Reply The Official Australian Guild
Australian Report! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Legend_Hannah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:31 pm
G'day, Aussies! I'm live in USA and I'm doing a report about Australia.^_^ Can you Aussies share your knowledge of Australia with me?!

Questions:
What unique foods do you have?
What do Aussies do in their free time?
What are some unique landmarks do you have?
Do you know wher the trees, Kowinka and Talpina, are? (I read a Aussie folktale about that...)

Thank-you for your time and attention! mrgreen

P.S. Your guild leader said I can come to your guild.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:50 pm
Food - Vegemite. And... timtams? We have barbeques a lot I suppose.
Free time - Same as anyone else... play sport (cricket, AFL, netball and swimming are big... soccer is growing, basketball), chat online, listen to music, shopping and movies. Just stuff like that.

Landmarks - Uluru, Great Barrier Reef... do they count? Natural landmarks xp Obviously Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House.

Hope that helps sweatdrop  

shells_of_sand

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:01 am
Food - Yeah vegemite is probably a uniquley Australian condiment, although really our diet is quite varied. Because of our muticultural background, we eat heaps of different things.

Free Time - I guess it really varies from person to person. I mostly like just hanging out with mates and stuff like that. Shopping, internet, video games, music, movies you know, the average stuff. I have horses so I spend a fair amount of my free time looking after them too. Summer is time for swimming. Everyone likes to swim. Where I live we go to the river or the lake, but since most of the population is on the coast there are heaps of people who hang out at the beach.

Land marks - Yeah all those ones Shells said, plus Great Dividing Range, Lake Eyre etc. For man built land marks, we have alot of Big Things... Like say a town is famouse for growing bananas, it'll have the Big Banana... just like a really big model of a banana somewhere. We also have the big Pineapple, Big Ram, Big Bull, Big Shrimp... and that's all I can think of at the moment. There's heaps though.

Oh yeah, and we DO wear shoes and we DON'T all speak like Steve Irwin and it's ILLEGAL to keep a kangaroo as a pet.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:18 am
First note - it is not Illegal to keep a kangaroo as a pet, you just need to have a Very specific permit to do so, and also a fence to keep Aboriginals out, i know this one guy who rescued Joes, he had 5 kangaroos killed just for there tails!!! YUCK!

What unique foods do you have? Kanagroo Tail, Emu, Kangaroo meat, Vegimite, Promite...yeah...thats about it.

What do Aussies do in their free time? Me and my friends like to light Fires, then Urinate on them blaugh , but seriously...normal stuff like you americans.

Oh and i cut down tree's.

What are some unique landmarks do you have? Devils marbels...Before mentioned landmarks...uh..Australia itself.... uhm...Mcdonald Ranges?  

WarriorShadow

Fuzakeru Baka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:09 pm
Poor fire. ;_;  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:31 pm
are lamingtons traditional aussie food??  

Lai Woun
Crew

Fuzakeru Baka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:42 pm
Lai Woun
are lamingtons traditional aussie food??
I think they're English.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:43 pm
anzac biccies...  

Lai Woun
Crew

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:33 am
Ooh Pavlova! That's a uniquely Australian foods. They don't make it anywhere else, even in shops that supposedly sell cakes from around the world, you won't find a pav unless it's in Australia!

Mmmmmmm Pavvvv *drools*  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:17 am
EmWah
Ooh Pavlova! That's a uniquely Australian foods. They don't make it anywhere else, even in shops that supposedly sell cakes from around the world, you won't find a pav unless it's in Australia!

Mmmmmmm Pavvvv *drools*

I'm not possitive, but I think Pavlova is actually New Zealand in origin, though again I'm not sure. Also, I think Lammingtons ARE Australian, in their modern form anyway. Small slices with coconut. 3nodding  

WellzY
Crew

Corbin DeSeer

Greedy Codger

7,925 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:22 am
BUNDY RUM!!

>.>

<.<

..What?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:24 am
Corbin DeSeer
BUNDY RUM!!

>.>

<.<

..What?

Un-Australian behaviour!

*discriminates and locks you up for lengthy, unconstitutional periods.*  

WellzY
Crew

iamNOTanidiot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:05 am
unique food- Kangaroo fillets were invented here, as was crocodile fillets. Any combination of those will do.

Free time- i spend most of my free time in front of a computer or tv screen playing some form of video game. I am a hardcore gamer. sometimes going 12 hours wiht doing much else.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:08 am
Thank-you very much, Aussies! blaugh This really helped! heart  

Legend_Hannah

iamNOTanidiot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:11 am
I forgot one thing

Landmarks- in the sydney region, the only landmarks i can think of are the Sydney Harbour Bridge, The Opera House, Luna Park, The Rocks, Australia Square (which is a circular building), Center Point Tower, The Botanical Gardens and The Three Sisters (a rock formation).  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff