Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Why it is stupid to ban guns Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:02 pm
Think about it. Guns are for more than protection of life, property and country. They are also a huge source of revinue for this country. Hell, it's one of the few things that are actually (mostly) still made here in the US. The sale of and hunting licences and stamps generates millions in tax dollars. The sale of waterfowl and other stamps has already accounted for a great gain in wildlife habitat management, making the environment more stable for wildlife. The sale of firearms and ammo also dumps millions into the economy, which is at a crushing low at this point. Firearms affect jobs not only for the big manufacturers who produce firearms and ammo, but all the way down to the major companies, all the way down to the local sports shops that couldn't make as much of a profit on fishing alone. They also affect local guides who need extra income during the winter. By banning firearms, you would effectively take millions out of the economy while at the same time, laying off thousands or employees. It is only common sense to see that, in addition to drastically losing popularity, the politicians that would support a ban would be taking away the revenue and jobs of millions of the middle class americans they say they care about.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:11 pm
But you don't hunt deer with .50 cal heat-seeking bullets!  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:12 pm
I agree with you on this, plus the fact that most people with half a brain and a workshop can develop at least a semi-auto weapon from scratch.

And really to add on to your statement i can't wait till we get to the point in society where people realize we need crime. Imagine how many millions of jobs and billions of dollars would be lost if we didn't have crime?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:11 pm
war_junky 91
I agree with you on this, plus the fact that most people with half a brain and a workshop can develop at least a semi-auto weapon from scratch.

And really to add on to your statement i can't wait till we get to the point in society where people realize we need crime. Imagine how many millions of jobs and billions of dollars would be lost if we didn't have crime?
It is actually easier to make a full-auto than a semi, thanks to the way the sear works.  

uryu ishida

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:16 pm
war_junky 91

Why the hell are Germans using an M2?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:51 am
Because the Germans knew how ******** awesome it is.

That and they often used captured weapons.  

OberFeldwebel

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:02 am
OberFeldwebel
Because the Germans knew how ******** awesome it is.

That and they often used captured weapons.

The Germans were famous for taking captured weapons and other resources to improve their military strength.

Aircraft, tanks, ships. Name it. But they were not alone. I have reprints of WW II US Army manuals for using both German and Japanese front line weapons. Seems we were just as ready to grab anything we could use to fight if the need came up.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:40 am
Fresnel
But you don't hunt deer with .50 cal heat-seeking bullets!

Armor Piercing Heat Seeking Incendiary Rounds..........

Fixt.  

Crash Maniac

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:40 pm
I was referring to more of a total ban. But anyways, see economy.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:14 pm
Man of the Demoneye

Well, a total ban would take out a lot of the cash flow.

It would make a high percentage of the hunters shift to buying more food from suppliers.

Something would have to be done with the increased deer population.
Car accidents would increase because of aforementioned deer surplus.

Even worse if they go, "******** you, bows count since they launch projectiles! Lolzorz!!!!111110ne1!! They're silent too so they're stealthy and ninja like."

So we'll get a bunch of deer with that deadly disease running around getting run over by cars costing millions of dollars in damages and cost of response to the accidents. I may just be underestimating the damages too.

Not to mention the amount of suffering they'll go through after eating up all their food. But we wont let that happen so we'll have the DNR go out and supply food to them with tax payer money.  

OberFeldwebel

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:09 am
OberFeldwebel
Man of the Demoneye

It would make a high percentage of the hunters shift to buying more food from suppliers.

Even worse if they go, "******** you, bows count since they launch projectiles! Lolzorz!!!!111110ne1!! They're silent too so they're stealthy and ninja like."

So we'll get a bunch of deer with that deadly disease running around getting run over by cars costing millions of dollars in damages and cost of response to the accidents. I may just be underestimating the damages too.

Not to mention the amount of suffering they'll go through after eating up all their food. But we wont let that happen so we'll have the DNR go out and supply food to them with tax payer money.

I see it too much around where I am. Problem is that it is a shitload of deer and nowhere to hunt. Anyways, you can't hunt snowgeese with a bow, and if you could, it would be hard as hell. You can't really appriciate this little fact until you have seen firsthand what one swarm of a couple thousand snows can do to a wheat field in one afternoon. It's literally dirt about the size of a football field.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:22 pm
Man of the Demoneye
OberFeldwebel
Man of the Demoneye

I see it too much around where I am. Problem is that it is a shitload of deer and nowhere to hunt. Anyways, you can't hunt snowgeese with a bow, and if you could, it would be hard as hell. You can't really appriciate this little fact until you have seen firsthand what one swarm of a couple thousand snows can do to a wheat field in one afternoon. It's literally dirt about the size of a football field.

They don't give a s**t.
"That's what farmer's insurance is for."

You must remember that the people we're dealing with are highly unreasonable.

Oh crap, I completely forgot about water fowl.
That would be just as bad.
They would have that many fowl to vaccinate against the avian flu or whatever it's called. More tax payer spending.

They also wanted to pass this thing that would give more money to saving natural resources.
Exactly how much money do they get from the ******** lottery?
If you take your cut up front don't they get about 50% or more of it?
A metric ******** ton is the answer to that. They just want more money so that they can fund their business expenditures.

In my opinion, people who embezzle, should off themselves like Dwyer. Or you know, if unwilling, be offed.  

OberFeldwebel

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:48 pm
1. Why the hell are quotes still not working?

2. I have seen that deer scenario before, it was a wildlife presevere around here happened back when i was a kid, but i remember hearing my dad talking about it. The deer numbers were so low they banned hunting there and brought in some deer, and nobody hunted there for ten years, and eventually they were hauling dead deer out by the truck load because there was so many they ate all the food and the rest starved.

They re-instated hunting and the problem was fixed.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:06 pm
Quote:
1. Why the hell are quotes still not working?

2. I have seen that deer scenario before, it was a wildlife presevere around here happened back when i was a kid, but i remember hearing my dad talking about it. The deer numbers were so low they banned hunting there and brought in some deer, and nobody hunted there for ten years, and eventually they were hauling dead deer out by the truck load because there was so many they ate all the food and the rest starved.

They re-instated hunting and the problem was fixed.
They banned beaver trapping in MA, and now they're flooding subdivisions. They tried to contract trappers from out of state, but they were caught by the local PD entering the state, searched, and imprisoned for illegal possession of beaver traps. Now nobody dares enter the state to trap beavers, the politicians are too stubborn to repeal the laws, and the subdivisions are slowly flooding.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:25 am
The whole point of banning guns is, supposedly, to "prevent criminals from obtaining them."

What it REALLY does is ensure that ONLY the criminals have guns. Even my dad says the gun control doesn't work- and he won't own a gun. Something about three angry teenagers living under one roof.......  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff