Mike Kiley Interview Online
ICv2 News has published a lengthy interview with TOKYOPOP editor in chief Mike Kiley.

My favorite quote about it is when Kiley was discussing how people define manga:
Quote:
"The analogy that I like to use in describing it to people who don't know a lot about where manga comes from and what makes authentic manga is to think of something like jazz. As a musical format, it had its birthplace in a very particular geographical location: the United States, even more particular than that the South, even more particular than that New Orleans. Even today there are people who are jazz purists who really believe that if it doesn't come from that particular culture and wellspring, it isn't really jazz. In the past hundred years jazz has incarnated itself all over the world, and everywhere it appears it's interpreted in a very specific and distinct way, whether it's Europe, or South America, or Asia."

I found the article interesting. It's kind of nice to hear how TP works and get a bit of info on thier future.