and i think it changes things.
But if i had to cast the members. I would definatley call in this Gaspered guy for reading the script! LOL.  

LoveHeather

papershelf i c i c l e s

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:26 pm
La Beaute

User Image

PS

yes.. i quite agree. i know one of my friends from work thought of too as edward. i belive he would do a much better than spunk ransom. yay for french people :3  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff