Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:52 am
So. I want to do an experiment.
It might be fun. It could be lame.

But I want you guys to be involved as well.
Let's make me Gaia famous.

So where should I start?

Current Mission::
I figure my shop is probably the best place to start.
I want to pick a famous Gaian and send them free avi arts in hopes that they will wear it when they post and people will think I'm the best because whoever is so awesome that they'd only associate with the best...

So I need you guys to recommend some famous Gaians that I should shower with my gift... I'll let you vote too!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:35 pm
try Mods any and all mods should work  

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:36 pm
I think infamy might be easier xd Become a GCD/GD troll, you'll get noticed real fast.

I agree with Raz's idea. If you can get mods and devs to wear your art, you'll be off to a good start. Qixter heads the zOMG beta project... Noraboo is an admin for mini shops... Loie captains SCAS.... They'd all be pretty good for advertising.

Careful. Don't go getting all e-famous and forget about us wink  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:45 pm
Oh it's strictly research. and boredom.  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

[Zigaroma]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:11 pm
Being famous on Gaia is like making new meme, your cool for a few days then BAM space olympics! stare  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:32 am
Damnation. It's like I'm here to bi*ch or talk about stuff in lame paragraphs now.

First of all, yes, I know this is just your 'experiment'.

I'll try to keep me from exploding to you this time, because you're awesome. I really hate people who wants to be famous and stuff. Seriously, what's the point in becoming e-famous? I for one, do not want to have 'e-fame'. Is it because people would go and be your peasants/slaves/ would agree to you now? Is it because you'd get donated by people? People will worship you? A lot of hackers would target you. Some people will hate you, some people won't. Trying to be famous on Gaia is like being an 'attention whore'. I for one laugh at people who wants/tries to be famous. Struggling for e-fame and the likes, it makes me laugh all the time. I'm not jealous and stuff. I pity them instead. Wanting popularity is just plain pathetic.

Here's something you'd like to read.  

Thrux

Eriwain
Crew

6,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:53 am
Ok, so long as its an experiment I would go with sending the staff art, maybe send them art of the items that the artists have created? Work out who you want to market your art to (Old users who can spend more, new users who will blow a couple-a-hundred on a peice, everyone, etc) and post in relevant forums. Try sending the main users of that forum free stuff too.
I have to agree with Rofl about e-fame being a transient thing, and all the risks associated. Maybe use a mule so your main isnt caught by the backlash?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:54 pm
I appreciate your concerns.

I just want to see what it's like really and I don't want to be like GD famous or whatever. I don't want to become popular, but known and respected. Don't worry I won't compromise my morals for anyone anymore...

Rofl- That was actually quite entertaining and useful. hehe.

I'm going on a walk.
Honestly, I'll probably lose interest before it goes anywhere.  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces