Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
i have a question about psychics Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

karmalee7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:51 pm
I know this probably doesn't have anything to do with this but i think I'm somewhat psychic because I know what people are going to say most of the time before they say it and i dreamed about a guy and he turned out to be my gaia boyfriend and I've never seen him but besides that i dream stuff then the next day to a week it happens! i don't know if this is just a coincidence or not but i don't think it is lemme know what you think on the subject ok? questions and comments welcome!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:17 pm
I always say to dismiss the mundane before assuming the supernatural.

When you know what people are going to say are they saying something predictable? Are they people you know well enough to know their opinions on most topics etc...

The dreaming you are talking about is precognitive dreams. Make sure that what you are dreaming isn't too general or too likely to come true. I've had lots of dreams where I wake up and walk into the bathroom or kitchen and a light blows out. That happens in real life a lot too but I don't consider those precog dreams b/c it's too common. I have also had precog dreams where there are details that I couldn't have known and aren't predictable. I do believe that important people in our lives may visit us in our dreams before we meet them on the physical plane. Many pregnant women report dreaming about their unborn babies from early in their pregnancy. Again, though I try to employ a set of checks and balances within myself so that I don't start sounding like a fruitcake. I dismiss any rational explanation first and then try to see if I can repeat the results. Kinda like a science experiment biggrin

Please don't think I am trying to discount your experiences, you may very well be psychic but we can't answer that for you on an internet forum. It's something you need to look inside yourself for the answer and do your best to stay grounded and logical.

smile  

Lotus Poem

karmalee7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:45 pm
some of them are common but there are details like somone says the exact same thing in my dream and when i look around every detail down to a blade of grass moving too the way im looking at it is the same.
but thanks for the advise i could try again to do it but i dont think it works like that but anyways thanks again  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:10 pm
best way to ask: go to a metaphysical/pagan shop and ask if they can help. i know the people who run the one around here are very helpful in that respect.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

Esselean

Tipsy Fairy

11,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:34 pm
Here are my beliefs on the subject

I believe everyone has some kind of intuition. Some more than others and some may even be able to tap into it at will.
I believe intuition comes from some part of the brain not commonly used (we only use a small percentage of our brains after all & there could be any number of secrets locked up in there waiting to be revealed) I'm not sure how *scratches head* possibly by interpreting energies around us confused
And sometimes we subconsciously read small signs (in peoples body language and such) that tell us what others are thinking and maybe that is a part of intuition as well.

I also don't call it being psychic. Saying it like that makes it seem freaky and supernatural when I don't believe it is at all. Maybe very intuitive or extra senstive is a better way of putting it razz

Anyway thats what I think mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:48 am
hmm ok so i can tap into another part of my mind and use that... how come i cant do it at will if i can do it subcontiously and when i dont mean to?  

karmalee7

violeteyes77

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:26 pm
Oh my gosh! I have the same issue except for a little more extreme... I've asked about it as well on this Guild and you can look at what I actually found out from some of the Guildies from it.

Go to the Midnight Paranormal Society page and click on the subject "very weird..." It actually has a lot of information other people have given me about it! Tell me if that helps any!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:25 pm
violeteyes77
Oh my gosh! I have the same issue except for a little more extreme... I've asked about it as well on this Guild and you can look at what I actually found out from some of the Guildies from it.

Go to the Midnight Paranormal Society page and click on the subject "very weird..." It actually has a lot of information other people have given me about it! Tell me if that helps any!

ok i will thanks  

karmalee7

karmalee7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:44 pm
violeteyes77

ok so... i have pregognition? if i do then why isnt it as well developed as you? and i was wondering how long youve known youve had pregognition, and if there was anything i could do that could help make it happen cus i think its real cool and i wish it would happen more but ever since i started this thread it has barely happened like mabe once or twice its like as soon as i acknowledge it it stops happening i was also wondering if there was a way around that and what the website you were looking at was called... wow i had a lot of uestions but yeah if you could answer them or if anyone else could that would help  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:00 pm
I'm not exactly sure why yours isn't as developed but I've had mine for like 2 years now... well I've had dreams that came true for about 5 years but the stuff that really freaked me out came about 2 years ago, which is why I even came to this guild. If you go to google.com and type in "precognition" it actually has some information about it (just don't go to wikipedia) and there are actually some places where it tells you how to strengthen it. For example, when the phone rings, before you pick it up try to close your eyes and see if you can picture the person who's calling. Just simple exercises like that helped a bit for me, as well. Umm, I'm not exactly sure how to go around the fact that you keep acknowledging it. Maybe just go with the flow for a while and when it comes up again just try to avoid it when that actually happens.

I hope this helped a bit biggrin  

violeteyes77

karmalee7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:29 pm
it did i went to google but i couldnt find much but im about tp try again and see if anything else pops up that catches my intrest but yeah it helps a lot and this was weird and kinda funny as soon as i read "phone rings" the phone rang weird huh?! hmm  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:34 pm
heavenonearth13
violeteyes77

ok so... i have pregognition? if i do then why isnt it as well developed as you? and i was wondering how long youve known youve had pregognition, and if there was anything i could do that could help make it happen cus i think its real cool and i wish it would happen more but ever since i started this thread it has barely happened like mabe once or twice its like as soon as i acknowledge it it stops happening i was also wondering if there was a way around that and what the website you were looking at was called... wow i had a lot of uestions but yeah if you could answer them or if anyone else could that would help

*headsmack* precognition, not pregognition.
jeez, guys, this isn't something to play around 'omigodthatssocool'.
development takes time, and discipline, and lots of meditation.
google does NOT help on this particular thing, btw.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

karmalee7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:54 pm
xXx kitsy xXx
heavenonearth13
violeteyes77

well ok then um sorry for the miss spell im only in jr high goshness and i think its cool regaurdless but that doesnt mean im not trying to treat this seriously but anyways what do you suggest on the matter anyways? it hs to be something thats sensible for a 13 year old like i cant just go to a shop my mom doesnt even know i have precognition... any advise for the little 13year old that cant spell what i have? *smiles*  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:19 pm
heavenonearth13
xXx kitsy xXx
heavenonearth13
violeteyes77

well ok then um sorry for the miss spell im only in jr high goshness and i think its cool regaurdless but that doesnt mean im not trying to treat this seriously but anyways what do you suggest on the matter anyways? it hs to be something thats sensible for a 13 year old like i cant just go to a shop my mom doesnt even know i have precognition... any advise for the little 13year old that cant spell what i have? *smiles*

yea... meditation. see says so /| up there previous post.
the better you get at it, the easier it is to control the precognition.
and not all parents take precognition as... well whatever they take it as. my grandfather (a christian preacher) has precognition so everyone in my family assumes it just comes from god. but hey if you parents freak out about stuff like that, zip thee lips.
and meditations are easy enough to find, I'm certain we have some in our resource forums.
(oh, and another term for precognition, that isnt as prudent-sounding, is foresight. and i was teasing about the misspelling, its only funny cuz the picture in my head of the word was seeing through goggles instead. don't get me started about spelling i've always been above my level)  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

violeteyes77

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:08 pm
Kitsy, I'm sorry you took what I said as a notion that I didn't take this seriously. And the reason why I'm even using Google for my info is because if my parents knew what I was looking up, they'd kill me... I've just been getting as much help as I can because it freaks a person out when they suddenly see what's about to happen before it happens. Besides, my parents DEFINITELY wouldn't see it as a gift from God, since in the bible a woman who could see into the future had to get an exorcism because the foresight (hehe) was supposedly a gift from the devil...

Anyways, enough of my ranting on about stupid parents... but anyways sorry I didn't say anything about the spelling any sooner, Heavenonearth... I have issues when people misspell as well (my friends get very unhappy with me when I practically pull my hair out over a misspell...), but I was just on my way out before I got to actually read the post word-for-word. So, Kitsy, I'm sorry if I offended you by sounding like I wasn't taking this seriously. biggrin  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games