Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

free poll for everyone
  added by moonlight ^_^
View Results

sailercat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:06 am
Hiya, i'm new to this forum! Anyway i've heard from a friend that there's a new romantic vampire story that's coming to theatures called twilight. And it sounds REALLY good ^^. Anywho I really would like to find out what it's about and all...so if you've read the book could you please give me a heads up on what it's about? Thanks for your awesome kindness! ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:10 am
Mmm, well, since you're new, lemme just let you know that you should make a poll with every thread you create here.

I personally think that Twilight is an overblown fad, rather similar to the Harry Potter craze. There have been better books, and it's definitely been put on a higher pedestal than it deserves.

Flyentologist

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:51 am
Hey there! ^_^ Welcome to the guild and wow! How brave you made a topic already!! (normally I dont' see new members making topics. ^^) I'll go ahead and add a poll in your topic. 3nodding

I have read twilight! I have the first book actually but afterward it wasn't that great. At least try the first book but I really don't recommned any of the others. lol I agree thought it is too over rated.

I thought it was already out in theaters but I guess not. o_o!

Bascially, it's about a girl that moves to a new town and ends up meeting a boy that tends to try to avoid her for some reaosn. They end up getting to know each other and fall in love but lots of events happen in between. ^_^"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:48 am
My sisters read the series. I don't know much about them, but I don't like what I've heard.

Not that that has stopped them from being popular.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

sailercat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:01 pm
Oh sorry (i've already been scorned on my first post), i'll try to remember next time. ^-^

I've already brought the book but after hearing about the other books i dont think i'll buy anymore. I can't wait to get to the good parts!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:26 pm
Don't worry-you're not the first to forget. ^_^ *hugs 4 you*  

0Moon_Maiden0

Evil Pillows

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:10 pm
When did we have the big Twilight discussion and I went completely crazy with details? About a year ago? Lol xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:30 pm
I'm not sure when t was. I couldn't find the thread.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Evil Pillows

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:15 pm
I think it started as just a "Have you read these books?" thread, and grew into a Twilight discussion.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:22 am
Oh yeah! I think there was where everyone was also recommending books. ^_^" I vaguely remember something like that.

@Sailorcat
It's OK about the poll. ^_^ Everyone does it either at first or once in a while even if you're not new.
But read the first one that you bought...then borrow the other one from the library I'd say. Just to see if you like it. Just in case you don't like it you don't waste your money. ^_^  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:13 pm
I read Twilight.

All four books.

I agree with iGoldman. I think it's just an overhyped craze. Edward is not a god like people make him out to be and Bella is a mary-sue which irritates me.

The series goes downhill after the first book. I read the last one purely from curiousity of how the freaking series ended. I was so ready for it to end.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:16 pm
I tried the first one, but I couldn't get into it at all. The characters just really annoyed me. >.<  

palindrome88

sailercat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:14 pm
oh i see. i've already read the book! it's soo good! *hugs back 0Moon_Maiden0* i wonder if the movie will be that good...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:21 pm
My sister wa sgoing on about wnating to read it and see the film, but form what i've read on the 'net it seems pretty much a 'ongz squee' mary-sue hype. You now the 'ooogh i'm so angsty' type.

I think vampires have fallen out of my taste. I love gothic, but of late i've not been in the mood for any Anne Rice-esque drama that inevitably comes with vampires. *leshrug*  

dragontamer363
Crew

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:49 pm
dragontamer363
My sister wa sgoing on about wnating to read it and see the film, but form what i've read on the 'net it seems pretty much a 'ongz squee' mary-sue hype. You now the 'ooogh i'm so angsty' type.

I think vampires have fallen out of my taste. I love gothic, but of late i've not been in the mood for any Anne Rice-esque drama that inevitably comes with vampires. *leshrug*

I've never been a fan of vampires so I've never read Anne Rice and for some reason that suprises people very much.

What I find really annoying about Twilight is since everyone and their mother has read the series and fallen in love with it they think that's how vampires are supposed to be now. They're supposed to sparkle in the sun and not have fangs and such and it irritates me.

I'm just very annoyed with the Twilight craze in general. I happened to be at a Borders while they had a Twilight event and I heard someone talking about reading a different vampire series and they couldn't go out in the sun because they'd burn and they had fangs and they were saying as they read it they were thinking "No, that's not how vampires are supposed to be, they're supposed to sparkle" and I wanted to slap that girl.

If I'd known that event was going on I probably would not have even gone to Borders to begin with, I was just going to get a Photoshop for Dummies book and Lolita since I'd been wanting to read it.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff