Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Game Informer Question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

garrasdevil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:12 am
First of, how much is it to subscribe, and how much do you get off used acceseries and games?

Also does anyone know of an OFFECIAL xbox magazine (like nintendo power) made by microsoft?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:55 am
I'm not sure how much it is to subscribe per se... but I think you get like 2% off of purchases at Gamestop when you get the subscription there. sweatdrop

Yes, there is a official Xbox magazine, just like magazines for Nintendo or Sony. It should easily be found where you look for gaming or electronic magazines at your magazine stand or convinence store. sweatdrop  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Im Mr Turtle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:37 am
OMG i just saw one recently but payed no attention to it >.> It was in walbaums if that helps sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:57 pm
It's 10% off used accesories and games. Don't know about systems.

Also, you get a 15% increase on your trade-ins, and with certain new (and specifically marked) games you can save up to $30 when trading in two games at once. And believe me, the most you'll ever get on a trade-in is about $20.

But GI is useful in keeping informed of upcoming titles.  

pathetic_negi_magician

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:42 am
garrasdevil
First of, how much is it to subscribe, and how much do you get off used acceseries and games?

Also does anyone know of an OFFECIAL xbox magazine (like nintendo power) made by microsoft?

OXM does exist and you can get a trial issue you can receive. ill look for the page and post it later if i find it. they issue is well done and you get free excluive gamer pics which are nice too. i keep all the issues in a rack next to the camote for great reading.

i have both OXM and GI and i get alot of useful info from both of them and i love the articles they write. i also have EGM but im cancelling it, its not worth it with the new chief editor. they are going online only soon so thank god.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:29 am
Game Informaer sucks, dont bother. Their reviews are awfull.

Also buy games online, Much cheaper and better quiality. Sell games to friends you makre more money, don't trade in It's a freaking rip-off.  

Pachulo

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:19 am
Game Informer may not be the most quality of reviews out there, but they do well to inform those who would otherwise be cut off of the whole gaming news network, not to mention also expands their focus a little outside gaming as well. So for those want relatively ok reviews and something to entertain them for a good hour-hour and a half, Game Informer at least does it's job there... despite that it could do better. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:04 am
Pachulo
Game Informaer sucks, dont bother. Their reviews are awfull.

Also buy games online, Much cheaper and better quiality. Sell games to friends you makre more money, don't trade in It's a freaking rip-off.

I am content with Game Informers reviews. They have gotten better over the years and they are accurate on there previews too. I read about the amazing new batman game months before others and they do get the job done. i have 2 years left and i paid nothing for the subscription. Just go to gamestop and buy like 2 or 3 used cheap games that you want and BOOM! free year subscription with discounts included in your mag. pirate

If you buy games online, i recomend Gamefly. I just bought Devi May Cry 4 for $12 and going to buy The Club for $9. DMC4 was in immaculate condition and the case still had the seal on it, even though it was broken. And of course trading in games is a big loss in your money, its just a way stores make a bigger profit.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces