View Results

verds

Profitable Prophet

15,800 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:58 am
Some big line-up announcements this week, like Sydney Festival, Golden Plains, Playground Weekender, Future Music Festival, ATP 2nd Announcement, BDO 2nd Announcement and Soundwave 2nd Announcement

So wondering if anyone is going to any or any gigs for that matter? ANyone looking forward to anything?

I'm doing Sydney BDO next yr, and its my first BDO. Not crazy about line-up, as I only really want to see Arctics, but my cousin worships the Ting Tings (I introduced them to her, so its my fault) and I figured I might as well tag along. I'm waiting for V Fest's line-up before deciding if I'm also doing (or can afford) ATP.

For gigs, I'm seeing Fleet Foxes at Metro. I'm only getting into dubstep but Skream and Benga have a gig at Oxford Arts on Jan 2, so possibly going to that. Waiting for No Age to announce a sideshow also  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:25 pm
I like the BDO, but then again I don't have that much of a choice when it comes to Summer Festivals in Queensland.
I normally only go when there's a decent line-up and that about averages to be every 2 years. I've been in 04', 06', and 08'. Assuming I'm still in Australia I'll probably go to the '10 edition too.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

verds

Profitable Prophet

15,800 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:43 pm
I wasn't crazy about this year's BDO line-up, so didn't go. Only really wanted to see Bjork but she pulled out of the Sydney gig because of her throat or something. I'm kinda regretting purchasing next year's. Like I said, Arctics I want to see, Prodigy seem like they'd be pretty good live and I want to see Lupe live. Black Kids, TVOTR and Hot Chip might be interesting but I'm not doing cartwheels to see them live

BDO announced 2nd line-up: SERJ TANKIAN, BLACK KIDS, HOT CHIP, LUPE FIASCO, DROPKICK MURPHYS, HOLY GHOST!, Z*TRIP, PEE WEE FERRIS, ZANE LOWE, THE MINT CHICKS, P-MONEY, BRAND NEW MATH, CORNERSTONE ROOTS, THE DHDFD’S, ETHICAL, GEORGE & QUEEN, THE HORSEMAN FAMILY, SIDEKICKNICK, SUBTRACT

ATP 2nd: Second Line up announcement! Dead Meadow, The Reels, Psarandonis, Bill Callahan, The Dirty Three, Small Knives, The Holy Sea, Hunter Dienna, Passenger Of s**t.

I'm giving ATP a miss unless there's a massive band in the 3rd announcement. $150 for mostly local acts is pushing it a bit, so might settle for Spiritualized sideshow

Sydney Festival site isn't live yet but most details have been released. Santogold for free on opening night should be brilliant. I'll probably see The Bug, possibly Bon Iver also  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:00 am
I went to Homebake, and it was awesome.
Friends and I also roadtripped it up to Qld for Sunset sounds, which was also pretty good, yay for Franz Ferdinand.  

Areliana

Rainbow Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pieversity 200
Movies, Television & Entertainment

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items