Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hey
  hi
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:35 am
Well someone was saying something about walking into a store right after halloween was over and they were already taking down decorations and putting up christmas lights. It seems everyone is preparing right now for christmas. The other I went to the mall adn it was so busy with people going in and out. Then I realized everyone was starting their christmas shopping!

Is your area preparing for christmas already? How about your family?
~
I think my uncle said he'll start to change things around. Normally he has this really nice table with white fluffy kind of cloth material and puts these small ornaments on it and makes it into a cute village in the living room area.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:42 am
Stores start preparing for Christmas early, I suppose, because it's a big seller. It sells a lot more than Thanksgiving does.

I was in a store before Halloween to get some decorations and they already had some Christmas stuff out.

We typically don't start preparing for Christmas until the weekend after Thanksgiving. We don't decorate very much though, mostly a tree and a couple small things around the house.

I do enjoy Christmas though. A lot of people say Halloween is their favorite holiday but mine has alyways been Christmas. Everything just seems cheery and happy and since I'm not an adult yet I don't have to worry about getting everyone and their mother a gift. So Christmastime is one of my favorite times of the year.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:48 am
It is a great sale time for stores.
I love christmas too. The only people i have to get gifts for is my mom and sister. ^_^ Everyone (including dad's gift) is covered by mom. ^_^ And mom's gift from all three of us is....covered by me and my sister paid for by dad though (my gift is seperate and bought by me so she basically gets one from all of us then one from me). He's terrible at choosing something good as a gift so we'd go to the jewelry store to choose something out with him. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:40 pm
I think I saw Christmas stuff in August.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

VampressLeona

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:01 pm
its sad I was running through radio stations and heard christmas music...they need more thanksgiving music.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:33 pm
Dornkus
I think I saw Christmas stuff in August.
Really? o_o!  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:38 pm
VampressLeona
its sad I was running through radio stations and heard christmas music...they need more thanksgiving music.
hehe..thanksgiving music. I've never heard one now that you mentioned it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:20 pm
Moonlight_HuangHou
VampressLeona
hehe..thanksgiving music. I've never heard one now that you mentioned it. 3nodding

A turkey knocked on my back door, so I invited him in.
It was such a cold Thanksgiving day, so I invited him in.
"Won't you come into my kitchen?" I said,
"We'll boil some water for tea!
Won't you come into my kitchen, we'll chat!
Have a cookie, maybe two or three?"
But he said, "No! No! No! No!
I won't come into your kitchen!"
He said "No! No! No! No!
I'll see you another day!"

I couldn't find it online, and I haven't heard it since elementary school, but I think I got it about the same.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Fate-J

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:35 am
really?? i dont think i see any xmas stuff yet biggrin oh, and we dont celebrate thanks givingD: more, i dont think many people know about itDD:  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:25 am
Where I live there are still some Halloween decorations up, and they usually take them down around the 10th of November. Then, that's when I usually see Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations being put up.  

Death Shikaku

Super Mega Nope
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:23 am
I saw a store with Christmas stuff already up before Halloween
neutral
As for early Christmas shopping I haven’t seen anyone in my family doing any yet.
sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:32 am
Dornkus
Moonlight_HuangHou
VampressLeona

A turkey knocked on my back door, so I invited him in.
It was such a cold Thanksgiving day, so I invited him in.
"Won't you come into my kitchen?" I said,
"We'll boil some water for tea!
Won't you come into my kitchen, we'll chat!
Have a cookie, maybe two or three?"
But he said, "No! No! No! No!
I won't come into your kitchen!"
He said "No! No! No! No!
I'll see you another day!"

I couldn't find it online, and I haven't heard it since elementary school, but I think I got it about the same.
Wow!lol A thanksgiving song?! No way! ^^  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:33 am
Fate-J
really?? i dont think i see any xmas stuff yet biggrin oh, and we dont celebrate thanks givingD: more, i dont think many people know about itDD:

Oh! Well I guess it is a US kind of thing. B/c it has to do with the native americans helping the pilgrims and them having a feast to say 'thanks'. Or...something like that. ^_^"

I can't wait for christmas to see all the lights up! It's so nice aroudn that time. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:35 am
Death Shikaku
Where I live there are still some Halloween decorations up, and they usually take them down around the 10th of November. Then, that's when I usually see Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations being put up.
^_^ Just like here! Except they started immediantly taking down decorations. ^_^

MonkeyFen
I saw a store with Christmas stuff already up before Halloween
neutral
As for early Christmas shopping I haven’t seen anyone in my family doing any yet.
sweatdrop

We haven't started shopping yet. My sister normally still makes a list; I don't think she has one yet too now that I think of it. sweatdrop  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

VampressLeona

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:05 pm
Moonlight_HuangHou
VampressLeona
Jingle bells is actually a thanksgiving song...I didnt know that till a few years ago.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff