Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
The worst " TXT TLK " word ever invented! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate TXT TLK?
  Yes, I type out all my words!
  Wtf r u tlkn about? ( DO NOT USE THIS IN THE GUILD! )
View Results

Wiianddsfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:55 am
In your own opinion, what is the worst, stupidest, most awful TXT TLK word ever invented?

I think it is............ HLLO, I mean, you just left out ONE letter! Is it so difficult to type an E for god's sake?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:46 pm
'Teh'. Is it seriously so hard to fix your typos? It's OK if it's done purposely to sound stupid, but doing it accidentally and not fixing it is SO irritating.  

xXBisexual FlanXx

Dapper Genius

egginaframe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:13 pm
"Teh" "liek" and "your" instead of "you're" or vice versa. I swear, go to school, people.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:37 am
gonk
Ugh... The worst 'Txt Tlk' word ever invented... I have a whole list.
But the worst of all, in my opinion, are:
'Teh'
'brb'
'ttly'
and, the ever- popular-
'wtf' and 'OMG'
D:  

xXgoth_girl12Xx

angelswolf121

Partying Codger

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:03 pm
I don't really hate "txt tlk"... when I'm using it. But, then again, I don't get ridiculous...
My list:
u
ur
sum1
ne1
sry
liek
jk just bugs me...
afk

Then there's just anything "L337". That's just... no... Language and numbers should NEVER have combined like that. I hate numbers enough as it is.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:37 am
"de" instead of "the" and "dat" instead of "that."

Since when did "th" morph into a "d".... neutral

Also, "teh", "liek", and anything that uses "j" and "g" interchangebly.  

Henneth Annun

Vyear

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:06 pm
Ugh, it isn't technically "txt tlk" (wow, text talk actually has technicality? XD), but I actually get even more ticked by people who speak l33t on purpose. Not only is it horrible grammar (if it can even be counted as grammar), I get to spend ten minutes deciphering each sentence... stare  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.'u','ur', and 'dat'.

When people use the wrong type of 'your'.

Stuff like that. DxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

DaniAnti

Gwyenevere

Shade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:11 pm
Hllo bothers me, and srry.

Teh bothers me, however I have that in my name because The was taken. >>;

Sides that was my old account and it got banned...>>;

U, ur, dat, de, dis, 2, liek, and sum1.

I mean its okay if your joking around, but doing it purposely is strictly..ignorant.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:16 am
User Image

All of the words.

User Image

Critical Cookies

Avi1313

Aged Codger

2,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:53 pm
Anytime they replace a letter with a number. I can understand using text talk with cellphones; when I run out of room for characters I condense my "You"'s and anything else collapsible. I get annoyed when people replace the "e"'s with 3- it doesn't save any room, so why bother.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:01 pm
Mine are:

u
ur
ilu
srlsy

...and there are probably more, but I don't remember. I've seen those in essays a lot and it takes a lot of restraint to not tear open the student's head when I do. The red pen, however, speaks for me, seeing as it tends to bleed or run out of ink when I write comments lol  

Patron with a Mission

xXHopless RomanceXx

6,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:36 pm
"lyk" Where the hell did the "Y" come from?

"dat" There are no words to describe how much I hate that.

"sum1" and "ne1" Is it REALLY that hard to spell "some" or "any"?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:26 am
I dislike all "txt tlk". I rarely resort to it - only if I'm sending a long text message and need to condense. That's right, most of my text messages are spelled properly and have proper grammar. My mother once texted me "kewl". I nearly reached through the phone and strangled her. She is 46 and a rather intelligent woman, so there is absolutely no reason for her to be using words like that.  

Sachiko13

Population Tire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:28 pm
In my opinion, the purposeful typing any word that is not an abbreviation of the correct spelling should be a misdemeanor, punishable by a $100 Idiot Fine or a night in jail. It is completely unacceptable. No, you are not cute or funny because you replace letters, you are, put simply, stupid. Or, at the very least, you are stupid-sounding, which is dangerously close to stupid, since normal people will not take time out of their schedule to determine whether or not you are in fact a complete ditz. People make assumptions, and as such, it is probably a good idea to yourself assume that being literate implies intelligence.

Also, I must strongly protest the replacement of "th" with "d." Good Lord, are we back in kindergarten? Do we need to go over what the letters are again?  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff