Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fall Out Boy/The Guild
Can somebody help me?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

music is living

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:20 pm
I'm trying to get my mom to drive me to a fob concert and I need things that I can say to her to make her give in! Here's the (mostly) pros and cons and things I've used.

Pros
Fall Out Boy (duh!) and The Academy Is... and We The Kings!!!!!! (major love right there)
$40 tickets
club show (as in giant mosh and ability to get right up front)
M&G after that the place almost makes that bands do as a part of playing there
900 or less venue

Cons
3 hours away (which is nothing for fob)
about $75 for gas to get there
money for my mom to be occupied while she's waiting
driving back at 3 in the morning or getting a hotel

Guilt trips
I had tickets when fob came here on effing HALLOWEEN last year and still have the tickets but she never let me done and they mock me. lol.

I've tried crying (even though I really was b/c she had said no)

how I have everything they've ever done

how this might be my last chance b/c they have one more u.s. stop then off to Japan and Austraila

and how Pete's kid is coming this weekend and they might even cancel this!

PLEASE PEOPLE!!! I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:28 am
OK, kid, here's what you do: you aid the monetary cause. Adults are more willing to let you do stuff if they think you're becoming more responsible, and they equate responsibility with money. Rake leaves around the neighborhood, babysit someone's kids, do extra chores around the house, whatever you can do for some spare scratch, and put that cash towards the tickets and trip. Your mom will be impressed as hell that you've taken the initiative, and you'll have the sweet satisfaction of tricking her into thinking you're more responsible than you actually are. wink  

DaziLi

Dulcet Bloodsucker

17,925 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200

music is living

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:48 pm
okay, here's the thing with that: I've done all of that!! I've cleaned the entire house spotless and I've showed responibility and I have the money!! She's being super tough about this and Idk why. But thanks for helping me! If you think of anything else PLEASE let me know!!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:06 pm
Well, my next suggestion would be to bill it as a bonding experience. You've only got so much time before you'll have a driver's license or a friend with one to get you to concerts without her, and before she knows it you'll be off at college. Doesn't she want to be able to think back fondly on how happy her little girl was at that Fall Out Boy concert? wink The threat of an empty nest has driven moms to agree to more radical things than this.  

DaziLi

Dulcet Bloodsucker

17,925 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200

music is living

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:40 pm
haha. that's a very good idea. You seem like a pro at his. lol. jk. but the thing with that is that she would just drop me and my friend off. She can't stand concerts no matter who it is because it's too loud for her. But I will try that anyway. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:01 am
I'd really like to help you, but that stuff doesn't happen in my family. I don't have to make my parents give in, I'm sorry, I couldn't come up with anything.

Mrs Joe Trohman

music is living

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:55 pm
Mrs Joe Trohman
I'd really like to help you, but that stuff doesn't happen in my family. I don't have to make my parents give in, I'm sorry, I couldn't come up with anything.

Oh, Okay. Thanks for trying though.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:28 pm
Have you worn her down yet? I've got a few more tricks on tap if you need them. wink  

DaziLi

Dulcet Bloodsucker

17,925 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200

music is living

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:38 pm
DaziLi
Have you worn her down yet? I've got a few more tricks on tap if you need them. wink

I'm pretty sure it's a no but I'd love to hear your tricks for next time.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:34 am
Firstly, start in the second you first hear about it, sometimes you can wear them down over time simply by not shutting up about it for months, a la the earlier episodes of The Simpsons. Peer pressure helps as well, so if you have any friends that your mom's friendly with their parents, maybe you could carpool to save money, and that way she'd have someone to hang with while you're at the concert. Power in numbers, man. And the main thing to remember is, you can't give up. You CAN'T give up, don't back down even for a second, even if you think the cause is lost. You have to let her know that this means a lot to you and just how badly you want to go. whee  

DaziLi

Dulcet Bloodsucker

17,925 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200

music is living

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:34 pm
DaziLi
Firstly, start in the second you first hear about it, sometimes you can wear them down over time simply by not shutting up about it for months, a la the earlier episodes of The Simpsons. Peer pressure helps as well, so if you have any friends that your mom's friendly with their parents, maybe you could carpool to save money, and that way she'd have someone to hang with while you're at the concert. Power in numbers, man. And the main thing to remember is, you can't give up. You CAN'T give up, don't back down even for a second, even if you think the cause is lost. You have to let her know that this means a lot to you and just how badly you want to go. whee

thank you but unfortunatly she still is saying no and the tickets are sold out...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:36 am
Owwell, babe, we tried. At least now you've got new tactics in your arsenal, it'll just be a matter of wearing her down next time. 3nodding  

DaziLi

Dulcet Bloodsucker

17,925 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200

music is living

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:03 pm
DaziLi
Owwell, babe, we tried. At least now you've got new tactics in your arsenal, it'll just be a matter of wearing her down next time. 3nodding

Yeah, crying I do have some hope on seeing them though. I might be able to go to jingleball. There's a thing that's before it that's sort of like a pre-concert concert with a battle of the bands and they'll be giving some tickets out...so maybe... sweatdrop  
Fall Out Boy/The Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games