Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Happy
  Halloween!!
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:16 am
Last minute preparations are now! Anyone go all out or trick or treating for halloween? How about traditions? Any halloween traditions/things you do every halloween?

~We don't do much on halloween. used to trick or treat but at home mom always give out candy to kids. Now me and my sister does it mainly while she buys the candy. ^_^ To add to the fun this year; ends up the Phillies (baseball) team won the World league so everyone was excited about that last night. XD (I don't watch baseball but I know it was a big thing here).

Anyways, at work everyone dresses up for halloween even though its an office. A lot did last year so this year I *might* do something but small (everyone was asking what 'll be...I guess I should do something). Maybe buy just the cat ears/bell and make up adn be good to go... ^_^ I'm not going trick or treating so I'm not bothering with too much... But we've got a good amount of candy to give away. heart

PS: Am I spelling halloween wrong b/c my spell checker keeps saying I am. -___-'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:05 am
I dont get to celebrate halloween or rather no one celebrate it crying So no candies or whatsover... Hope to celebrate it someday too!!
And I dont think you spelled it wrongly cause thats how i spell it too biggrin And i supposed Im right biggrin

Fate-J

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:31 pm
You're spelling it right. Your spell check wants you to capitalize the word.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:54 pm
Dornkus
You're spelling it right. Your spell check wants you to capitalize the word.
Oh!! So thats it thanks Dornkus! ^_^
Spell check made me doubt myself. sweatdrop 3nodding  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:58 pm
Fate-J
I dont get to celebrate halloween or rather no one celebrate it crying So no candies or whatsover... Hope to celebrate it someday too!!
And I dont think you spelled it wrongly cause thats how i spell it too biggrin And i supposed Im right biggrin

lol! And you ARE right!
Only now I realized that other country cultures might not have a halloween. ^^
I wonder if its only english speaking (1st language) places that have halloween? How DID halloween come about? o_O???  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:51 pm
I couldn't answer you on how it came about but Halloween is a mostly American holiday as far as I see.

Mexico doesn't celebrate it because they have Dia de los Muertos(Day of the Dead)
And there's an exchange student from the Netherlands in my Anatomy class and this will be his first Halloween since they don't celebrate it in the Netherlands.
And apparently they don't celebrate it in Singapore. I'll have to ask my mom if they celebrate it in the Philippines.

We can just ask DT if they celebrate it in the UK.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:10 pm
Basically, the Gaels believed Halloween was the day that the dead returned to do bad things to the living. They had rituals and wore masks to mimic the dead.

Popes Gregory III and Gregory IV moved "All Saints Day" 9or "All Hallows Day") from May 13 to November 1st. That way, a holy day as after October 31st. This day was called "All Hallows Eve" which eventually became known as "Halloween."

There's a lot more to it; the carving of the Jack-O-Lantern, the candy, etc. I gave you the gist of it, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:14 pm
*absails in*
you rang? ninja mrgreen

-ahem-

yup we ceebrate haloween in britain. ASlways a good excuse for a party, although i think it's bigger in America, especially on trick or treating  

dragontamer363
Crew

kawaiitanpopo

Distinct Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:23 pm
I am too old to trick-or-treat (though I probably could because I look like I am 14). Instead, I am going to give out candy to trick-or-treaters before going to a frat party. I am going to party hard! WOOT!

I am going to kind of dress up. I am going to wear my ORLY hat. It should be pretty freaking amazing! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:43 pm
lately i havent really been excited for halloween
im probably gonna stay at home and pass out candy
but im gonna be in a jabbawockeez mask so it gonna be fun  

shukumei9898

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:45 pm
I asked my mom and they said the celebrate Halloween in the Philippines but it's not nearly as big a deal as it is here.

I suppose it's kind of an "oh hey, it's Halloween" thing rather than here where it's an "OMFG Halloween!!!!!!!!!"

I don't go trick-or-treating anymore, I just sit infront of my house and give out candy. I think that's plenty fun.

I use Halloween as an excuse to visit some of my neighbors though. There's one neighbor I met once and really would like to talk to again since he was cool but I don't know which house he lives in so I'm thinking I'll go down to where he said it is and start knocking on doors so even if I get the wrong house I can just say trick-or-treat rather than be the weird girl knocking on people's doors any other day of the year.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:53 am
Hahah!! Thats really brilliant ZizzyKitty!!  

Fate-J

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:44 am
I bought my sister the Orly hat for her brithdayor last christmas[can't remeber which] and she was going on about making a rabbit costume so she could wear it as part fo teh outft. we both agree it looks more like a bunny than an owl lol  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:33 am
@Dornkus
Wow! o_O!! That's really interetsing thanks for the info Dornkus! So thats how it came about.

@DT
So britian does celebrate it. ^_^ Cool! Do you guys dress up though?
And I agree about the hat looking like bunny ears. It's an owl???! Only now I found this out. XD

@Zizzy
lol! The wierd girl knocking on everyone's door. XD Pure Genius!
Are you phillipines zizzy? Wait...J? Are you phillaphine or singaporian? (From singapore? I cant' spell)....I think I'm confusing everyone's nationality. ^^

@shukumei9898
What's a jabbawockeez mask? ^_^

@kawaiitanpopo
Hope you have fun at your party!! It sounds like fun. ^_^

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:50 am
Moonlight_HuangHou

@Zizzy
lol! The wierd girl knocking on everyone's door. XD Pure Genius!
Are you phillipines zizzy? Wait...J? Are you phillaphine or singaporian? (From singapore? I cant' spell)....I think I'm confusing everyone's nationality. ^^

Well I figure it's a brilliant plan and apparently you guys think so too.

I am born here in America. My mother is from the Philippines though, she's born and raised there then moved here to America where she became a citizen. If you're asking my nationalities I'm Filipino, which includes a lot of other Asian nationalities in it too such as chinese, and I've got some irish from my dad's side.

If you're confused as to where the Philippines and Singapore are they're two different countries. Here is a map.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff