Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Thread Archive
Sims Event

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

evilbuns

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:00 pm
Hey guys! If Sims were to partner with us for an online campaign, you guys have any suggestions on cool ideas or events that users would enjoy?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:57 pm
Well when you install the Sims2 while the install is going on they have this quiz/matching game you can play to kill time. Perhaps a version of that, that you can play on gaia and the reward would be a unique sims items like a plumbob (green diamond thing from the sims) or something like that.  

Astrid Rose

Coasting

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:31 am
That would be freaking AWESOME.
Maybe you could do a clothing design contest?
Or just some kind of custom content~  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:55 am
I'm wracking my brains but nothing comes to mind. I really do like the idea of there being an item reward of a plumbob for whatever event we can think of though.
The Sims is very community orientated and they like the sharing of player made content... so.... Awww nuts, my brain just isn't warmed up today, sorry.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Chikiya

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:10 am
It would be cool to have some sort of event, I don't think there should be items necessarily, because the items for this sort of thing tend to be quite tacky and undesirable, but it would be good to have some sort of game, or contest, that lets you win gold. I wish I could think of something but I'm with Menaceman in the uncreative corner right now.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:10 pm
What about some sort of quests like the jobs in the Sims? They can choose a Gaia related job (such as fisher, grunny rodeo clown, lol something like those) and like in the game answer questions on what to do with the job. Then if they don't get fired and get to the last promotion they can get a reward?  

Madame Royale

Invisible Regular

Sunshine-Girl22

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:11 am
Just like MenaceMan, it's too early in the morning for me. My brain isn't working, but I am reading other ideas, and they're really good. I would take those into consideration. 3nodding whee

When I have an idea, I'll get back to you. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:10 pm
Oh, gosh, I love the plumbob idea! I would suggest a sims movie making contest, but that'd be rather unfair to people who don't have and can't afford the Sims. You could create a game where people can "create" their own Sims on Gaia, similar to avatars. You could make a flash game where there's a sim, and you can mix and match different skin tones, hair, eyes, noses, mouths, clothes, and accessories. People could show off their sim too.

Ooh, the Gaia staff should use the Sims to create Gaian NPCs and make a movie out of it, then show it as a Gaian promotional film for the Sims. I'm sure there are people in the office who have played Sims and can create Sims that look like NPCs, and will be able to make a movie out of it. So, not only is it related to Gaia, but it's also an advertisement.  

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

xe brat prince

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:21 pm
Plumbob would be wonderful. Or the "Growing Up Your Sim" game that is the game while you're waiting for Sims to finish downloading. [Nod]

Thread Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games