Reasons to Dislike Edward Cullen...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kayu Ryukai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:56 pm
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080729221324AAay2n4
In this yahoo link...reasons to dislike Edward. Do not bash me for this, I am an Edward and Jacob fan(simply can't choose no matter what).  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:00 pm
Its sort of before breaking dawn came out and after.  

Kayu Ryukai

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:52 pm
not to be mean, but some of their reasoning is dumb. for instance

Edward, on the other hand, does things that FORCE Bella into compliance with his will. He should have said, "Bella, I'm jealous when you are with Jake. I'm worried he'll hurt you, so I don't want you with him, please".

I understand what she's saying, but in real life, what GUY is going to tell you his feelings? Seriously, aparently she's never been in a relationship...

Edward doesn't care about the happiness of those around him. He says that himself-- he says all he needs is for Bella to be happy, no one else. This is evidenced by the fact that he decided to "kill" himself in New Moon, even though he knew it would devastate his family. All he cares about is Bella.

Well duh! I'd like to see her live over 100 years alone surrounded by nothing but couples and hearing all their romantic thoughts. On top of that, he was never truely happy. If all that happiness is taken away from you and you have to go back to being semi happy I'd consider suicide....okay i don't have the guts but if i did.....

He's so black and white. There is never a gray area for him. He's always at one end of the spectrum or the other; there is no moderation. He overreacts. He doesn't know how to handle bad situations-- he completely loses his head and loses the ability to think through the problem logically. He's too black and white for his own good. My motto in life is "moderation in all things".

She is right about his black and white thing, but really...if Edward was like that he would be boring in my opinion. it's good he has flaws.

HE ISN'T HUMAN. He can't give Bella anything I find to be important in life. I want kids. I want to grow up. I want to get older. I want human experiences. I want to die in time. And he can't give any of that to Bella, yet he was foolish enough to pursue a relationship with her

Are you kidding me?? She said I like 5 times and then tries to speak about what Bella wants?? Bella wants to be with Edward. Period. She throws all that out the window when they get together. She thinks about it with Jake, but does she choose Jake? no. If Bella cared about growing old and having kids (in the begining) She would've choosen Jake. DUH.

That's just my opinion though. People are free to hate/love Edward if they want.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:08 pm
I Know what you mean, but I just wanted to see what people felt about him. Because I've heard bad things about Jacob and wanted to see if anybody at all disliked Edward.  

Kayu Ryukai

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:18 pm
Boo! Edward is number one!

What she is really complaining about is all of Edward's personality flaws. We all have them, so I really don't see why she's being so hard on him. We all know Edward is a pretty extreme person, it who he is, and so that one personality trait breaks down into a million different facets. Edward is not very skilled at finding middle ground, that was especially proved in New Moon, when he makes the worst decision of his life. He didn't really have to leave, but he suffers a lot from tunnel vision. Can only ever see one alternative.

Of course he's selfish, who isn't? I'd like her to tell me she's never had a selfish thought in her head, that she just thinks of what everyone else wants all the time, and considers all her actions very carefully, making sure everything she does won't ever effect anyone negatively. Yes I'm sure that's how she does things. Everyone is selfish, and sometime, we have to think of ourselves sometimes. and it can't always be considered selfish. It's lie this: If you come across someone unconscious in a room, lets say. And you are fully certified in CPR, and you notice a big gas leak or something, you don't do anything. Why? Because you are your number one priority. And the Edward thing isn't really that different. Edward is Edward's number one priority (well, technically, Bella is Edward's number one priority but she's 'dead'). Sometimes, we have to do things that are in our best interest. And in this case it was suicide, we can't blame Edward for that.

That human point was just plain stupid. Has she even read the series? Seriously. Hasn't Edward said like eight billion times she shouldn't be with him because he can't give her human things? Isn't that like the topic of every second conversation? He always gives her a choice to go be with someone else. He tells her she can leave hi. But does she? No. Because that's not what Bella wants. She wants to be a vampire with Edward. To each her own. So maybe whoever wrote that does want kids and death, but not Bella. The writer thinks that's important. It's personal opinion and therefore has to be discounted. It's not a valid point.

But like I already said. Most of her points are all on Edward's personality flaws. I could make like the exact same arguments about her. We all have those flaws and it's not really fair to rip someone apart on them.
People like that make me angry, sure I'm not so hot about Jacob, but I don't go tearing his character apart to make myself feel bigger.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:21 pm
GO JACOB!  

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

InuYasha girl 707

5,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:18 pm
The only reason I think someone could dislike Edward is out of jealousy. Jealousy because:
1) He's way hotter that you could ever dream to be (Even as a girl, I'm jealous)
2) he has an awesome vampire family
3) he is a vampire, and a total god among the undead hotties.
4) He actually has a personality to be admired.
5) and a brain to boot.

He's an all-in-one amazing person. Who's the one you love to hate but secretly wanna be?  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games