Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
What is the Best English Translation of the Koran?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well do you have one for me?
  :D yeah
  D: no
  ....maybe? :o
View Results

Absurd Thought

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:11 pm

Well, really, I'd like to know. I know there's lots of different versions, but I want to find the best online versions so I can get a better grasp of what Islam is about.

So far all I know is the one recommended by Phoenixia to Ratri:

http://www3.alislam.org/index.jsp

Are there any additional ones?

I don't want to search online for one, because I'm not entirely sure what qualifies as a true translation (lol ratri, you've already shown that from your posts xd ).

I figured that I would get the best versions recommended by Muslims. Oh, are there any sites that you would recommend that are good sites with information on Islam?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:16 pm
I've posted this in another post, But I'll stick it here again.

Regardless, The best thing you can do to get a good meaning of Islam is to try your best to understand the Qur'ans Texts on your own, Take notes of verses that seem odd and question those verses to Muslims who have reasoning. (Not pointing fingers or anything...) As I have seen from the verse you provided the wording is somewhat different but I can still convey the same meaning out of the verses. I myself do not know how to read Arabic but it's easy to learn if you have the right people explaining it to you.

I hope your search is successful and that you don't meet with anyone who calls him/herself a Muslim but fails to provide reasoning or a clear answer.

I would also search into the different Muslim Sects to tell which one takes it literally and which one takes it spiritually, And the rulings for them.

Here's a start:
Sunni = Literal
Shi'a = Spiritual
Sufi (Sunni Sect) = Spiritual

So the interpretation will be different varying on who you meet.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out