Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Guys, I'm freaking pissed. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:52 pm
So here I am, in my room, doing not much. I come out and my dad says, "Did you move your gun?"
"...huh? No."
"You didn't take it out of the glovebox, put it under the seat, in your room, anything?"
"...no..."
"...well it's not there."

Needless to say I go look in the freaking glove box pretty quick, and lo and behold, there's nothing there.

If you didn't know, my dad was trying to sell "my" Beretta 96 D in .40 caliber, DAO, Camellia. He'd had no luck, so I asked if sometime last week he could go by the place it was bought from (used) and see if they'd, like, buy it back. But he didn't, so it stayed in the glove box.

SO NOW some a*****e could go out there and kill somebody with the gun I worked hard for.

lol
I hope he burns in hell.

This is also the second time this has happened. Last time it was when a drug-head lived across the street, a cheap, .22 derringer was taken.

Needless to say, my dad needs to lock the ******** car.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:56 pm
ArmasTermin
So here I am, in my room, doing not much. I come out and my dad says, "Did you move your gun?"
"...huh? No."
"You didn't take it out of the glovebox, put it under the seat, in your room, anything?"
"...no..."
"...well it's not there."

Needless to say I go look in the freaking glove box pretty quick, and lo and behold, there's nothing there.

If you didn't know, my dad was trying to sell "my" Beretta 96 D in .40 caliber, DAO, Camellia. He'd had no luck, so I asked if sometime last week he could go by the place it was bought from (used) and see if they'd, like, buy it back. But he didn't, so it stayed in the glove box.

SO NOW some a*****e could go out there and kill somebody with the gun I worked hard for.

lol
I hope he burns in hell.

This is also the second time this has happened. Last time it was when a drug-head lived across the street, a cheap, .22 derringer was taken.

Needless to say, my dad needs to lock the ******** car.
Dude, don't put it IN the car unless you are leaving RIGHT THEN.  

uryu ishida

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:17 pm
Thank you, uryu for that incredibly helpful piece of advice. stare

In the situation, that was not possible to do.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:24 pm
I thought it was common to all knowledgeable gun owners that when it isn't locked up, it's not without reach.  

OberFeldwebel

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:24 pm
ArmasTermin
Thank you, uryu for that incredibly helpful piece of advice. stare

In the situation, that was not possible to do.
mrgreen

Report it stolen.

And next time, just keep it in the house until you are SURE he is actually going where he says he is.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:29 pm
Personally if I were to be selling one, and were to be handing one to someone that may buy it I'll probably take the firing pin out in case he decides to be an a*****e.

But I'm the paranoid type.  

OberFeldwebel

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:38 pm
Ober, I really don't know how to take the firing pin out of anything, really.

Ober, it should have been locked up. It was supposed to be locked up.

uryu, it shall be reported tomorrow for sure. The place it was bought from would have the serial number on file, right? I figure that will be needed and I didn't write it down.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:00 pm
Well, really to be honest I... would not have left it in the car. In the glove box no less. That's the first place they look. Glove box, under the seat, visor and if applicable, under the back seat.

Not in a case too?
I'm not trying to be too harsh but honestly, the way you were going about it I would think you were living in the ******** town of Mayberry.

Anyway, you don't know how to take apart your firearm? (Down to the last part)  

OberFeldwebel

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:20 pm
OberFeldwebel
Well, really to be honest I... would not have left it in the car. In the glove box no less. That's the first place they look. Glove box, under the seat, visor and if applicable, under the back seat.

Not in a case too?
I'm not trying to be too harsh but honestly, the way you were going about it I would think you were living in the ******** town of Mayberry.

Where I live, Mayberry isn't the farthest comparison. It's a dinky little town in Louisiana, not south-central Los Angeles or even remotely close to it.

Hopefully this specific a*****e is some gangsta that already doesn't know how to shoot and can't handle the DAO trigger. Or maybe he'll just sell it to a pawn shop...

stressed

DIT: And know, I can't do a full disassemble. Never tried for anything beyond a field strip.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:49 pm
ArmasTermin
OberFeldwebel

Not in a case too?

Where I live, Mayberry isn't the farthest comparison. It's a dinky little town in Louisiana, not south-central Los Angeles or even remotely close to it.

Hopefully this specific a*****e is some gangsta that already doesn't know how to shoot and can't handle the DAO trigger. Or maybe he'll just sell it to a pawn shop...

stressed

DIT: And know, I can't do a full disassemble. Never tried for anything beyond a field strip.

stare
The pawn shop.
Yeah I would report it stolen, but for your sake say that it was in a case.

Besides, why would a criminal be honest about what really happened?  

OberFeldwebel

Rommel_Desert_Fox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:10 pm
If what I have said offended you...

=( sorry Armas

... then it was probably intentional.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:06 pm
question...

you dad was considering selling it? ok... were you ok with this idea? or did you oppose it?

cause, honestly... if my father told me he wanted to sell something of mine.... then all of a sudden it turned up missin..... i'd be more than a might suspicious about it.

and, i'm am sorry..... i couldnt imagine the deep, deep level of gut wrench that you felt when you first found out.

Like the above said, report it... say it was in a "secure case" even go as far as describing a "case" that it was in... seeing as your fathers vehicle was unlocked... and there was no forced entry to the vehicle... if the gun was in a "lockable case" they might be able to charge the douche (if caught) with forced entry (into the case) to obtain a firearm.

If some one just takes a gun out of a open (unsecured) vehicle, a clever defense would argue that the defendant was unaware, or unable to tell if the vehicle was his, and since it was unlocked... who's to argue it? on top of that, they would have to try an prove intent to deprive you of the weapon.... since it was taken from an open vehicle with no "case" he could say that he thought it was his... but if a man gains entry to a vehicle and finds a "locked" case, and forces it open. Its obviously not his, and there in lies the intent to deprive property from its owner... and there for a new and more grievous charge.

I dropped out of Law.

I hate myself sometimes.  

Crash Maniac

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:12 pm
Well it was in a case. A somewhat flimsy one, but locked nonetheless. Thin and black with a textured finish. wink

And yeah, I was okay with the selling. I asked him to do such.

I really didn't care that much about the gun anymore. It's just what someone could do with it now, and the work I put into the money that got it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:18 pm
Okay, a cop got the report. Said a detective will call in about a week and my dad can get the serial number from the place it was bought from to give to him.

But I don't expect to have it back or for anyone to even find it. Louisiana cops like to sit on their hands.  

ArmasTermin

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:26 pm
Ah s**t.
I should have asked my instructor about this stuff.

Anyway, I'm sure they wont find it until someone uses it.
I'll let you worry about the use.

Now what the instructor hinted at during class was that stolen property is returned to the owner, but stuff that is illegal is incinerated, and stuff that is/was used in a murder stays archived until the murderer dies.
neutral

It's kept archived in the advent that the murderer tries to get an appeal or some such bullshit.

Again, another reason for the death penalty.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff