Total Votes : 15

xRuriRuri

Feisty Hunter

12,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:57 am
i'll be graduating from high school 5 months from now.

i was wondering..
which course do you think is better?

:3

i'll appreciate your comments.

3nodding

4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:41 am
IT All the way!

Its my course uhm let see.... 6 years from now. xp  

LordKiston

1,325 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:19 am
I say computer Science n.n  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:35 am
is it easy to find a job with those courses?.
coz i really like to have a computer course.

:]  

xRuriRuri

Feisty Hunter

12,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:58 pm
What do you think will be needed 5 years from now?
What will land you the better job?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:07 am
The magical land of computers is split in to three groups of people...Those that use the end product...Those that create the interface that the end product users use...And those that create the structure and logic that allows the creation peeps to create...

Right now, you're sat in group 1...

Computer Science is generally pointless - it makes you much better than other people in group 1, but you're still in group 1...So unless you're using it as a stepping stone towards software engineering (3rd group)...No point...

Group 2...It's more interesting than 1 and 3, and it requires less maths and physics knowledge than group 3...But the money isn't as good...

If you opt for the group 2 however, it'll make the switch to group 3 more difficult...

Elendil Telperien

Daerius Ravenlord

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:31 am
Elendil Telperien
The magical land of computers is split in to three groups of people...Those that use the end product...Those that create the interface that the end product users use...And those that create the structure and logic that allows the creation peeps to create...

Computer Science is generally pointless - it makes you much better than other people in group 1, but you're still in group 1...So unless you're using it as a stepping stone towards software engineering (3rd group)...No point...

Group 2...It's more interesting than 1 and 3, and it requires less maths and physics knowledge than group 3...But the money isn't as good...

If you opt for the group 2 however, it'll make the switch to group 3 more difficult...

Listen to this guy. He hit it bang on the head. I put Computer Science, only because knowing the lower tier stuff can help a lot in understanding what you are doing in the upper tiers (knowing about hardware and software is better than just software for example) but in todays market and the trends that are showing...yeah. Elendil is right. Of course its ultimately up to you and what you want out of a career.

Good luck!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:33 am
Daerius Ravenlord
Elendil Telperien

Listen to this guy. He hit it bang on the head. I put Computer Science, only because knowing the lower tier stuff can help a lot in understanding what you are doing in the upper tiers (knowing about hardware and software is better than just software for example) but in todays market and the trends that are showing...yeah. Elendil is right. Of course its ultimately up to you and what you want out of a career.

Good luck!
Please refrain from reviving old threads. smile
Thank you.

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Manage Your Items