Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:26 am
So I've never been to a gun range and rented a gun to shoot before. I have a couple questions. First, how much should I expect to pay? Second, I'm over 18 but not yet 21, so would they likely allow me to rent a pistol? Third, how could I find such a range in my area? The only one I know of is a couple hours' drive away, and I'd prefer something much closer.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:37 am
I think that under adult supervision that they would let you.
Or they could probably supervise you, just don't expect to be walking away from them though. I would call and ask to be sure.

Hopefully that dumbass incident with that 8 year old isn't making everyone go, "ehh I dunno." to every minor.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:38 pm
I'll probably walk in with my sweatshirt which reads very prominently "Arizona State Junior Rifle Team". Perhaps I can earn myself some respectability that way.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:16 pm
I think at 18 you'd be able to rent out pistols.

Under 18, you have to have an adult with you. I'm pretty sure that's how it is anyway.

I seriously need to go out to Cordova Shooting Range, though. According to an ex-police officer I talked to at the airshow (the one with the F-22 Raptor and the B-2 bomber), for $20, you can fire three shots from a .50 BMG rifle. I don't know if that's true, considering .50 BMGs are illegal in California, but if it is true, it's not a bad deal, since .50 cal. bullets range from two to five bucks EACH.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 am
Requiem6661
I think at 18 you'd be able to rent out pistols.

Under 18, you have to have an adult with you. I'm pretty sure that's how it is anyway.

I seriously need to go out to Cordova Shooting Range, though. According to an ex-police officer I talked to at the airshow (the one with the F-22 Raptor and the B-2 bomber), for $20, you can fire three shots from a .50 BMG rifle. I don't know if that's true, considering .50 BMGs are illegal in California, but if it is true, it's not a bad deal, since .50 cal. bullets range from two to five bucks EACH.
Someone made a cheap-s**t ripoff of the .50BMG for Cali that has zero ballistic difference. It's probably that.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:22 pm
I paid $51.25 for a Glock and 50 rounds of .40SW ammo last time I rented a gun, that included a target to punch holes in and shooting glasses/earmuffs rental.  

Maelthra Reloaded

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:22 am
Maelthra Reloaded
I paid $51.25 for a Glock and 50 rounds of .40SW ammo last time I rented a gun, that included a target to punch holes in and shooting glasses/earmuffs rental.
I feel like I should know, but how old are (or were, at the time of rental) you?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:49 pm
... you rented a Glock?

Please tell me it's not just any normal Glock.  

OberFeldwebel

Maelthra Reloaded

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:58 pm
Fresnel
Maelthra Reloaded
I feel like I should know, but how old are (or were, at the time of rental) you?

20. First time I did it, I was with my uncle and I was 15 though.

OberFeldwebel
... you rented a Glock?

Please tell me it's not just any normal Glock.

This place, you chose the caliber that you wanted to fire and they lent you a gun. I asked if I could try out a SIG, but they didn't have any that I could use. So I tried out a Glock for shits and giggles, and to see why everyone hates them.

Now I hate them too, BTW.  
Q&A (Are YOU using this?)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff