Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Tail of the Moon Prequel: The Other Hanzo(u)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:20 pm
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:21 pm
Story

Set in feudal Japan, a young woman is found with a huge scar on her back and no memory of who she is. She’s given the name "Kaguya" and taken in by a local brothel where she's put in charge of babysitting and housekeeping duties. Hanzou, the head guard of the nearby castle, starts to pursue her and realizes later that they’ve actually met before...and are enemies! (It turns out this young woman is one of Oda Nobunaga's daughters--Princess Sara.)In the second story, Oda Nobunaga sends Sara to infiltrate the ninja town of Iga to steal a secret gunpowder formula. She is to go under the guise of being the prospective bride of Hanzo Hattori, one of the high-ranking ninja leaders of Iga. Sara willingly goes along with the plan because she doesn't realize that she's got her Hanzo(u)s mixed up!

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:21 pm
Creator

Rinko Ueda is from Nara prefecture. She enjoys listening to the radio, drama CDs, and Rakugo comedy performances. Her works include Ryo, a series based on the legend of Gyojo Bridge, Home, a story about love crossing national boundaries, and Tail of the Moon (Tsuki no Shippo), a romantic ninja comedy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:23 pm
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 1 volume
Status in US :: 1/1 released

User Image

Set in feudal Japan, a young woman is found with a huge scar on her back and no memory of who she is. She’s given the name "Kaguya" and taken in by a local brothel where she's put in charge of babysitting and housekeeping duties. Hanzou, the head guard of the nearby castle, starts to pursue her and realizes later that they’ve actually met before...and are enemies! (It turns out this young woman is one of Oda Nobunaga's daughters--Princess Sara.) In the second story, Oda Nobunaga sends Sara to infiltrate the ninja town of Iga to steal a secret gunpowder formula. She is to go under the guise of being the prospective bride of Hanzo Hattori, one of the high-ranking ninja leaders of Iga. Sara willingly goes along with the plan because she doesn't realize that she's got her Hanzo(u)s mixed up!

kel aka gandy
Captain

Clayra

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:27 pm
I'm actually quite happy about this prequel. I really like Tail of the Moon and I always enjoyed stories about the second hand people in mangas. I always wondered about them.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:53 pm
There's a prequel? Awesome! I love Hanzou!! =^_^=  

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:13 am
Another reason to look forward to summer! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:24 pm
I didn't really read Tail of the Moon while it was serialized, so the story is new to me. However, the prequel in the latest issue was really good! I really liked it, so I think I ought to go back and read Tail of the Moon again.  

writerserenyty

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:30 pm
This was alright, but not as good as the original Tail of the Moon series.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:40 am
i looked through it and thought that it looked cool  

protecterofelements

Kanna_chisamii

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:05 pm
I really liked tail of the moon, so when I heard there was going to be a prequel, I was tempted to buy it lol
But this was a good manga...can't wait for her new series to come out in April (?)  
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games