helmet

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rommel_Desert_Fox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:52 pm
If what I have said offended you...

So I was reading Brocks thread about the archaeology student who found an Australian soldiers remains from WWI and said soldier had a German helmet. I knew the Germans had a spiked helmet, but only now have I ever wondered why. Don't the Germans have some really tall people? Tall person + good sized spike on the top of the head = bad head clearance. There doesn't seem to be too much of a tactical advantage to it, and it seems to get in the way too much for it to be worth use as a decoration.

... then it was probably intentional.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:29 pm
Graduation day at the academy must have had more injuries than any battlefield of the war. xd  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:27 am
So that while using your helmet as a bowl for food, you can stick it into the ground so nothing spills?

To make head-butting leathal?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:28 am
Freak_090
So that while using your helmet as a bowl for food, you can stick it into the ground so nothing spills?

To make head-butting leathal?

Why not just make it flat then?

You know, I always thought of the head butting thing. That and the viking helmet. xd  

Man of the Demoneye

Xarich

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:00 pm
From what I heard it was purely for decoration. And in some cases allied soldiers could see the spike poking out above the trench line, and would use them for target practice. Earlier models had un re-moveable spikes, the later ones could be removed.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:43 am
lol
B*tch shot ma spike!  

Freak_090
Captain

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:00 am
Freak_090
lol
B*tch shot ma spike!
They had a jousting tourney like that at the Ren Faire. Everyone has a wax spike on top of their helmet, and the last man with a spike wins.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:56 am
Soul Bain
From what I heard it was purely for decoration. And in some cases allied soldiers could see the spike poking out above the trench line, and would use them for target practice. Earlier models had un re-moveable spikes, the later ones could be removed.
Yup they even had a match striker under later moddles so it was infact useful!  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
Q&A (Are YOU using this?)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items