Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)
OiM - How it All Began Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 95 96 97 98 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:41 pm
Intro
Many rumors surround the Penfold estate in 23rd Street in the small town of Corona. From hauntings to murders and everything in between, some have even gone so far as to claim that the house itself is alive, or is some sort of interdimensional doorway. These claims are, of course, ludicrous, but they are not completely unfounded.

For the past few weeks, many people last seen entering the estate have been reported as missing. Very few of those that have gone missing have been discovered leaving the estate. However, all was not well with these people, they had lost their sanity. Some babble complete nonsense and exhibit an assortment of mental disorders. Even fewer of those found have completely lost their minds, becoming extremely violent and sometimes suicidal.

Not everyone who has entered the estate has gone missing, in fact, only a small percentage have actually gone missing, most enter the estate only to leave a short amount of time later, unscathed and having experienced nothing unusual other than a slight uneasy feeling while being within the building.

More recently, someone seems to have moved into the Penfold estate. The estate seems to have been refurbished overnight, a new paintjob, broken windows replaced, and the gardens rejuvenated. Lights have been seen within the manor and people claim that they have witnessed human figures passing by the windows.

Shortly after the estates revitalization, invitations went out to several people, inviting them to come to the Penfold estate, prizes for showing are promised, a party is to be expected, and the time of their lives to be had.

Whether or not these “chosen” people should decide to come is up to them, however, along with the invitation came a small token, a single, silver coin, seemingly ancient. One side of the coin is covered in archaic runes. The other side holds a single image of a Celtic peace knot.

Since receiving this coin, these people have felt compelled by an unknown force to go to the Penfold estate. What well happen within the walls of the estate cannot be foretold…

Some More

This will not just be some haunted mansion RP, it will be much more than that, there will be action and puzzles, among other things and the RP will evolve well beyond Penfold estate with time. The estate is only the beginning. There will be plot and character evolutions, fighting, twists, turns, and much, much more.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:44 pm
Rules:
credit of Joe

- Please, please, please...follow the ToS. This is a Gaian RP, therefore, follow Gaian rules.
- Keep things from getting unsavory, yeah? I like when things are real, little bits of romance, some swearing for flavor. But seriously, if things start to get out of hand, I'm going to have to call a stop to it. So please, don't overdo it.
- Obey the common courtesy of RPing. I don't want to see any godmodding, autohitting/autododging, god mode, any of that garbage, unless I get a PM first giving me both a good reason and some kind of consent or agreement from the other party.
- You get three strikes here. So, doing something I don't like, or something that violates these rules, will get you a warning. I will post the warning in the RP, so that everyone knows what not to do.
- This is a semi- to literate RP. Please, make use of spellcheck and use capitalization and punctuation. This also means that OOC should be in (()) or [[]]. No ** for actions either, please. The RP should be written in 3rd person past tense. (ie: Osiris ran, looking for a door. He found it and went through.)
- Please, hold off on posting at first. After I've read your profile and accepted it, I will send a PM giving you an entry point. This makes it easier on you, me, and all of us, so we don't have people running around randomly.
- Keep in mind: I CONTROL EVERYTHING. While I abhor godmodding and such, if I feel that the story requires it, I will step in and take control of characters to as small an extent as I can manage. Keep that in mind when you join the RP. Also, these rules are subject to change, although I doubt I will need to.
- Please QUOTE the Profile Skeleton below and PM it to me with the subject MADNESS
-"SPARTA" is also acceptable

NEWS!!! ((Check for updates))
* Accepting profiles! Posting will begin shortly.
* RP is OPEN, posting may begin.
* New section, "Locations", has been added.
* "Locations" updated, as well as a new section "Counter" added under the "Status" section.
* "Locations" updated once again.
* New section added.
* Two Sections renamed, Accepted Profiles has been renamed "Guests" and Things You've Met... has been renamed "Residents"
* Updates in progress.
* Major updates on front page.
- "NEW!!!" has been moved to be after "Locations" and "Residents"
- "Residents" and "Locations" updated.
* "Counter" updated.
* Some mistakes in the updates have been fixed.
* Affiliates post jacked from Venom.
* Shepard added to "Residents"
* Counter updated.
* "Snowman" added to Residents.
* Updates & new RPers
* Minor edits made
* For a better idea of the time, date, and weather (both real world and post-fall world(s)), a section for just that has been added. (Stolen from SirBayer)
* Things have been updated. Working on a map for Smith's Compound.
* MAJOR UPDATES TO THE "Counter" SECTION. Reworded, revamped, and more comprehensive.
* Layout revamped
* Brief Summary added for new members at the bottom of the page.
* Status slightly reworked.
* The older members of the Graveyard have been moved to a word document as the character limit was reached...until this moment, I had no idea that there even was a character limit.  

NativeForeigner

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:45 pm
Profile Skeletons:

((I WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING PROFILES FOCUSING ON COMBAT))

Username:
Name:
Age: ((I’ll be really lenient with ages, you may be any age you want so long as you are old enough to function and have motor skills, but not so old as you can’t function properly.))
Personality: ((Be specific, give enough so we can get a clear idea on how your character will act, and please, try to add some flavor.))
Appearance: ((Be very specific, the image I get in my mind should be the same as yours and everyone else who imagines your character))
Bio: ((You don’t need much, just enough to get an idea of their past, what they’ve been through, and why they are the way they are.))
Occupation: ((Be realistic, civilians, cops, military personnel, and any other job someone in a small town would have is fine. But nothing like mercenaries, or “hitman”, or assassin, those are not realistic at all for an everyday town. Any occupation that is unrealistic will not be accepted and you will be asked to change it.))
Skills: ((Again, please be realistic! The supernatural stuff will happen soon enough.))
Other: ((Anything I may have missed or that you want others to know.))
?????: ((N/A…for now))
Inventory: ((List everything he/she has, items, weapons, personal trinkets, everything significant. I will edit this based on the events of the RP and what your character loses or gains. Everyone will always have the Silver Coin in their inventory.)) Silver Coin,
Status: ((This is for me [see “Status”]. If you wish, you may suggest that your character start in a different status rather than “Good”.)) Good
Physical Condition: ((Broken bones, asthma, and such will be listed here. Feel free to list any you want to start the RP with.))
Mental Status: Mentally sound o---------Insane ((This is for me, [see “Mental Condition”]. Feel free to set the “o” to anywhere on the bar [other than “Insane”] if you wish for your character to start out partially insane.))
Mental Condition: ((This is where your newly existing/preexisting mental conditions will be listed. Feel free to list any disorders [if any] that you want your character to begin with.))

((I WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING PROFILES FOCUSING ON COMBAT))  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:47 pm
“Status” is used to keep track of and give a basic idea of your physical (and later mental) health. A simple word describing your condition (“Good”, “Poor”, etc.) in combination with a color code will be used. Conditions such as broken bones will be listed below your status.

Color Codes (More may be added accordingly)
Health:
Blue – Enhanced/stimulated health, peak condition.
Green – Good/normal health, average condition.
Yellow – Okay health/condition.
Orange – Poor health/condition.
Red – Near death.
gray – Unconscious or majorly fatigued.
Uncolored – Dead. (The RP for your character does not end at death, if your character dies, PM me and I’ll explain to you what to do).

Condition:
Dark red – bleeding, counter added.
Dark green – Poisoned, counter added.
Brown – Infection, progressive health regression and/or Mental Condition regression (both depending on the severity of the infection/sickness)
Olive – Infected, counter added, progressive mental deterioration. Intoxicated (Mental Condition will be the same color as well to signify an intoxication.)
Purple – Disease/sickness, counter sometimes added. Possible health and/or mental regression.
Pink – Getting better from a disease, intoxication, poison, or infection. Counter added
Red - On fire or suffering from some corrosive material. Counter added, rapid condition degradation, may spread. Will not fix itself on it's own, must be put out or washed off.
Light blue – Immunized, (Disease immunity will be listed.)
Bright green – Recovering from bleeding, unconsciousness, broken bone, recovering physical health in general. Sleeping. Counter added occasionally.

Counter:

Status (i.e. Bleeding):

When a counter is added, it displays the number of post you have to stop the bleeding or other ailment before you pass out and ultimately die. The counter will look like this, [XX] X being the number of posts you have left. In some cases, each time the counter reaches 0, your status will go down by one level until you ultimately die.

Steve: Okay [09]
Steve after 9 posts: Poor [09]

A counter may be added next to your listed ailment (such as poisoning), this counter tells how many posts before the ailment fixes itself, such as flushing itself from your system. Certain treatments can reduce the counter. If the ailment is completely cured, then both the ailment and the counter are removed.

Steve: Okay [09]
Poison [20]

Steve's condition will worsen in [09] posts and the poison will flush itself out of his system in [20] unless otherwise intervened.

Physical Injury (i.e. Sprains):

If you sustain a physical injury, depending on the injury, two counters will be added next to it. The first counts down the number of posts before the injury moves on to it's next stage of healing (such as being able to move a sprained wrist), this will only be added once the injury has been treated or automatically if the injury doesn't necessarily need treatment. The number will be based off of a number of factors and dice rolls. The number can be reduced or increase based on events.
The second counter displays the number of posts until the injury is fully healed. The number is determined from a number of factors (severity, type of injury, etc.) and multiple dice rolls. Either counter can be reduced or increase based on events.

If the injury has a red counter next to it, the number represents the number of posts before the injury's condition worsens, such as an open wound becoming infected or a broken arm simply becoming worse.
This counter, like the others, can be affected positively or negatively through certain events.

Disease/sickness and Infections:

If you become sickly or diseased, the said sickness or disease will be listed under the status along with a possible counter.

A red counter ([XX]) is the number of posts before a disease or sickness gets worse, a regular counter ([XX]) in the number of posts before you recover, and no counter means that the recovery is indefinite or currently impossible.

Diseases or sickness may be acquired through a number of ways.

Infections occur when a wound is left uncleaned or untreated and the counter counts down to [00] or the wound is exposed to something that would cause immediate or near immediate infection (such as feces).

When a wound is infected, the wound's condition will rapidly deteriorate as well as your physical, and soon enough your mental (due to delirium caused by the infection as it worsens), conditions.

Antibiotics are a good way to heal infections.

Unconsciousness and Death:

When unconscious, unless the unconsciousness is indefinite (in which case there will be no counter), there will be a counter representing the number of posts until the unconscious one is dead (gray condition), or until they wake up (light green condition).
Resuscitation may be attempted.

If someone is on the verge of death (their condition is black), then a counter will be listed next to their status (between [01] and [10]) representing number of posts until certain death.

Resuscitation may be attempted before the counter reaches [00].

Resuscitation:

Resuscitation may be attempted by anybody, however, those trained have a significantly better chance at success. When resuscitation is attempted by a trained person and the one being resuscitated is unconscious, the chance at success will always be 50%. Untrained people only have a 16-17% chance and can actually end up killing the person.

When resuscitation is attempted by a trained person and the one being resuscitated is on the verge of death, if the remaining number on the counter is between [10] and [07], the chance is always 50% (unless certain factors make it otherwise). If the counter is between [06] and [03], the chance is reduced to 33% unless otherwise stated. If the counter is below [03], the chance is reduced to 16-17% (unless otherwise stated) and immediate death is possible.

If an untrained person attempts to resuscitate a person on the verge of death, the chance is always 16-17% no matter how much time is left on the counter and sudden death may occur.
If the untrained person is unsuccessful but they don't kill the man, then the counter is automatically reduced by two.

Resuscitation may be attempted as many times as is possible and the counter can be affected by external (and internal) sources.

Steve: Near Death [10]

Attempted resuscitation by a professional (50%).

Unsuccessful: Steve: Near Death [09]
No repercussions other than a loss of time.

Successful: Steve: Unconscious [03]
Steve is no longer in danger of death and will wake up soon.

Steve: Near Death [08]

Attempted resuscitation by an untrained person (16%)

Unsuccessful: Steve: Near Death [06]
Major loss of time, less chance for a trained person to be successful (due to time loss)

Epic Failure: Steve: Dead
Steve died. Way to go, jackass.

Successful: Steve: Unconscious [03]
Steve is no longer in danger of death and will wake up soon.

How it works:

When you attempt a resuscitation, you will PM me:

50% chance: 3 dice rolls (repeats DO count)
33% chance: 2 dice rolls (repeats DO count)
16% chance (or untrained): 1 dice roll

I will then roll the same number of dice. If there's at least ONE match between my roll(s) and your roll(s), the resuscitation is successful. More matches may mean more benefits.

An Epic Fail occurs when you roll a 1 and I roll a 6 (or vice-versa) on a 16% chance.

Recovering:

If your condition is bright green, or recovering from a physical condition, a counter will be added displaying the number of posts until you fully recover from your current condition (such as going from Okay to Good, recovering from bleeding, or becoming conscious).

If your condition is pink, or recovering from an ailment or disease, a counter will be added displaying the number of posts until the antidote/medicine/immune system kicks in and you fully recover, flush out, etc. the ailment (such as taking medicine for a disease or an antidote for a poison).

These processes can be sped up or slowed down through certain means.

A Note on Recovering From Physical Conditions, Sicknesses/Diseases, and Possibly a Few Other Things:

After the counter reaches [00], whether it was allowed to fix itself or an aid was taken, the ailment, or injury, or cold, or whatever, will be abolished AFTER THE NEXT TIME YOU REST.
So, you will still suffer from the ailment until you have had the chance to get a good rest, but the ailment cannot get any worse, either unless something happened that would make it worse in any case or just cause it again.

Conditions such as "On Fire" are exempt from this rule.

Immunizations:

Rather than the condition itself being colored, when one becomes immunized, whatever they have been immunized against will be listed below their status and colored light blue and a counter will be listed next to it representing the duration of immunization. If for some reason you temporarily become susceptible again (or if tehre are about [10] posts left until the immunity wears off), the disease listed will be uncolored.

Steve: Good
Flu [172]
Poison [58]
Infection [43]

Steve is immune to the flu, poison, and to infection, but for some reason is temporarily susceptible to infection (perhaps super germs are prevalent in the area).

Notes

Immunity counters tend to be very high, sometimes even in the triple digits.

If you're unconscious, the counter will count down when either you or I post, seeing as you won't have much content to actually post.

Occasional status updates may be represented in posts when a change occurs.

Steve: Bleeding  

NativeForeigner

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:48 pm
Mental Condition:
Throughout the RP, many traumatizing events may take place, and this will have a toll on any character’s mental health. As a character’s mental health degrades, they may begin to suffer from a variety of mental disorders such as paranoia or OCD. What, if any, disorder they may develop depends on a combination of your character’s personality, the traumatizing event that would have caused it (i.e., being trapped in a tight space may lead to claustrophobia), and a dice roll.

No disorder is permanent in this RP, you will have chances to recover from a disorder at certain points through the story, whether it be through medication or other means, even time. Whether or not you recover from the disorder depends on chance. The more sound the solution to the disorder, the higher chance of “curing” it. If you want to attempt to recover from a disorder, make a post as usual and then PM me about it, I will ask for a certain amount of numbers from 1-6 (the more I ask for, the better chance of recovery) and I will make a dice roll. If one of the numbers you told me is rolled, the recovery is successful

I may also PM you at certain points throughout the RP asking you for a few numbers between one and six. This means that your character has a chance to naturally recover from a mental condition.
Other than developing mental disorders, your character’s sanity will also take a hit from traumatizing events. The more traumatizing the event, the bigger the hit to your sanity, and the more chance you have to develop a disorder. Your level of sanity and any mental conditions will be kept track of with a ten point system that will look like this:

Mentally sound o---------Insane

Mental Condition: XXXXXX
The placement of the “o” represents your current mental condition, the further to the right it is, the more insane your character is becoming. If it manages to make it all the way to the right, your character has completely lost their mind and you may no longer control him/her.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:49 pm
Guests:
(Accepted Profiles)

Username: NativeForeigner
Name: Ro Hernadez
Personality: Ro is a very carefree fellow and can be very talkative around people he’s comfortable with. When he meets someone new, he’s a little shy, but quickly warms up. He enjoys mind games and is always up for a challenge. Some would describe his personality as “odd” and “sporadic”, and they would be right in doing so.
Ro doesn’t often stick to one subject when speaking, but jumps from topic to topic and interlacing the conversations together and making connections. Ro can be, at times, sarcastic, but always means well. He is interested in the greater good and is willing to make sacrifices if it means helping others
Appearance: He is tall, about 6’ 2” and has a slim build, weighing only about 159 lbs. His skin is a medium tan, about that of a Spaniard’s skin. He has short (almost buzz), brown, spiky hair with red highlights. His eyes are a deep green. He has a small assortment of scars, mostly on his hands, knuckles, and feet, accumulated from his martial arts training. He wears a size 14 shoe and some people call him more leg than torso, though the ratio is actually only slightly more torso than leg.
He is currently wearing blue jeans, a red t-shirt with a chest pocket, and a leather jacket with many pockets. A silver cross with red jewels within rests around his neck.
Bio: Ro was born in the small city of Corona and led a fairly normal life, never thinking much of the Penfold estate and all of the rumors surrounding it. As he grew, he always seemed carefree and laid-back, only taking things seriously when it mattered. He usually kept himself busy with small things like card or coin tricks to keep his mind off other things. He compulsively washes his hands and avoids crowds, but he does well both in school and in his Martial Arts classes, which he both teaches and has been taking since the age of seven. He has recently earned his third degree black belt and is quite proud of his achievement. Soon after, he got an invitation in the mail along with a silver coin. Ever since, he has felt his fascination with the Penfold estate mysteriously grow, along with the urge to accept the invite and head on over, something he has decided to do this very day.
Occupation: Martial Artist, high school student, teaching martial art classes.
Skills: Extensive Martial Arts training (in a variety of techniques ranging from judo to Taekwondo. Extensive training with Martial Art weaponry (swords, knives, Jō, tonfa, bo staff, kamas, etc.). Ro has a knack for finding things. Ro has limited capabilities with guns (he can aim and shoot). Sleight of hand (limited to playing cards and coins).
Other: Ro is half Hispanic, a quarter Native American, and a quarter Irish.
?????: Ro's ocular organs have begun to tingle. He's beginning to notice a faint outline of objects that are difficult to spot.
Inventory: Silver Coin X2, invitation, butterfly knife, wallet+ID, $100.75, cell phone, playing cards. Wintergreen Altoids. Halberd. Small flashlight.
Common cold. [05]
Physical Condition: Right shin has a shallow cut. [03]
Mental Status: Mentally sound -O-------- Insane
Mental Condition: OCD in the form of the necessity to keep his hands clean, Enochlophobia (fear of crowds.)

Name: Gregory Mantle
Personality: Gregory is constantly on edge, even with his pills, he has issues. He’s jittery, he stutters when he speaks and he avoids most people, thinking that they’ll just stab him in the back in the end. He is very mistrusting and speaks to himself. He is, in every sense of the word, socially awkward.
Appearance: He is a tall, lanky man, there seems to be nothing to him. He is unshaven, has raggedy hair that is already graying, and his back has a bad hunch to it. His eyes are a dead gray and he wears thick-rimmed glasses. His nose is rather large for his face and he has a slight overbite. He features quite a bit of body hair and has an unbathed looked about him.
Upon arriving at the Penfold estate, he was wearing a pair of tattered blue jeans with holes in the knees, a dirty, white shirt, an old, brown overcoat, and brown, scuffed loafers.
Bio: Gregory’s mother was not a good one, she consumed alcohol, did drugs, and everything in between when pregnant with him. It’s a miracle he didn’t turn out any worse. He was, however, born with a variety of mental disorders, such as anxiety and paranoia, which he is prescribed pills to help with. The pills don’t do much; they may put off the symptoms for thirty minutes tops.
The only other thing that could ever get Gregory’s mind off of his problems was a good puzzle. As such, he became very skill at puzzles and not much more. He’s recently gotten an invitation to the Penfold estate and his planning on going there this morning, despite his gut-feeling against going.
Skills: Complaining, puzzle solving, gut-feelling.
Inventory: Invitation, pen, wallet (no money).
Physical Condition: Frail frame.
Mental Status: Mentally sound -----O---- Insane
Mental Condition: Paranoia, anxiety, hemophobia (fear of blood).

Username: tic_tac_joe
Name: Henry Zidane (Pronounced On-ray Zee-dawn)
Personality: Henry is a very aloof kind of guy. His sense of humor is subtle and cool, not quite insulting inless you're smart enough to understand it. He speaks little, but when he does its usually something that you'll want to hear.
He has very little interest in other people. He regards his physical attractiveness as a curse, because it continually draws people to him. He believes in nothing and commits to nothing. Henry has little human contact, and as such can be slightly awkward at times.
Appearance: Handsome. Henry has dark tan skin, brown hair that is cut short, and deep brown eyes. He had been told his eyes are his best feature. He stands at about 5'10", and is very well-muscled. He generally wears tight-fitting clothes. There are several scars on his body, although they are hard to see. The four suits of cards are tattooed on the inside knuckles of his right hand.
Bio: Henry grew up with his single mom, never having known his father, who died just after his birth. Always having to support her, Henry grew adept at putting his own needs behind hers. He went to a regular school and did very well, seeing as he had a deep natural intellect. He is a high school graduate with several college degrees.
Skills: Wicked skills on the bass guitar, high level of intellect and eloquence, very convincing when he has to be. Also good at certain survival skills, ie getting food, making fires, etc. This is based on his short stint as a Boy Scout.
????: Henry's neck has begun to tingle, he's beginning to notice certain things before they happen and seems to know the way to go.
Inventory: Silver Coin, Lucky Charm (a small ivory necklace), leather wristband, wallet containing $243 and an ID, small Zippo lighter, spare flint for said lighter, tiny refill bottle of fuel. Pocket knife and a pack of cigarettes. SAMMICH! Whistle
Physical Condition:
Mental Status: Mentally sound -O-------- Insane
Mental Condition: Extreme claustrophobia.

Username: SirBayer
Name: Dr. Arthur T. Dramsten
Personality: Dr. Dramsten is a very competent man for a specific reason beyond natural intelligence: he thinks about everything in a decidedly logical manner. Everything is another puzzle or game to him, and even the worst situations are but a challenge. This, of course, has its limits, as he’s human, but he always berates himself for losing control at any point, and demands no less than perfection on that ground. When he’s not thinking out a problem, he’s a generally friendly man, and just the sort of man you’d love to have for your doctor – kind, caring, and willing to actually explain what he knows. His other thing is he’s extremely slightly paranoid – not so much that he imagines threats, but enough that he always goes prepared for random, stupid things that he doesn’t anticipate happening.
Appearance: Dr. Dramsten is a short man, perhaps 5’ 7”. He’s light, too; maybe 130, 140 pounds. His hair is already gray (though it was once black), and he keeps it clipped fairly short, maybe an inch in length. Dr. Dramsten must wear corrective lenses, albeit not very thick ones; his eyes are a very dark blue. His manner of dress is generally high-class – a button-up shirt and slacks, both black. Almost always a tie will go with this, and occasionally a suit-coat. His shoes are quite the opposite end of the spectrum; he generally wears combat boots everywhere, because he says they’re “comfortable” which is largely a lie.
Bio: Dr. Dramsten spent his younger years studying anatomy, to the point where he can name any part of the human body, major or minor, in a heartbeat. He went to medical college, and passed with flying colors. While in college, he did some mountain climbing and other such adventuresome stuff. After a few minor accidents, he determined that he would never, ever go anywhere unprepared for anything, and has followed through with that consideration ever since.
Skills: Healing injuries, obviously; he knows enough about psychology to judge a sane person from an insane one. He’s light on his feet and a quick runner; he stays in shape. He has a knack for swimming, incongruously. Mentally acute. Knowledge of the weak points on human bodies.
Other: Carries a backpack with him most places.
?????: Arthur's hands are a-tinglin'! He has found that in certain cases when he touches someone he can mend small wounds at the cost of his own energy.
Inventory: In pockets: A few pens, his wallet (contains money, credit cards, driver’s license, business cards, etc.), car keys, glasses case (glasses on face), a sturdy five-inch blade pocketknife, cell phone, a few paperclips.
In backpack: A pair of 2-liter water bottles, 10 energy bars, three removable climbing hooks, a change of clothing (shorts and t-shirt), a light jacket, some colored thread, a total of about a foot of insulated wiring, spare batteries, a Maglight (one of the big ones), spare batteries, a very tightly packed blanket. Four knives, five forks, and a spoon. Steak knife.
Physical Condition: Left calf shallow cut [06]
EXHAUSTED
Mental Status: Mentally sound ---O------Insane
Mental Condition: Extremely minor paranoia – even natural, perhaps.

Username: Venom3001
Name: Andreas Heinrich
Personality: Andreas is usually laid-back, fairly relaxed. He's always cautious about getting too excited because of his first major manic episode. He has a short attention span, but not ADD. He often will begin drawing his surroundings when he's bored.
Appearance: Wild long brown hair, generally kept in a ponytail. 5'9, 155 lbs. Not especially fat, thin, or muscular. He wears a black jacket with a plain white tee and gray cargo pants, typically. He has, between the jacket and the pants, around 10 pockets at any given time.
Bio: Andreas is a son of German immigrants who pressured him to do well in school. For all their academic pressure, he ended up disappointing them by favoring the arts instead of the sciences and has been accepted to an art college despite a bipolar breakdown he experienced in his junior year. With his medication, he became stable again.
Skills: Speaks English very well, French competently, and Vietnamese semi-competently. He's a very good artist and a fairly good writer.
?????: Andreas has begun to notice a slight tingle in his tum-tum. Small objects he focuses on seem to move when he's around, medium objects slide.
Inventory: Lithium-based Bipolar-Disorder-Treating-Medicine, Silver Coin X2, Glasses and Clothing, Cell Phone, Butterfly Ring on a Chain around his neck, wallet with Health Insurance Card, fifty dollars and seventy-eight cents, a piece of paper with names and numbers of people he met in therapy (also stored in his cell phone), paper clips, a mechanical pencil and graphite, an eraser, and a notebook/sketchbook.
A nutcracker's halberd.
Physical Condition:
b]Mental Status: Mentally sound --O-------Insane
Mental Condition: Like the other invitees, Andreas has a mental condition; his is Bipolar Disorder

Username: Dark Angel of Sol
Name: Orion Gladius
Personality: Orion is a quiet man who can listen to most things. There are few things that can set him off and doing so would put you on his “bad side” for lack of a better term. He is slow to judge and will give the shirt off his back to someone who needs it. He is slightly shy around women and normally doesn't show it.
Appearance: Orion is 6' 0” and 206 lb. with a medium build and light tan skin. His hair is light brown, medium in length, and has a small clockwise curve from the center. He has no facial hair and multi-color eyes: one Dark Blue and one Blood Red. Orion wears a special contact to keep both his eyes dark blue. He is wearing a dark blue t-shirt, blue jeans, black undershirt, gray boxers, white socks and black tennis shoes.
Bio: Orion lived a normal life like most. It wasn't until high school did he realized he was different. Classes that others would have a hard time in, he would get by without a problem. He ask his parents and they showed him his IQ score of 150. From then, the classes didn't matter and all Orion wanted to do is find a challenge. In his Junior year he took an AP computer science class. During the class he met a novice hacker. He learned the basics and by the end of the school year he surpassed most others. A few years latter Orion would be caught in a hacker trap where he would get a job from a private security company. After three years he would go on to be a freelance hacker being hired to break into websites so companies can improve them. He is well paid but he live humble in his hometown of Corona as a computer teacher at the local high school he attened.
Skills: Super Genus, Pro Hacker, Could build and fix any computer, Very good at video games.
Other:
?????: Orion's forehead has begun to tingle and his laptop seems to vibrate mildly whenever he touches it.
Inventory: Silver Coin, Wallet with 50 bucks, a drivers license, Visa, and several receipts, a cell phone, a flash drive, laptop bag with Laptop, mouse, AC charge, 2 9-volt batteries, and laptop cleaning it, and a pocket knife. Gas Mask, handgun, two clips of 12. Two grenades, semi-automatic rifle (Unknown model) & 2 clips of ammunition at 12 rounds each.

Physical Condition:
Mental Condition: None (at the moment)

Username: xX-Shikyo-Xx
Name: goes by the name Shikyo[Japanese for death]
Personality: Always has that chilly gleam in his eye, a disturbing mix of morbid disregard for human life and humor. Believes in the need for death because humans are slowly choking nature. His usuall innocently blank looks belie his unstable and wrathful attitude, If angered he'll think not twice about giving even an ally a harmless whack or nick to remind them where their tongue belongs.
Appearance: His natural hair color is a dark, hayish blond that waves across his scalp and curls on end. A pair of piercing eyes which seems to often change from green to blue and vice versa. Wears an assortment of gothic like jewelry[spiked bracelets adn necklaces, crosses, chains, and other pendants and trinkets] along with a usual outfit consisting of a black undone skaters button up shirt(skulls on the side near its hem) over a white and red tee-shirt always of some anti-conformist imagery whether an image of winged skulls or nuclear bombs and a depiction of the Freedom of speech speared up with a knife. (A shirt I actually have, by Shady Ltd)
Bio: Doesn't bring up the past much or even the present, often quiet when he's not rambling exitedly seeking attention for the obviously offensive things that spill from his mouth.
Thought to have run away from his home in a far off place no one quite knows for sure with some claiming it to be the next town over or across the world. Somtimes briefly mentions the extreme expecations that he had to keep up with back where ever he's from and can vary from despising to utterly praising his former parents.
A strong fighter who tackles and lunges using any means possible mimicing that of a mad man, a beast or assassin, or a mix of it all which makes it not so surprising that he also often bears jewels of wisdom and knowledge, finding deep meaning and purpose among words and literature despite a lack of finding a purpose for himself.
Occupation: Gets money by helping with odd-jobs in the nearby towns and sometimes resorting to thievery or mugging if he finds the cause just or desperate enough.
Skills: Can be stealthy, limited but savage fighting capabilities (untrained), and also an impressive intellectual.
Other: Carries a razor survival knife and makes his way in large part hunting in the woods or foraging, doesn't believe in wasting a kill, what he doesn't take from a corpse he takes care to give back to the wild and feels welcome among wild animals. Despises alchohol, drugs, and dislikes the taste of medicine.
?????: Shikyo's sinuses are tingling. Whenever he enters a dark area or is emerged in shadows, he experiences a slight heightening of the senses
Inventory: Silver Coin, survival knife, spark stick(scratch it with knife to make sparks and start fire), throwing knives[5], wallet[121$], Watch, and a pewter claymore pendent he always keeps a hold of across his neck. Flash powder (6 grams). Copper coin, leather wallet. Gas mask, handgun, four extra clips (12 bullets each). 1 Grenade.
Physical Condition: Physically fit
Mental Condition:

Username: Izamara
Name: Tannor Giles
Personality: Careful, but practical, Tannor will try to do things as safely as possible. this behavior is a by-product of his training, as well as knowing where his physical limits lie. He isn't very protective of others, but tends to favor women, because he sees them as delicate, and respects them a great deal.
Appearance: Standing at 5'7", with green eyes and high cheekbones, Tannor is a small, with a feminine appearance. His size is not an indicator of his physical ability, however, and beneath his purple tracksuit, lean muscles define his body. His head is bald, and he wears a yellow beanie to keep out the cold.
Bio: Tannor grew up watching sports on the T.V.at his family home in northern West Virginia. He liked them all: Football, basketball, hockey. He liked sports, but he LOVED running. In high school, he was a first-string member of the track team, and he went to **** University on a sports scholarship. His father was proud of his boy, in whom he had instilled such gentlemanly (if dated) values, such as respect for women, and high regards for all things "manly". However, on the way back from helping Tannor move into his dorm, his father was hit by a drunk. Tannor was crushed, and turned to running as an outlet. He swore that he would be the best, and that he would never let his father down.
Skills: Tannor is a professional level sprinter. However, running is uncomfortable for him currently, because of a broken leg that healed well, but still bothers him.
Other:
?????: Tannor has been feeling a tingling sensation on the soles of his feet that intensifies when he runs.
Inventory: Silver Coin, Purple Tracksuit, Yellow beanie, switchblade knife, Fanny pack (contains-$3.25, traveler's sewing repair kit, whistle. Gas mask and three filters. Handgun, two clips of 12.
Physical Condition: Other than the pain that his leg sometimes feels after running, Tannor has no debilitating conditions
Mental Status: Mentally sound -o--------Insane
Mental Condition: ADHD, Arachnophobia

Username: o-Angilis-o
Name: Elian Joss
Personality: Elian is kind to a fault, giving her heart to her friends and sometimes complete strangers. She's incredibly trusting, which can leave her slightly gullable. However, she's intelligent in her work, and is passionate about helping others. A quirk however, is her tendency to be overly serious when it comes to her profession, a second personality emerging when the situation calls for a serious solution.
Appearance: Elian has long, flowing brunette locks that lightly curl, if they're not tied into a neat ponytail. She has a fair complexion, and is usually quite clean and maintained. Elian is well postured, her expression usually plastered with a smile. She is average height, with a light physical frame.
Bio: Elian found her passion through medicine, having just graduated medical school at near the top of her class, she finds herself traveling and searching for work. With a spirit for adventure and an outgoing personality, she decided to take a small break from her travels as of late in order to visit landmarks and wonders around the world. However, she couldn't be more excited to start her career. During her travels, she would consistently receive letters to visit a murderous mansion. As fun as the trip sounded, she couldn't believe that the same letter continued to find her trip after trip. Finally, taking the letter, she read the invitation and decided to make the location her last stop. After her visit to the fabled mansion, she plans to immediately start her work, hopefully in one of her favorite spots on the globe, Europe.
Skills: Advanced medical training regarding physical injuries (cuts, gashes, flesh wounds). She is also physically fit, and has had a small amount of training in kick boxing as a side hobby. She also enjoys writing, and would have chosen a career as a journalist if medicine had fallen through.
Other: She is still freshly exposed to any true accidents, and has not worked long on the field. Although she is fine with the sight of blood, she could become nervous depending on the type of injury she treats. However, when she is calmed and reasoned with, her professional mind wins over her queasiness.
?????: N/A
Inventory: Silver Coin, standard medical kit, extra medical supplies, clothes, toiletries, her journal, cell phone, medical books.
Physical Condition: She's quite physically fit. After eight years of medical school, she's learned how to take care of herself.
Mental Status: Mentally sound O-O-------Insane
Mental Condition:

Username: _Darkened_Sword_
Name: Lyon Ezekel
Personality: Lyon's a pretty cool headed person. He's not one to say much, instead he likes to express more things through actions. He's really a sweet person but doesn't really express it. He is not one to speak up much, but he does like the company of other people. The more the merrier, after all, he is an entertainer. He's a sophisticated man, he's gotten through school and knows his stuff, but knowledge isn't his power. Instead his passion is in music and when music is involved he likes bring in his input. Even though he may not come off as a very nice person, that's only because he has to warn up to you first.
Appearance: The boy is slightly skinny, but still has some muscle on him mainly due to all the traveling that he does. His hair comes down to mid neck in the back, but shortens up with all the layers. It's can even sometimes be seen in a small ponytail in the back of his head. But usually his dark brown hair is seen in it's messy form. The clothing that he wears are just simple traveling clothing with a cloak and bag to keep himself warm and hold the things he needs. And of course, on his back there always seems to be a violin case strapped there. The only time that it's not is when he's playing it.
Bio: He just grew up the same way that most little boys did. Listening to his parents, doing the dishes and of course going through school. That was his main goal in life at the time. Just get through school just get through school. Though his passion was the violin that he had. The first time he picked up a violin was when he was four. It was just something that he happened to find stored away. Of course it was way too large for him at the time, but he had taken an interest in it. His parents saw this and thus rented him a smaller violin where everything seemed to have started.
Of course as he grew the instrument would change, but his passion stayed the same. He wanted to get through with school all the same, and learn how to be the best player that he could. And that's just what he did. As soon as he finished college he decided that he wanted to be a traveling musician where he was able to explore the world and show off his talents as well. It was the perfect idea.
And when he was on the road he managed to get a letter that perked his interest...
Occupation: He's a traveling musician but sometimes that doesn't get enough money so he'll also be found playing at special occasions as well.
Skills: He's an extraordinary violinist seeing how he's played for twenty five years with barely a day when he didn't practice. He also can run faster than the common person seeing how he travels by food and was able to build up muscles in his legs.
Other: He's not very fond of vocalists. With the music that is played now-a-days he does not believe that they really understand what music is. And thus if someone claims themselves as a singer he will go out of his way to try and avoid them, where as other people he just avoids them because he doesn't really know them. Other then that he's pretty indifferent as to who he is around.
?????: N/A
Inventory: Silver Coin, His Violin*, Extra strings*, his bow*, extra bow*, rosin*, a cloth*, (* all in the violin case), some food, water, wallet, extra clothes, and soap! (He's usually on the move so he needs to bring the necessities)
Good
Physical Condition: He's always getting exercise in and enjoys the taste of fruit so he's in pretty good shape.
Mental Status: Mentally sound
o-O-------Insane
Mental Condition: Stable

Uninvited Guests:
((Characters that didn't receive an invitation and are involved for a different reason discussed and approved by me.))

Username: SirBayer
Name: Juliet Dramsten
Personality: Juliet is, for lack of a better word, chipper. She’s extraordinarily positive, very friendly, and generally classically female and off-the-wall. This is, of course, only at suitable times. She was raised by Arthur; she has a serious vein of… well, seriousness, and she knows how to use it. Even so, she tends to find the silver lining, even where it doesn’t technically exist.
Appearance: Juliet is about 5’ 5”, slim, but powerfully built. Thanks to an active lifestyle, there’s quite a bit of muscle on her bones, and she prides herself somewhat on her general physical appearance (there’s good reason for this, too; far, far better than she gives herself credit for.) Her features are smooth and rounded, almost childlike; her hair, clipped at shoulder-blade length, is a very similar black to her father’s and is generally let loose. Her eyes are green as well, inquisitive, and seem to have a laugh in them at all times. Dress-wise, she takes the time and effort to dress attractively, albeit modestly (blame her parents), and all of that. She has a locket that she keeps tucked beneath her shirt at all times for no apparent reason.
Bio: Juliet really honestly had no special events throughout her young life, besides a particular few incongruous tomboyish habits. From the age of nine or ten she had already decided to learn martial arts and the like, and when she was twelve she became very interested in military tactics and weapons. She spent a lot of time practicing shooting, and as soon as she could she started looking into police and FBI. Unable to secure a job working as an agent, she instead spent a year or two as a “criminal,” helping train other agents. In the end, she essentially got the same training. Afterwards, she moved home due to lack of bill-paying or spouse, and has since joined the police.
Skills: Shooting, especially handguns but also quite proficient with rifles, hand-to-hand and CQB, knitting, singing.
Other: Perhaps the first to enter the house who is completely and totally sane.
?????: Juliet's fingertips have started to tingle.
Inventory: Locket, purse (contains: wallet, contains: (driver’s license, credit cards, $25.50 in cash), calendar with pencil, lipstick, gloves, small flashlight, switchblade, Glock 26, three spare magazines), police belt (contains: Five-seveN, four extra magazines, can of mace, handcuffs, Maglight, radio.), sunglasses, hairband, police uniform. SMG with two extra magazines (24 rounds each)
Physical Condition: In shape. Injured shoulder [00]
Mental Status: Mentally sound --O-------Insane
Mental Condition: Mild fear of plush, decorative carpets. Mild immunity to any fear of heights.

Name: Alastair MacMillan
Personality: Alastair is a very…upbeat and open person, sparking conversation with anybody he can and knowing just what to say to get his way and just what to say to either hurt someone or just the opposite. He is very kind and generous to those he thinks deserves it and pushes them to do their best, but sometimes he pushes just a little too hard or takes a joke a little too far unintentionally.
He is very insightful at times and very empathetic of other people, though he never lets it show unless provoked. He can generally hold his temper, but certain things will set him off almost instantly. When angered or annoyed, he will usually utter a few curt and hurtful words. He knows just where to poke a sharp stick if he knows the person.
He never physically lashes out unless in defense of himself or someone else, even then, he subdues the opponent in the least painful way possible.
Appearance: MacMillan is of average height, maybe a little shorter than the average man, somewhere between 5’ 7” and 5’ 8”. He has a thick build but is not fat, just muscular and big-boned. He is fair-skinned and his wavy hair, dirty blonde mixed with natural red, rests just over the tops of his ears and is left to hang loose. His eyes are a captivating, icy blue.
He has some stubble on his cheeks and chin and he has rough hands, but is generally unscarred.
Bio: MacMillan lived in Scotland for a good portion of his life before moving to Corona at the age of eleven. He made his decisions to become a cop before he had even left Scotland and began training as soon as he could, visiting the shooting range when he could and sparring with friends. He joined the Corona Police Department as soon as he could. He was accepted eagerly.
About a year into his service, when he was twenty-two, he lost his partner during a drug bust shootout. He went without a partner for a year and was assigned Juliet Dramsten as his new partner, a “rookie” at the time. Not too excited about having another partner, at least so soon, he grudgingly accepted her and has yet to regret the decision.
Skills: Gunmanship (shooting & aiming [especially with handguns]), CQC, tonfa combat (baton), football, persuasion (he has a way with words), taking lead, arm wrestling, staring contests, word games.
Other: He keeps most of his items in his police belt.
Alastair is 100% Scottish and has a thick accent.
He prefers to be call “MacMillan” by most and only allows certain people to call him by his first name.
Because he has lost his partner before, he is especially protective of Juliet.
Inventory: Silver Coin, wallet with ID, credit cards, and $55.87, badge, custom .357 SIG with 4 magazines, 12 rounds each, pen, paper, pad of tickets (100 sheets), walkie-talkie (fully charged), baton, pepper spray (100% full), 2 pairs of handcuffs and keys, Maglight (full battery), miniature flashlight (gun-attachment, charged by shaking), laser-sight.
Planner, pocket watch, gloves. Police uniform. Gas Mask. Assault rifle and 2 extra magazines (36 rounds each)
Physical Condition: Great
Mental Status: Mentally sound -O--------Insane
Mental Condition:

Username:Elesariin
Name:Gwendolyn (Gwen) Mantle
Personality: Gwen has, by necessity, become an extremely competent, hard-working adult in a child's body. The more stressful a situation is, the more calm and pragmatic she tends to become. Despite being naturally shy and retiring, she is well practiced in putting on a charismatic mask to secure whatever she or her family requires. She is remarkably selfless; everyone else's needs are more important than her own. Even caring for complete strangers tops taking care of herself.
Appearance: She's tall for a girl, just a little under 5"9, and very thin, almost malnourished-looking. Her curves can, at best, be called modest. Her straight, light brown hair falls to just below her shoulder blades, with bangs that have been bluntly cut to stop just above her eyebrows, but the whole thing has the distinct, unpolished look of a home-done job. Big, softly grey eyes are framed by enormous, wire-rimmed glasses and usually underscored by dark shadows of exhaustion; they are her most noticeable feature. The rest of her face is lovely but colorless: pale skin with a light sprinkling of freckles across the delicate, slightly crooked nose, a pointed chin, and a tiny mouth that looks as though it would be best suited for small, shy smiles.

Currently, she is wearing an old, faded pair of blue jeans that have been patched neatly at both knees, a green t-shirt under a large, ugly, grey-green sweater that has been darned in many places, and a pair of much abused tennis shoes that were once white, but are now much closer to grey. Her hair has been pulled back with a plain black headband.

Bio: Gwen has spent most of her life taking care of and cleaning up after the members of her severely screwed up family. She had no time to be a little girl, because she had to hide her mother's vodka bottle, stop her sister from overdosing on pills, and make sure that her messed-up older brother got said pills on time.
Skills: Because of her family member's almost suicidal habits, Gwen knows about as much about basic medical treatment as the average firefighter. More importantly, she is extremely skilled at connecting with mentally unsound people and talking them into a more stable state of mind. She also has a less fanatical version of her brothers fondness for puzzles.
Other: She can see okay without her glasses; like, she can't drive, but she can function.
?????: Gwen has started to feel a tingle in the base of her skull.
Inventory: Wallet (containing driver's license, an un-cashed paycheck, and five bucks), pen, extra bottles of all of Gregory's meds, and a big, clunky Nokia cell phone that is at least three years old. Gas mask, handgun, 24 extra bullets (2 clips). Binoculars.
Physical Condition: Frail frame
Mental Status: Mentally sound o---------Insane
Mental Condition: Mildly OCD, i.e. Going back to check the lock on the front door a third time before leaving.

The Graveyard:
(Cleaned out when necessary)

Username: Anchou
Name: Jordan Varz
Personality: He is quiet, his thoughts collected. When he's mad enough he'll go into a frenzy, swinging, and flinging anything around him.
Appearance: He is a slim, 5'10 Caucasian with brown hair. His eyes have a small, light blue ring hugging the pupil. Around that is a jagged line of sickly yellow. The rest of his iris is grey blue. There are dark rings underneath his eyes even though he gets plenty of sleep.

He is wearing all black, including a black balaclava. He's wearing black face paint all over his face. He is wearing a heavy duty backpack with a water pack inside it. The drinking end from his water pouch is hidden underneath his bullet proof vest. His 8 inch switch blade knife, nightstick, and flashlight are strapped to his pants.

His two pistols are holstered over his hips. He is wearing a special belt over his regular belt. The belt is holding 8 pistol clips.

He is wearing black gloves.
Bio: He was born and raised in Ogden, Utah. He got a Master's degree in creative writing, but his books never got published. He moved to this small town to get away from it all. He found out that he didn't need to get a college degree to be a police officer. He decided it'd be the best thing for him, so he became one of the few police officers in the small town.

He's packed up for an undercover mission that no one else knows about. He's packed water and energy bars for the simple fact that most of the people who went in there have dissappeared. He has no idea what he's really walking into. Perhaps this place will give him the much needed inspiration for writing a book that actually get's published.
Occupation: A rookie (only by rank) police officer at the police department in town.
Skills: Creative writing, small arms expertise, shotgun expertise, he knows Spanish, he has all the standard skills you learn in police academy, he's good at video games, he knows how to light a fire with flint metal and tinder, he has good coordination, he can play the flute well, he has all the standard skills that come with education, he can calculate situations better than most.
Other:
?????: Jordan's chest has started to tingle. He appears to fade away from sight, becoming translucent.
Inventory:
On his person:A standard issue fully loaded police pistol, Impériale: highly polished and blued “Class A” “Scroll” pattern hand chiseled and inlaid 24 karat gold Frame and Slide executed by Master Engraver Angelo Bee (formerly of Fabrique Nationale of Herstal, Belgium). Sequentially numbered units with certification. 24 karat gold plated metal Trigger, Grip Screw & Bezel. Metal Magazine Catch. Polished Project 70 stainless steel Barrel. Hand scrimshaw authentic legal ivory Grips. Basically a fully loaded pistol worth 4 grand. http://www.precisionsmallarms.com/imperiale.htm ,silver coin, 8 extra clips, an 8 inch switchblade, a nightstick, a belt that holds 8 pistol clips, a police grade heavy duty flashlight, a thick black fleece hoodie, heavy duty black boots, black police grade pants with slots for his flashlight, his nightstick, and his 8 inch switchblade., a black t-shirt, a bulletproof vest, his badge hidden in a pocket on the inside of his shirt, two pistol holsters, a black balaclava, black gloves.
Picture of a man's (James Patrick) family and ID.
In his back pack:A large notebook, 5 mechanical pencils, 10 containers of extra lead, the book he's currently reading, 15 energy bars, a set of walkie talkies, 4 extra batteries for the walkie talkies and 6 extra batteries for his flashlight, a water holding backpack full of water, a few big erasers, a large roll of ducktape, a toothbrush, a medical kit including gauz and disinfecting spray. Gas mask.
Physical Condition:
Mental Status: Mentally sound -O--------Insane
Mental Condition:  

NativeForeigner

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:51 pm
Residents:

There are many Residents of the thought-to-be abandoned Penfold Estate, as the Guests are discovering. The majority of which seem to be insane or hostile in some way or another.
These are just a few of the Residents encountered so far:

The Bad:

These Residents are hostile in varying degrees and are, essentially, bad. These are the Residents you should try to avoid, though it seems almost impossible to do so, they're pretty much wherever you go.
Here are a few of the "bad" Residents encountered thus far:

The Crazies:

Not in any way a technical term, "The Crazies" are the various people found throughout the Penfold estate. They come in all shape and sizes and are all human, they're just not sane anymore.

Most of The Crazies are violent to anyone, sometimes even to each other, but not all of them are this way. Some suffer from dementia in a variety of ways, ranging from crying, just wanting to be left alone, or even an almost dog-like admiration for people.

Most Crazies, when dispatched, will have a small variety of items and, in most cases, a silver coin.

All of the violent Crazies seem to not feel pain or just ignore it. Either way, they're not easy to put down. Some of the more vicious Crazies can push their bodies to the very limit.

The Infected (Stage 1):

The Infected, like the Crazies, are completely insane. The biggest difference between the two is The Infected are, well, infected with some sort of currently unknown disease.

Other noticeable differences include a slight change in appearance in the eyes. An Infected's eyes are black, cold, and glazed over. The veins and skin around their eyes are brown and cracked. Drool commonly runs down their mouths.

The less obvious differences that can only be seen if you get hit by one is the immense amount of strength that an Infected holds. They are much stronger, faster, more agile, and more resistant to pain than the average Crazy, though their intelligence and sanity appears to have degraded to an even lower state.

It is currently unknown as to how the disease is transferred, however, it's obvious that Infected are more of a threat than Crazies and should be avoided if possible.

Oh, and don't let them bite you or anything, even though the cause or transference of the disease is unknown, or even if it's contagious, it's better to be safe than sorry...

They don't seem to like direct light.

Beetles (Bright-Orange):

These beetles appear to be like any other beetle except they're large, about the size of a tennis ball and they're bright-orange with long, black antennae and short black legs. They're small heads are black as well and their shells are outlined with black.

They almost appear cartoon-ish.

They're fast and seem to have limited flying capabilities. When threatened, they expand their wings and release a loud, high-pitched clicking noise.

Other than that, nothing else is know, but it's assumed by Henry that they travel in large groups. He was right.

The bright-orange beetles appear to have some sort of acidic nature and their blood has been discovered as highly flammable.

Other than overwhelming numbers, the acid, and the flammable blood, they are otherwise harmless.

They are harmless on their own and can (possibly) make good pets...that is, if you don't smash them or let them near other beetles.

They become rather docile when along and act almost dog-like in nature and seem to be able to see the disembodied souls of others.

Snowmen:

Found in the Snow Realm, Snowmen look just like regular snowman, however, they're usually exceptionally smaller (coming up to about three-quarters of the shin.) though it's been found that they can become larger.

The Snowmen don't seem too threatening, but they're still a threat. As of right now, they only seem to have clawed stick arms to attack with, but they have also been seen sinking into the snow only to jump back out in another location, larger from the snow it gathered from the ground.

They've also been known to combine with each other or the snow in the environment to increase their size. In the first encounter, four combined to create one Snowman, four-times the size with eight eyes and four, enlarged arms.

How big they can become is still unknown. If one is hit, the snow simply acts as it would if it wasn't alive and then the Snowman begins to rebuild itself.

So far, the best idea for dealing with them is fire.

Burning their hats seems to work quite nicely.

The Snowmen appear to be very bad at stopping after they charge.

They're notoriously good snowball throwers.

Nutcrackers (Halberdier):

The Nutcrackers vary slightly in appearance from Nutcracker to Nutcracker but all stick to the same, basic design. Being about a foot tall with a three-inch, fuzzy black hat, long, white beards, their generally bright and eye-catching designs painted on their chests and legs, and their stiff movement, they're often hard to miss.

The Halberdier Nutcracker is often larger than a normal Nutcracker (about eighteen-inches) and wields a decorative though sharp halberd that's about
twenty seven-inches in length.

Their abilities with the halberds have yet to be seen.

Nutcrackers (Rifleman):

The Nutcrackers vary slightly in appearance from Nutcracker to Nutcracker but all stick to the same, basic design. Being about a foot tall with a three-inch, fuzzy black hat, long, white beards, their generally bright and eye-catching designs painted on their chests and legs, and their stiff movement, they're often hard to miss.

The Rifleman Nutcracker is about twelve inches and they wield a black rifle and bayonet, simple in design. fires BB-like projectiles that cause a sting similar to that of a bee's sting. The long-term effects (if any) of these projectiles has yet to be seen.

These Nutcrackers can fire their rifles quite accurately and the range has yet to be determined. They must reload after every shot and carry a large pouch at their waste full of ammo.

Soldiers (Wasteland):

The soldiers of the Wasteland all wear dark green, fitted trench coats with large, yellow buttons, large black boots, thick rubber gloves, and gas masks of brown leather that seemed to be fashioned after German WWII gas masks. The colors of the lenses seem to vary according to rank.

They tend to come in units of six and almost always populate the Wasteland's many factories.

They can use a variety of weapons and are capable of simple to complex combat maneuvers.

Medics (Wasteland):

Wasteland Medics are a variant of the Wasteland Soldier, they wear similar attire as the soldiers, but a different color scheme. They wear white, fitted trench coats with large black buttons and a large red cross on both the front and back, black leather boots, more lightweight than a soldier's boots, thin, black rubber gloves, and the same gas masks with bright red lenses.

They usually show up in pairs in the middle of a big gunfight and are extremely light of foot, seemingly excelling at a form of Parkour that they utilize to both avoid gunfire and to reach their comrades much more quickly. They also appear to have almost superhuman reflexes.

They are extremely efficient, a pair of them being able to heal a soldier in only a matter of seconds depending on the wound. While they do not typically fight and would first retreat before any kind of confrontation, they all carry standard handguns in case they have no other choice. It is extremely rare that any medic would actually fire their handguns as they are all extremely proficient at escaping and outrunning almost any situation.

They are a difficult target to hit, and they generally pose no other threat other than the reviving of more deadly soldiers. Whether or not it's ethical to shoot them is entirely up to the gunman.

The Variable and Unsure:

These Residents have yet to present themselves as either friend or foe. A close eye should be kept on these Residents and caution should be exercised when interacting with them until they have proven themselves as either a friend or a foe.

A few more have been mentioned, here's a list:

Elfs:

Encountered in the Snow Realm, these self-proclaimed "Elfs" are considerably short, about the size of a Snowman.
They have pointed ears and sparkling eyes without actual irises, rosy, angular cheeks, and fair skin.

They tend to wear a pointed, green hat with a golden bell on top, a green tunic that goes down to their knees with a white collar and cuffs with golden buttons, and a thick, black leather belt with a simple gold buckle ran around their waists.
On their legs, they wear red and white striped tights with small shoes that are dark green and curl up at the toes.

Each Elf is different and has their own personality and interests.

The Dukes:

Not much is know about the Dukes, only that the Workmen despise them and they are supposedly the cause for what's happening.

The MADHATTER:

No information as of yet.

Munkwon A. Driskoll:

This Duke is about five feet eight inches and of average build.

He is in complete color and stands out from the colorless environment he was first encountered in.

In colored environments, however, he is completely black and white.

He has crooked and slightly yellowed teeth. He wears a dark purple top hat with a yellow band, a lighter purple waistcoat that fanned out at the bottom and only had the two center buttons buttoned. He also wears a darker yellow shirt beneath the waistcoat, a magenta bow tie, neon orange gloves, pinstripe slacks matching his hat, an orange belt with a green, metallic buckle, and extremely shiny shoes that, rather than having a color of their own, reflect the colors around the Duke's feet.

Needless to say, he is quite colorful.

His skin is pale and his eyes are dark, almost black, but his hair that flows out from beneath his hat and to about his shoulders is a canvas of color, sporting every color from red to green and everything in between.

He is apparently pretty powerful as he is the assumed one to have been knocking Shepard and Carpenter around.

The Paranormals:

The word "paranormal" refers to anything outside of normal comprehension, some of it's synonyms being "ghostly", "unearthly", and "metaphysical". Any of these words can be used to describe The Paranormals.

The Paranormals are, essentially, ghosts of all kinds, ranging anywhere from a Rewind Ghosts and Essence Ghosts, to Poltergeists, Elemental Ghosts, and more.

The Paranormals have no definite standing and therefore can be call neither "good" nor "bad".

No two are alike, each Paranormal is the soul of a human who was once a alive and therefore their standing depends on the Paranormal itself for each Paranormal is a separate being and each may have separate views on what to do.

Just because you were attacked by say, a Poltergeist, that doesn't mean that every Poltergeist is "bad", it just means that the one you ran into was.

So far only one type of Paranormal has been encountered.

Rewind Ghosts:

Rewind Ghosts are Paranormals who are forced to relive the last few minutes of there lives, over and over and over again. While they are going through those last few minutes, they are completely unaware of anything going on around them. However, shortly after they've gone through their pattern and have "reawakened", they are aware for only a short period of time before being sucked back into the sequence of those last few minutes.

Rewind Ghosts seem to be unable to interact with the environment (i.e. if one goes to pick up a bottle or open a door at any time during their sequences or "reawakening" period, the bottle or door remains in place on the physical work and while they may appear to be going through with the action or holding something, there is, in reality, nothing in their hand.

Rewind Ghosts pose no physical threat to the Guests as they cannot actually make physical contact with them, however, the scenes that Rewind Ghosts present may cause some mental harm.

The Good:

Two previously Unsure Residents have recently been deemed "Weird as ******** but gives good advice" or "Good" by the Guests.

Workmen:

The Workmen is a group that is apparently fighting against the MADmen to win back Empyrea. Little is known about them, and, so far, the only known members are Smith, Carpenter, and Shepard, though other members are always possible.

Carpenter:

Carpenter is a mysterious figure who has only recently exposed himself to the Guests. He, for lack of a better term, appears to be stitched together from many different skins of many different hues and textures of green, brown, gray, and black, a few patches seem to be decaying.

There are a series of short, nail-like extensions on the top of his head and his eyes are a deep gray and seem to be constantly at peace.
He has no visible mouth, the spot where it should be is covered by a single, olive green piece of flesh. His fingernails are pitch-black and extend to about an inch from his fingertips and end in a dangerous point

He wears brown leather straps with large buckles on his arms, legs, and a thin, black leather vest on his chest. On his feet he wears leather boots.

When Carpenter speaks, his voice seems to come from all directions at once and his voice is young and smooth, his tone deep, but not too deep. He also tends to mock whoever is talking to and seems to like calling them "kid".

Though he seems to talk with a cocky attitude, it's obvious that he knows what he is talking about.

It's also obvious that no one in their right mind would want to intentionally piss him off. Carpenter appears to have enhanced strength, agility, and either speed or the ability for short-range teleportation at the least.

As of now, his whereabouts are unknown, but he was last seen wearing a pair of raggedy, worn-out, faded olive green hand wraps that flowed down his arms, and a similar, torn scarf that wrapped around his neck and flutters behind him in the wind.

In addition to the rags, he's now wearing a thick, heavy-looking, solid stainless-steel chain belt that wrapped around his waist and shoulders.
The buckle was a realistically colored steel skull with no lower jaw and four steel points behind it in a star-like pattern.

He is one of the Workmen.

Shepard:

Shepard was the second of the Workmen that they encountered after entering the first door. He appears to help them, although it is unsure if he does it out of altruism or because of Carpenter's words.

Shepard is bald, and his deep black eyes are always alert-seeming and awake. He wears clothes that cover as much of him as possible: a long black trenchcoat, buttoned up. It is snug around the waist and the collar goes to the tip of his nose, all around his head. He wears black boots and leather gloves. His skin is a faded gray color, but at least it's not in patches.

There are a myriad of pockets on the inside of his coat, containing who knows what. Shepard has yet to reveal them. He stands tall, back straight with a well-earned confidence, and is very well-muscled. He seems to almost have been designed to fight...

Shepard's voice is smooth and deep, but he has a tendency to talk quickly, and is somewhat curt in times of stress.

It is clear that Shepard shares a respect of Carpenter, although it seems to be in the form of a friendly rivalry. He will do a lot to show that he can surpass his companion, and at the same time realizes the necessity of cooperation and seriousness when needed. "Shows of Surpassment" are a common event for the two rivals.

Thus far, Shepard has yet to fight. His main weapon seems to be...well, himself. He shows high martial prowess.

As of now, he appears to be assisting the Guests.
Written by Joe

He doesn't appear to like the cold too much and he apparently smokes.
Added by me

Smith:

Smith is a tall, old-looking guy. He stands at at very least 6' 6", at 6' 8" with his boots. His frame is large and muscular as well, for whatever reason. He is balding - only a ring around the back and sides of his head still remains, and that hair is steel gray. It's long and thin; it hangs to at least his shoulder blades. A goatee, at least three inches long, adorns the very tip of his chin; his nose bears sunglasses. He wears no shirt and only an unbuttoned vest, revealing his rather huge chest. His chest bears a massive scar, almost precisely bar-shaped and raised at least a quarter of an inch raised from the rest of his chest. His pants are loose and long; they are over heavy boots with ridiculously thick soles, perhaps two or three inches. He wears large, very thick leather gloves, but takes them off when dexterity is needed. For weaponry he carries an extremely large revolver and a very large very thick hammer. Both are carefully fitted to be capable of being used both gloves on and off. For ability, he seems fairly fast (for his size) and powerful, but more powerful than fast; fast enough to be some sort of trained martial artists but strong enough to be a buffalo. Oooor thereabouts.

Smith is as good as the uncertain can get, really; he's honestly trying to help the guests get clear.

Smith has an assortment of troops back at his base in the Polluted Realm.

He is one of the Workmen.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:52 pm
Locations: ((Updated accordingly))

There are many locations in this world, many of which are still being discovered.
The locations of this RP will start from the familiar city of Corona and expand to unfathomable places.
Here is a list of where the Visitors have been so far, and remember, there's always new to discover:

Corona:

Whether they've lived in Corona all of their lives or they're visiting for the holidays, someone can know all there is about Corona just by strolling around and striking up a conversation with the nearest neighbor.

There's really nothing too special about the town of Corona, it's rather small, the people that live there are generally decent, the weather's not too extreme, and the grocery store is just a short walk away.

The population of Corona is less than five thousand people, the crime rate is low, the air is clean, the water is good (there's even a small lake along the town's limits), there's not too much traffic, and there's only a single, large church in the center of town.

Many of the stores in Corona are residential-owned and therefore unique in their own, special ways.

The larges piece of estate that it's got is the Penfold Estate, and that's been there since before Corona was even a town.

In summary, Corona is just your average, everyday small town with a big secret hidden beyond the depths of the Penfold Estate.

The Penfold Estate:

The Penfold Estate is the starting point of the RP, it is an old, extremely large, previously rundown and recently restored to it's former magnificence seemingly overnight.
The land surrounding the estate spans many, many acres and is decorated with clean-cut hedges, watered grass, paved walkways, and a small fountain decorating the front lawn.
The manor itself is extremely large, taking up about half of the total acreage, and standing over three stories tall and an additional story gained from the tower standing over the manor. The manor's design is based off of the castles of Ireland.
Many rumors and stories surround the Penfold Estate, and it is a place of dread to some, but to others, nothing seems out of the ordinary other than an odd feeling of being misplaced somehow.

The original owners of the Penfold Estate mysteriously disappeared in the late 1800's and no one has lived there since. The rumors started spreading soon after but no solid evidence has ever been found linking the events to the manor...

Rooms of the Manor:

The Penfold Manor holds many rooms within it's walls.
Here are a few that the Guests have discovered:

Lobby:

The lobby is the first room and entrance of the Manor. The lobby is dim, slightly dank, and quite dusty, but it still has the same magnificent quality of it's outer facade.
The lobby is a large, expansive room with twin, red velvet staircases lined with polished, oak banisters on each end leading upwards to the next floor. There is a double door between the staircases that leads to the dining room and two doors on each of the opposite walls.
An unseen chandelier hangs above the center of the room.
((1st Floor))

Dining Hall:

The dining hall at first appeared to only be a small table surrounded by a couple of chairs and holding a few candles, but turned out to be much more. The small table was, in reality, an exceedingly long table with at least a hundred candles running along it. The table spans from one end of the massive room to the other. An exquisite chandelier hangs above the center of the table, swinging back and forth gently constantly in an unseen breeze.
The massive table is surrounded with carved wooden chairs and there is a white tablecloth with gold trimming covering the table. Along the table is a variety of meals, ranging from freshly cooked turkey and pork to raw sushi and caviar. There are two doors, each at the opposite ends of the wall opposite of the entrance.
The dining hall seems to be much larger than the manor could actually sustain, giving the feeling that the manor is larger inside than out.
((1st Floor))

Dance Hall:

The Dance Hall is a large, spacious room. In the center of the room is a polished wood floor surrounded on all but the right side by a short railing separating it from several small, round tables sitting along the small pathways of unpolished wood. Each table has two chairs on opposite ends. The tables are covered in a simple, white table cloth and has a single candle and bottle of wine sitting upon it.

On the opposite end of the room is an elevated stage with a red, velvet curtain hanging above it. Towards the back of the stage are short staircases on either side. A short set of stairs leads up to the stage on the left side of the room.

At the front ends of the left and right wall are two doors. At the left end of the railing is a gate matching the rails. An identical gate is at the end of the railing by the staircase leading up to the stage.

Above the polished floor hangs a large chandelier, similar to the others, large and crystalline.
((2nd Floor))
|=|+++++++++++++++|_|
| |```````````````````|
|o|`````````````````` |
| |```````````````````|
|o|`````````````````` |
| |```````````````````|
|o| _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ |
[_o_o_o_o__/__o_o_o_o_]

Key:
= stairs
o table
| or _ wall or railing
[ or ] door
` polished floor
. stage floor
/ entrance

Backstage:

Located directly behind the stage is the backstage (naturally). Backstage is a messy, mid-sized rectangular room, about half the size of the stage. Several props and costumes are spread about and three, full-sized mirrors are located on the back wall. To the left of the mirror on the far left is another door that leads to a bathroom.

The three mirrors are actually doors that lead to small dressing rooms.
((2nd Floor))

The Tower Room:

After ascending three short sets of twisting stairs, one will enter into a box-shaped room, located in the tower on top of the manor. In the center of the spacious room is an exquisite rug with archaic symbols, similar to the ones on the coins, in the center of it in gold-colored material.
On the wall directly in front of the entrance are two doors on either side of a full-sized mirror with a gold, ornate frame.
On the left and right walls of the room are three evenly spread out doors each. On all of the doors and the mirror's frame are archaic markings in the centers.
((3rd Floor))

__=__+__=__
|``````````` |
[``````````` ]
|``````````` |
[``````````` ]
|``````````` |
[``````````` ]
|`````/````` |

Key:
| __ Walls
= or [ ] Doors
+ Mirror
/ Entrance
` Rug

The Driskoll Estate :

The Penfold Estate, after the strange fall from the tower into the very same tower, seems to be renewed. Colors are more vibrant, everything seems to be much brighter, the archaic symbols found on some doors and the silver coins are now numbers, and bodies left lying around before the fall are no longer there, though, objects used to restrain these bodies remain in their place.

New things are encountered in this "new" manor that weren't there before the fall. Whether these new things are related to the fall is still unknown.

The rooms seemed to have retained their physical structure, therefore, newly found rooms, along with the old, will continue to be listed under "Rooms of the Manor".

Empyrea:

The world outside of the Penfold Estate is no longer the familiar town of Corona, but something entirely different.

Outside of the walls of Penfold Estate, the landscape is completely altered. The immediate landscape outside of the estate is a variety of bright hues, green, red, blue, yellow, orange, all colors of grass spreading across the land.

Strange trees can be seen in the distance along with massive, spotted mushrooms of varying colors. Flowers of unknown species dot the fields, and a few, indiscernible creatures can be seen moving through the tall grass.

Even further in the distance are many more varying landscapes, ranging from a land of crystal to an impossibly large factory spewing clouds of black smoke from it's smokestacks.

It is simply amazing.

Places of Empyrea:

There appear to be many places located outside of the manor after the fall. So far, only one has been visited and even then, the Guest have only just gotten there.

Snow Realm/North Pole:

IT'S COLD! AND SNOWING! But there is a make-shift shelter and a fire burning in the middle.

So far, the major point-of-interest seems to be a large, icy castle that protrudes above many of the trees.

Ice Castle:

The Ice Castle is rather tall, standing at about ten or eleven stories tall and looks more like a mountain of ice with windows, doorways, and walls carved into the facade.

There is a wide chasm separating the group from the castle entrance. There is a narrow pathway, about three feet across, of ice leading to the castle's massive entrance, a door about twenty feet high, fifteen wide, and made from cold, blackened steel.

The bottom of the chasm can not be seen save for the deadly points of a few icy stalagmites.

A stone wall surrounds most of the chasm and lines the path that leads to the castle. The walls along the path are about seven feet in height whereas the walls along the chasm are only about three feet high. A small doorway in the wall revealed several notches in the chasm wall leading down to a series of steps leading down into the chasm.

A large manger with walls of stone with a straw roof comes up on the left of the path. There is a single window in the wall furthest from the castle and a large opening towards the path; this opening, an area of about five feet on either side of the manger, and the end of the path are the only breaks in the wall along the path. The floor of the manger is padded with straw and the light of a fire can be seen dancing within.

The Chasm:

The chasm has yet to be explored, but it is know that it is quite deep, quite dark, and quite pointy. A hole in the stone wall near the bridge leads to a series of notches that lead to a series of steps about five meters down that descend deep into the darkness of the Chasm.

In the Wilderness:

Below is a list of the locations discovered in the heavily forested and cold region of the Snow Realm, better known as the "North Pole".

The Shelter:

The shelter consists of four wooden poles supporting a roof made of sheet metal. Hay is spread about everywhere and there are a few bales near the poles. A series of five, small logs surround the fire.

The door the Guests had entered through is freestanding about five feet behind the fire. It now lacks hinges and a door frame.

Outside of the shelter it is snowing gently but steadily and the ground is covered in snow and ice. A few, snow-covered pine trees stand, elevated by a short, snow-covered hill, on either side of small path made up of various sized flat stones.

The Cabin:

Inside the cabin is nice and cozy. There is a small fire burning and an old, round rug in the middle of the snug cabin. A bed, a rocking chair, a dresser, nothing particularly interesting. Another door leads outside.
Mr. Jingles resides in this cabin.

Toy Factory:

The Toy Factory is filled with conveyor belts, extravagant candy cane style piping and funnels, large, box-like machines, and short, wooden stools placed all along the conveyor belts. Everything is colored... vibrantly and Christmas-y, having many shades of red, green, white, and gold all over the place.

The Wasteland:

Not much is known about this realm as of yet. All that's know is that the sky is tinted orange and constantly cloudy.
The air is horrible, thick with pollution. Much of the landscape is extremely rocky and dusty, there is little if any plant-life. Small factories populate the expansive landscape.

A massive factory constantly dominates the Wasteland and can be seen from almost anywhere.

Smith's Compound (Floor 1):

So far, Smith's Compound is largely unexplored.

Holding Room:

The Holding Room is a mid-sized room made of heavy iron held in place with large, bronze rivets.
Polished, bronze piping lines the room and large clockwork gears decorate the corners of the room.
In the front of the room is a large, iron, riveted door with a small slit for looking through.
On the door and it's hinges were several bronze gears, levers, knobs, and valves.

The door leads to a mid-sized, polished bronze, riveted hallway. The moldings are made of steel and bronze pipes and holed vents run along the upper moldings of the hallway.

Light enters the hallway through small skylights high along the ceiling.
The ceiling itself is low, but the skylights runs a good twenty feet up.

The ground is plated bronze.

Lounge:

The Lounge is located at the left end of the hallway.

Break Room (TV Room):

The Break room is located at the far right of the hallway and is a roomy, square room with a couch, end table, and a small, strange-looking TV. The television is made of browned iron and has gears and valves along the bottom. Copper pipes run out from it and into the wall.
There is a door on the right wall.

Research Room:

The Research Room is right next to the Break Room and is a rectangular room that is just as wide as the Break Room but about twice as long. In the center of the room is a large, oval table made from assorted junk metals surrounded by similar chairs, eight on each side and one at the end. On the tables are seventeen or so computers that look like a cross between a modified modern laptop and a Victorian typewriter. Each has an accompanying mouse made of bronze, scrap metals, and assorted gears.

At the head of the table is a slightly nicer laptop built to a similar design as the other computers, though more refined and neat.

There's a door at the far left corner of the room and one on the left wall.

A large screen dominates the far wall.

Meeting Room:

Going through the furthest door in the Research Room, going through a small passing room, and then through another door directly to the right will bring one to the Meeting Room. The Meeting Room is just slightly larger than the break room though not quite as roomy. A large, round table made of various scrap metals is bolted to the floor in the center of the room, taking up about three-quarters of the available space. About a meter of the center of the table is deeply indented. Chairs surround the large table.

The room is dimly lit by a single skylight and a large screen dominates the far wall.

Factory 31N1:

Factory 31N1 is a small, cubic factory, roughly an acre in size and two stories tall and under enemy control.

Several dark green tents are set up across the surrounding area. A makeshift shelter rests in the center of a circle of eight tents.

A series of fences made from scrap metals surround the factory and winded around the tents.

A small, make-shift bridge spans across a small trench in the front of the factory. Several fences and scrap metal blockades are set up for added defense.

There is a large garage in the rear. 31N1 is painted above the entrance in red spray paint.  

NativeForeigner

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:53 pm
Date/Time (roughly)/Weather
((Updated Occasionally))
Credit to SirBayer

Wed March 18, 2009
0781 Hours
Corona: Clearing up, mild.
Snow Realm: Snowy, sunny, very cold.
Other: Bad air, cloudy. Mild temperature.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:54 pm
"Brief" (and horribly written) Summary:
((Updated every few milestones))

Okay, so, so far, after receiving the letter and coin, the first group of people, Ro, Henry, Gregory, Arthur, and Andreas, arrived at the manor, explored it for a bit, found it's dimensions...off to say the least, and there were hostile people around. Eventually, they found a tower room and an Infected came in, kicked their butts mostly, but they ended up killing him. They then fell through the floor (yes, through the floor) and landed back into the very same room, everything just seemed more vibrant at first, however, as they explored the manor once again, they noticed a few other changes, such as the vastly different landscape outside or some new-found powers. They encountered more hostile people and giant, bright-orange beetles. They also first met Carpenter. Eventually, Gregory spazzed, downed an unseemly amount of pills, and booked it. The rest chased after him as he led them up the stairs into the tower once more. They all went through the door labeled as number 1 and arrived in the Snow Realm.

They ventured forth, fighting snowmen and the occasional crazy and meeting Shepard, another Workman. They came across an elf name Mr. Jingles, who sheltered them for the night. In the morning, they went to the Toy Factory and were told that their "Boss" (whom the group decided just to call "Santa") is "sick" and the other elfs are becoming sick and violent as well. The group decides to search for Santa to try to help him and went off towards his castle with poor directions from Jingles. After passing by several rocks (some apparently shaped as cows), they quickly become lost and find a clearing where they're ambushed by several Nutcrackers and a Crazy. They fend off the attackers, taking heavy wounds. Arthur exhausted himself to heal his comrades and they went off down the correct trail. They came across a manger with Carpenter and Shepard fighting someone. All but Henry decided to take Carpenter's advice and move on. As they did, Henry went back and was confronted in a weird dimension by a strange man named Munk, apparently a MADman in more ways than one. Henry receives a proposal to Join the MADmen and takes some time to think about it. They are currently trying to find a way across the icy bridge.

The second group arrived after the first (of course) and consisted of Juliet and Alastair, two uninvited cops in search of Juliet's father, Arthur, Jordan, another uninvited cop who is investigating the disappearances, Gwen, an uninvited girl in search of her older brother, Gregory, and Shikyo and Orion, two boys who were invited to the manor. They went through many of the same endeavors as the first group, however, Orion discovered that there was no leaving the manor, as his soul was separated from his body for a good part of his visit. Eventually, they came to the tower, Orion got back to his body, and they were drawn through door number 2.

Upon entering, the group found the air to be extremely unpleasant to say the least. They erupted into a coughing fit and soon lost consciousness only to wake up in a large, blanketed room where they quickly met their savior, Smith, yet another Workman. He walked them through his compound, supplied them with information and gas masks, got them to assist his men in a raid, and divided them into squads after a quick debriefing. Tannor joined in as the convoy arrived as he was performing the duties of a scout. Gwen met her two partners in her marksman unit, Mark and Cindy, siblings. The raid is currently in progress, Smith and his men have wiped out a good number of the outside forces while Cindy, Mark, and Gwen are clearing the area from behind. Smith and his men and the rest of the group are preparing to head inside whereas Gwen and the others in her unit are currently clearing the outside area.

NativeForeigner

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:55 pm
Affiliates

Resurrection of the Cabal

Modern-Day Fantasy with Political Intrigue Bonus
GM: Venom3001

Dust

Modern-Day Fantasy/Horror/Military. Mostly.
GM: Venom3001

Blazer Drive

Future SF/Fantasy
GM: tic_tac_joe

A War Over Peace

Modern-Day SF/Fantasy
GM: tic_tac_joe

Syndicate

Future Dystopian Military SF
GM: SirBayer

Close Quarters Battle

Near-Future Military (from what I can tell)
GM: SirBayer  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:56 pm
Ro stood before the Penfold estate, the silver coin in his right hand and the invitation in his other. The date was October 3rd and the weather was decent, cloudy and a bit windy, but not too cold. Ro held the coin closer to his face What the Hell am I doing here? he wondered to himself, lowering the coin and gazing upon the magnificent manor.

"Didn't this place use to be a dump? Like yesterday?" he asked no one in particular. He was the only one waiting at the estate's front gate, waiting for it to open up so he may go inside. Another man approached, but Ro paid no attention.

Gregory looked at the invitation and then at the address of the Penfold estate, "T-this is it." he said to himself, standing well away from Ro. "W-w-when are they g-going to open the g-g-g-gate?" he asked himself aloud. "I hope it's soon, someone's w-watching me, I just kn-kno-know it." he continued, looking nervously around. He reached into his pocket and popped a single pill into his mouth.  

NativeForeigner

SirBayer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:30 am
Dr. Dramsten shifted the strap of his backpack higher onto his shoulders. He was moving up to the Penfold estate, trying to get a clearer view of the house before he reached the gate. As he came to the gate, he let his curiosity on the house wane a moment, long enough to shift his attention to the other two men standing there. "Here for the same thing?" he inquired, glancing at the invitation in his own left hand.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:01 am
Henry walked slowly up the street, his hands in his pockets as he strode towards the estate. He walked with a slight swagger, as though he owned the whole street.
It was easy to see why. The man was hot, no doubt. He looked around casually, making eye contact with a young girl, who quickly looked away, giggling and blushing.
Soon enough, he was at the manor. Three men were already outside the gate, one popping a pill and the others standing. "When are they opening?" Henry asked in a soft, musical voice.  

Jokerman-EXE

SirBayer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:34 am
Dr. Dramsten looked over his shoulder, took quick note and judgement of the newcomer, and replied, "Don't know. Haven't been here long." He kept his sentences short, and it took control not to make them childishly simple; he knew this kind, or at least thought he did.  
11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 95 96 97 98 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff