Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Another reason we need guns.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CptBlackKawk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:54 pm
So, I can't sleep now due to my mother just scaring the living ******** out of me.
Basically, every so often, she'll have a nightmare and scream in her sleep...Well, she just did...Screamed bloody murder.
I'm a big protector of my loved ones.
So, basically, in less than three seconds, I jumped from my computer chair, grabbed my shotgun, spilled my box of shells grabbing three shots, loaded them into the shotgun, sprinted upstairs and to my parent's room with my shotgun at my shoulder.
I yelled "You alright?" as I was about to load a shell into the chamber, and they told me she just had a nightmare.
I'm still shook up about it and still have my shotgun loaded next to my bed.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:39 pm
Why the hell was it unloaded?  

uryu ishida

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:35 pm
I tried explaining that s**t to my aunt, but she didn't seem to get it.

The gun control people said you have to have your guns locked up at all times unless you are using them. stare

Supposedly if I have a holster on the back of my bed so I can reach behind the pillow and lock&load the kids will find the gun and do something stupid.

Yeah like Jr. is going to climb all over me in my sleep, some how grab my gun from behind my head, and run off with it without me noticing anything at all. stare

I believe Erwin Rommel said it best when he said mortal danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas.

Seriously even just having the gun holstered in the house is bad to her. She wants a gun to protect herself, but I'm willing to bet she would keep her gun locked up in a safe in her room, then keep the ammo locked in a separate safe on the opposite end of the house.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:53 am
I prefer to have my cary pistol on my person when practical, then locked up where no one else will have easy access to it.

My older brother lost some of the family's best guns when he had an open door policy for his friends. We're still not talking to him because of that ******** up.

Thankfully I now live on my own in a good neighborhood filled with like minded folks who won't hesitate to defend what is theirs and keep an eye out for their neighbors. No rentals or party houses.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Xarich

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:26 am
I dont have any real guns.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:16 pm
Yeah I don't get the whole, "omfg lock your guns up seperately from the ammunition" thing.
Sure it would make it a pain for the kids to get to them but in an emergency, you have that much of a pain.
Even though you have the combo or the key, your hands will be shaking and in the hurry you might forget.  

OberFeldwebel

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:33 pm
OberFeldwebel
Yeah I don't get the whole, "omfg lock your guns up seperately from the ammunition" thing.
Sure it would make it a pain for the kids to get to them but in an emergency, you have that much of a pain.
Even though you have the combo or the key, your hands will be shaking and in the hurry you might forget.
Yeah we have the guns in the gun safe then the ammo in a smaller safe inside the gun safe. All the revolver and derringer ammo is in the ammo safe, but we have a couple hundred rounds of .22 ammo in the gun safe outside the ammo safe, and most of our guns are .22s.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:10 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Yeah we have the guns in the gun safe then the ammo in a smaller safe inside the gun safe. All the revolver and derringer ammo is in the ammo safe, but we have a couple hundred rounds of .22 ammo in the gun safe outside the ammo safe, and most of our guns are .22s.

So, you have the ammo for your home defense one in the same place?

Hold on, I'm currently uploading the 2nd reason you need a gun.

Terms of ******** youtube.

Anyway, here's one that someone else uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W91EWQv4Fc  

OberFeldwebel

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:07 pm
We have a gun safe, but nothing is in it lol. About five feet from the gun safe we have a gun rack and corner we lean our guns (in cases). And the gun rack is the one with the little lockable compartment on the bottom.

On the gun rack we have a .22, a single barrel 12 guage (1 shot), a WW1 or 2 rifle (bolt action) will find out more about it later (did research, it is a SMLE No. 4 Mk 1, a British ww1 rifle, even though stamped on the side is Property of the U.S. Goverment lol), along with a full magazine for the rifle laying on the gun rack plus a canvas hip bag full of another 100+ rounds in stripper clips, there is also a full box of .22 ammo laying out on the gun rack, plus about twenty 12 guage shells stood up. And about two feet away are two 12 guage shotguns with a 3 shell capacity. Plus through the adjoining door right by the gun rack, leads to my dads room, about five feet from that door is his dresser with his handgun.

So yea, i feel pretty protected in this house lol. Oh i forgot to mention the compound bow with about 8 bullet point arrows on the gun rack as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:11 pm
+1 to Uryu

On the topic of Black people being stupid: Leprechaun in Mobile, Alabama  

Freak_090
Captain

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:02 pm
Quote:
did research, it is a SMLE No. 4 Mk 1, a British ww1 rifle, even though stamped on the side is Property of the U.S. Goverment lol
...You have a Savage Arms No. 4 Mk 1*? That's impressive. You've got a piece of history there.

I've a couple boxes of ammo on top of the safe in my room, but the bulk of it is in the garage. I'm the youngest in my house, so we don't much care. I could probably leave the thing locked and loaded on safe next to my bed and my parents wouldn't much care, but I'm not taking that chance.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:33 am
Screw the shotgun next to the bed, I'm installing a booby trap in my hallway. It will consist of an old-flip-out ironing board, some string and an autoloading shottie with those slug/buckshot shells, or whatever they're called. Biggy won't know what hit him.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

CptBlackKawk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:39 am
uryu ishida
Why the hell was it unloaded?

Because my .22 was loaded, instead. =D

My shotgun was the closest weapon to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:14 pm
Freak_090
+1 to Uryu

On the topic of Black people being stupid: Leprechaun in Mobile, Alabama

... are you sure that's not fake?

There's no way that they all can be that ******** retarded.  

OberFeldwebel

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff