Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Board_of_Strategy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:35 pm
I'm a fan of the game although I've only just begun playing. I seem to have stumbled upon something I wasn't supposed to though. I somehow acquired a large number of magic scrolls 1k to be exact and then I had to drop a water melon and then it just burst into hundreds of them. I literally drowned in water mellons. Have any of you the knowledge of to which what happened?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:32 pm
You accidentally found the item duping cheat.

Just select a scroll, press confirm (X on PS3, dunno what on 360) twice, and then place the cursor over an item (must have 100% health rating if it's an equip item) and press the button to drop the item.

Unfortunately, it isn't a good idea when you are duping more than about 10 of the same item, and weight is also an important factor, since you can't move when carrying more than your maximum weight limit.

However, it's a great way to get some quick gold when you first get, say, an enchanted sword from a shop. Just dupe 4 of them, pick up 3 of them, sell them, and pick up the 4th one for yourself.  

pathetic_negi_magician

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:35 pm
However, it is looked down upon in the sense that, when you do it, your shops will have inventories of 99x *insert item here* which reminds you, you've cheated.

Also, if you dupe more than about 10, it'll start to freeze the game. And if you dupe, say, 200 of an item, the game'll likely lock up, or take a loooo-oong time to finish making them appear. And yeah, you could actually be drowned in watermelons. Or, like I've done once, made a waterfall in the Shivering Isles have arrows raining down.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:35 pm
Thank you for the clarification. Most appreciated.  

Board_of_Strategy

viggyeitsme

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:33 pm
for the game freezzing it really depends on the size of the item i can dope 200 rubys easy but when i do like 200 swords my game will lag and for me on 360 it dosint have the insert item here  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:57 pm
This is true...Has anyone else found the Umbra armor and weapons. if not i can tell you how  

Marraca

Marraca

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:55 pm
they're kinda heavy but enchanted and amazing!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:50 am
Marraca
This is true...Has anyone else found the Umbra armor and weapons. if not i can tell you how

She's in one of the ruins called Vindasel. Its kinda hard to say where it is, but here's the location:
http://oblivion.wikia.com/wiki/Vindasel  

Haratio TaFotter

dragonruler321

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:06 am
Board_of_Strategy
I'm a fan of the game although I've only just begun playing. I seem to have stumbled upon something I wasn't supposed to though. I somehow acquired a large number of magic scrolls 1k to be exact and then I had to drop a water melon and then it just burst into hundreds of them. I literally drowned in water mellons. Have any of you the knowledge of to which what happened?
Yeah! i know what happened. you accidently made the Duplication Glitch. you have a number of scrolls( at least two!) and i you press on the scrolls to times quick and then go drob a (lets say) Watermelon and it will get duplicated the number of scrolls you had double clicked on!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:28 am
lol i randomly found umbra on my first character i was like lvl 4 XD....i turned it to the easiest difficulty and killed her and i was like "woot i is cool"
but that character got deleted cus of my diptard brother : i can help with any quest in the game that doesn't involve knights of the nine (never bought it)  

Niaxus

Hatchet Girl 1990

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:13 am
One of my friends was bragging he got the umbra sword, but compared to the dawn/dusk fang, its kinda crappy...whats the big deal with the umbra sword anyway?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:30 pm
its just cause you can radomly get it 30 minutes after starting the game its just a sort of good sword for people who just started  

Niaxus

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:20 am
Its actually the best sword in the game, if you exclude the shivering isles  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:23 am
well ya but....well your right...but still the point being you will rape the game if you just walk aimlessly for a few minutes and find that b***h kick her a** by turning it on the lowest difficulty then back up when your done :  

Niaxus

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:40 pm
Tron714
Its actually the best sword in the game, if you exclude the shivering isles

Highest attack =/= best sword.

The fact that it's default enchantment is Soul Trap makes it so that you can't give it an enchantment that it useful in combat. The general gamefaqs concensus is that the "best" sword in the game is the strongest possible weapon you can forge (in the SI, doesn't matter which person crafted it) with an effect from the strongest possible level of Sigil Stones. I can't be certain, but IIRC these can be crafted/ found when your character is at level 36 or higher.  
Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff