Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
So...sigh...Midnight Sun Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WineChan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:34 am
It's been awhile now since the leak has gone out. I haven't heard anymore news on whether Midnight sun is going to come back or not...I am losing hope on it ever being published anymore now...sigh...

But then if she doesn't, she said that she's gonna work The Host books...and personally, I find the host much better than Twilight. It's much more realistic in real life.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:38 am
I'm still hanging on to hope that she'll publish it. I really think that it was such a great idea because I read Twilight I found myself wondering what Edward heard in his head and what thoughts he had when he made faces or whatever.

I haven't read the Host yet. I'm not much of a sci-fi reader, but I like her writing a lot, so I might try it.

KiwiDragon

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:17 pm
I started reading "The HOST" a few weeks ago. It took my a while to get into it. it's really interesting. A lot more emotional than Twilight.

But back to MS...I actually don't think she's going to talk about it for months. I won't be surprised if she waits until next fall to say something related to it.... in anycase, it'll be published one day.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:26 pm
Ive been trying not to think about it. I still havent even read it. The urge to do so is ridiculous though....  

O r c h i d a c e o u s

WineChan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:04 pm
KiwiDragon
I'm still hanging on to hope that she'll publish it. I really think that it was such a great idea because I read Twilight I found myself wondering what Edward heard in his head and what thoughts he had when he made faces or whatever.

I haven't read the Host yet. I'm not much of a sci-fi reader, but I like her writing a lot, so I might try it.
Oh, trust me. FOr those of you who hate sci-fi, you'll love this book. This has nothing to do with sci-fi the majority of the book. The main character spends her whole time in the wild.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:50 pm
i havent read the Host yet...or the part of Midnight Sun. Steph WILL publish it, on her own time. She needs some time though...it might take forever, but the loyal people will wait for her.  

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Evil_Dark_Kitty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:04 pm
Kittycharm
It's been awhile now since the leak has gone out. I haven't heard anymore news on whether Midnight sun is going to come back or not...I am losing hope on it ever being published anymore now...sigh...

But then if she doesn't, she said that she's gonna work The Host books...and personally, I find the host much better than Twilight. It's much more realistic in real life.

This is what I hate...something new comes out and then its like oh well this is awesome forget the fact that I was obsessed with Twilight.
Just Like Harry Potter. Twilight came and all the HP fans were like forget this I like Twilight now. I'm sorry. Just had to say it. I'm not talking about you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:10 pm
I think it's still a little premature for her.
Of course, she's most likely over the inital shock/betrayal feelings she had before, but I still think it'll be a while before we hear anything. It's only been two months, I think it will be several more before she climbs back onto that horse.

But the Twilight characters are ones that nag you. They'll be the voices in her head keeping her up at night. And I think eventually Edward will get his side of the story.

AND, I read someone in here's post saying that she (the poster) thinks that Stephenie deliberatly only posted up to chapter twelve because the meadow is the best part, and that Stephenie must have had more done because she's been at chapter twelve forever. And the more I thought about that post, the more it made sence. I was reading the Eclipse FAQ a while ago, and keep in mind it was posted shortly after Eclipse came out, and the question asked something about Midnight Sun and Stephenie said "I'm only on chapter twelve" or something along those lines. That was a year and a half ago. You'd think she would have written atl;ast one more chapter or something . . .

So, agree with whoever said that. Stephenie is holding out on us because she knows that one day, it will get published or fully released and she doesn't want to spoil it for us.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Evil_Dark_Kitty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:16 pm
I seriously think that BD was a huge disappointment (even though it had its good parts) and MS would have saved her!
And I think she knows that.
I never thought of that before...thanks .Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:52 pm
Kittycharm
Oh, trust me. FOr those of you who hate sci-fi, you'll love this book. This has nothing to do with sci-fi the majority of the book. The main character spends her whole time in the wild.

Well then I just might have to pick it up. Currently I'm rereading Twilight, which is shocking to me b/c I never reread books. I'll probably finish it again tomorrow, maybe they have the Host at the library...

As for Midnight Sun, I couldn't take it and I gave in and read what she had posted on her website. I really wasn't going to do that, but when I finished Breaking Dawn I was having withdrawals. I would love to know the rest of it since as I read Twilight the first time I kept wondering what was going on his head? What was he hearing or thinking? There were all kinds of references to "inside" stuff that leaves you wondering in Twilight. I would love to see New Moon done the same way, since Edward is gone for a lot of the book.

KiwiDragon

WineChan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:42 am
Evil_Dark_Kitty
Kittycharm

This is what I hate...something new comes out and then its like oh well this is awesome forget the fact that I was obsessed with Twilight.
Just Like Harry Potter. Twilight came and all the HP fans were like forget this I like Twilight now. I'm sorry. Just had to say it. I'm not talking about you.
No offense taken. Well, it's not that it's new that I like it now, I really think it's better than twilight in my opnion. After twilight, I've read many other books too, and didn't like it as much. But the host is really good. Everyone should give it a chance, because like vampires, you'll learn to love aliens as well. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:04 am
Kittycharm
Evil_Dark_Kitty
Kittycharm

No offense taken. Well, it's not that it's new that I like it now, I really think it's better than twilight in my opnion. After twilight, I've read many other books too, and didn't like it as much. But the host is really good. Everyone should give it a chance, because like vampires, you'll learn to love aliens as well. ^^

Yeah I really do wanna read it. (is obsessed with Vampire Academy atm)  

Evil_Dark_Kitty

WineChan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:41 pm
Evil_Dark_Kitty
Kittycharm
Evil_Dark_Kitty
Kittycharm

Yeah I really do wanna read it. (is obsessed with Vampire Academy atm)
OMG!!! I love VA. I'm waiting for the 3rd to come out, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:59 pm
Just gonna ransomly mention that SM has to release MS eventually, she has a contract. So I'm waiting more or less patiently to get her inspiration back and until then there are always other books in the world... which will all be dropped when MS is finally released.
So when it's feeling hopeless, just remember the contract she has  

Kazza Reaper

Ruthless Phantom

xXserenitys-smileXx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:13 pm
Personally I don't think that Steph will mention Midnight Sun until mid year next year.
I guess she'll need a bit more time before she sees a clear resolution.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff