Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
What is the best...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:27 am
Video game to movie? (there aren't that many good ones)
Movie to video game?

and what is the worst?

Best: Final Fantasy - Advent Children (movie)
Best: The Warriors (game)

Worst: Street Fighter (movie)
Worst: I can't think of one that really annoyed me...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:59 am
FF:AA was definately one of the better ones, but the one before it... Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within... just didn't work out as well... stare
Super Mario Bros. the Movie was alright, but it was quite disappointing in how much it WASN'T like the game. >_>

I don't remember any movie to game adaptions at the moment, but I'll probably post some once I remember.  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:23 pm
Worst movie to video game?

Transformers.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
I do find it annoying how they try to make a game based off a movie and release the game before the movie.. >< The movies may be awesome has hell, but most of the time, the game just sucks.

Now, I know the Resident Evil books came first. But, the movies are not as are not as good as the games. The storyline is nothing alike. All the monsters there were in the books and games suddenly don't exist. After playing so many RE games, the movies kind of annoy me.  

Luther Olathes

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:23 pm
All I can really think of are BOOKS to movies, and most of the movies sucked. Well, at least to the book.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:16 am
Best
Game to Movie: Mortal Kombat. It may have been a bit cheesy, but it was a fun movie that the cast obviously enjoyed making.

Movie to Game:Lord of the Rings, Return of the King. Great hack-n'-slash with a definite feeling of a massive struggle.

Worst
Game to Movie: Mortal Kombat, Annihilation. Watching it as a kid, I was confused. Watching it as an adult, I find it stupid. Deciding to follow the events of the game rather than loosely interpret them turned it into a live-action version of the MK cartoon, and everyone who's seen that knows it's a very bad thing.

Movie to Game: ET. On a more serious note, I don't have any memory of being let down by a movie-to-game release, probably because I never buy them and simply assume that all of them are bad. Is my logic flawed?  

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200

Board_of_Strategy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:55 pm
Worst Book to Movie to Game: Eragon. i spent hours on end constantly trying to play through that game. I never did finish it, the game is irksome.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:07 am
Board_of_Strategy
Worst Book to Movie to Game: Eragon. i spent hours on end constantly trying to play through that game. I never did finish it, the game is irksome.

Exactly.  

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers