Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Evil PM strikes again

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

egginaframe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:20 am
This time, it struck on me. I think that I need to get rid of the sentence in my profile that says that I love random PMs.

Quote:
hey u liek da beetles n da doords ok like there old and their dead and cant you like moosic frum 2day? liek listen to liek idk but w/e u no? liek i cant belive u r so peedee liek u hav a face get wut im sain?

Ahem, it's the Beatles and the Doors, thank you very much.

I'm peedee? I don't think that I want to know what that means, to tell you the truth.

Why, yes, I do have a face. You just don't seem to have a brain.

Will someone tell me what is wrong with people today? Also the fact that I went to that guy's profile and it says he's ninteen...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:44 pm
Queen of the Highway
This time, it struck on me. I think that I need to get rid of the sentence in my profile that says that I love random PMs.

Quote:
hey u liek da beetles n da doords ok like there old and their dead and cant you like moosic frum 2day? liek listen to liek idk but w/e u no? liek i cant belive u r so peedee liek u hav a face get wut im sain?

I'm peedee? I don't think that I want to know what that means, to tell you the truth.

Will someone tell me what is wrong with people today? Also the fact that I went to that guy's profile and it says he's ninteen...

I think that lizard brain meant 'pretty'. And if he listens to todays music, then I would not have any ears for it. Does todays' music actually decrease the listeners intelligence level?  

wolfen26

Conservative Werewolf

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Swell Sundae

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:33 pm
eek

You could change that sentence to literate random PMs and see if that makes any difference. confused (Probably not... might, but that's least likely. Not many online seem to know what literate means. ._. )

Oh, and not all of the music today is bad. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:11 pm
wolfen26
Queen of the Highway

Quote:

I think that lizard brain meant 'pretty'. And if he listens to todays music, then I would not have any ears for it. Does todays' music actually decrease the listeners intelligence level?

I think it does. LOL.  

egginaframe

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:32 pm
Wow, you have a face? Guess what- me, too!

We have so much in common!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:18 pm
Queen of the Highway

Will someone tell me what is wrong with people today? Also the fact that I went to that guy's profile and it says he's nineteen...

I think that lizard brain meant 'pretty'. And if he listens to today's music, then I would not have any ears for it. Does today's music actually decrease the listeners intelligence level?

I think it does. LOL.

Three things:

1. And a pretty one at that, mate. wink

2. Being in the company of grammatically-retarded, immature, ego-hungry pea brains is a fact of life, at least on the so-called "internets".

If those words don't do justice, feel free to top my rather short list.

3. I agree with you, but only if taken in complete excess, to the point of absurd retardation. The moderation approach is always best, if you ask me. If you disagree with me, that's just fine by me.

If everyone's the same, life would be indefinitely boring.  

Natsuri

Critical Cookies

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:16 pm
User Image
Dancing bunny!

She/he does not really have a point.

User Image"Stayin' Alive" by Bee Gees.User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:48 pm
I think that I died a little inside tonight... D:

Master Akhekhu Crocell

Katurrah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:11 am
What is it that almost no one under the age of 15 can spell the word 'like' correctly? I'm still trying to figure out how they learned how to type. {No, young one, you don't hold your keyboard like your text phone.}  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:12 am
Quote:

Let me see if I can understand this [censored]. [My comments are in brackets.]

Quote:
Hey; You like the Beatles and the Doors? Okay... They're, like, old and they're dead[Not all of them; Only John Lennon, George Harrison, and Stuart Sutcliffe are dead in the Beatles. John Morrison from the Doors is dead] and can't you like music from today?[No I cannot] Like, listen to, like, [what's with the 'like's?] I don't know, but whatever, you know? [No, I don't] Like, I can't believe you're so Pee Dee [That's a river in South Carolina], like, [Again with the 'like's!] you have a face![so do I!] Get what I'm saying? [No, I do not]

Wow. I feel so sorry for you.  

Farrago

Proxy Codger

Farrago

Proxy Codger

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:21 am
Me: Do you have dyslexia?
Daft: WAT????
Me: Dyslexia. Do... You... Have... It... ?...
Daft: LIEK WTF D OU MEAN?
Me: *sigh* Do you have dyslexia?
Daft: IDK WAT U MEN!
Me: What's your GPA?
Daft: WAT? OH... -4.0
Me: That explains so much.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items