beanclam

Fashionable Star

4,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:32 am
This is the first Tokyopop series I bought and completed. ^_^

When TP announced at AX 2004 that they were re-releasing the Sorcerer Hunters manga in the original right to left format, I flipped! And a few days ago, I found out that my editor is also doing the script re-write/re-translation of the book! Yay!!!!

Here's what she e-mailed me after I told her that I was looking forward to the Sorcerer Hunters re-release:

"Sorcerer Hunters is getting a pretty major upgrade, with new covers, a color page, un-flippage, and my re-write/re-translation of the
script.

...I'm having a hell of a time with Carrot's malapropisms, though. smile He makes the worst, untranslatable puns. I really wasn't that impressed with
volume 1 as a whole, but the story gets underway with 2, and I'm starting to enjoy it a lot. Once the writer got over the initial excitement about the S&M Tira gag, things get a lot more interesting.

Anyway, the books look pretty cool, so I'm glad someone will be buying
them!"

I'm so excited! ^_____^  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:34 pm
I'd be interested in buying the re-release...especially with what you've stated, about the color pages and stuff. I love Dotta/Dautta/Daughter/whateverrr.

I haven't seen all the anime or read much of the manga...but I'm interested. *has the first DVD* sweatdrop  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

lizstar

7,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:40 pm
That's really neat that someone you know is working on the re-released. I haven't read this series....but this is good news!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:52 am
I have the entire Socerer Hunters series and in need of a new volume one and two but beyond that I don't think I'll be buying all of the release. that's $130 right there and it's a $130 I would rather be spending on manga I haven't read before. 3nodding  

Masquanade
Crew

SakuyaSama1220

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:04 pm
it is a good series  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:49 pm
I think that it sounds cool I'll put it on my 2 buy list.  

anime_fan_9002

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:57 am
I've seen some of the anime but I haven't read any of the manga. My boyfriend would know more about the series than me.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:59 pm
I think Sorcerer Hunters is a great series. I've seen the anime and read some of the manga. When I heard TP is re-releasing them I was happy that I waited to see if they would so I could buy the whole set in the new format.  

LadyAmethyst

Higashi17

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:50 pm
I've only read one volume of the series (Vol. 3 . . . . I laughed so hard too), but I am awaiting this! At least it'll be a couple of bucks cheaper than the original release (and in the left-to-right style too! w00t), so I might try to get the whole series.

The anime is really good. Not the best, but it'll crack you up! (I've watched most of it . . .)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:36 am
Higashi17
I've only read one volume of the series (Vol. 3 . . . . I laughed so hard too), but I am awaiting this! At least it'll be a couple of bucks cheaper than the original release (and in the left-to-right style too! w00t), so I might try to get the whole series.

The anime is really good. Not the best, but it'll crack you up! (I've watched most of it . . .)

Still $10. xp  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

IapetusNeume

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:44 pm
Sorcerer Hunters is my favorite manga series of all time, and when I heard that they were going to re-release it, I flipped out. And even though I already have the whole series, I want to buy it again so I have the cleaned up and refurbished version of it. I think it is the *only* series I'd be willing to buy the whole series over again for.

And... I'm so glad this time around it'll only be $10. It was a MINIMUM of $12 each last time...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:33 am
Mika Relie
I've seen some of the anime but I haven't read any of the manga. My boyfriend would know more about the series than me.

The anime is funny. There a few stories in the anime that was strictly to the anime and I wished they popped up in the manga, though the manga is a lot better. They only have like four episodes of the actual plot and that's what I didn't like about it. They didn't do any justice to the plot of the series (once get passed all that funny one chapter stories).  

Masquanade
Crew

Sakkakuookami

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:57 am
I've seen all of the anime but only read 3 of the manga... it was ok  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items