Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
My Abcense

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:44 pm
I was banned for three days for "flaming". I came back yesterday.

Now, although you probably didn't hear about it because I wasn't here, did anyone else participate in National Ammo Day?

I purchased 100 rounds each of 9mm Luger and .45ACP, although I don't own anything in either caliber--yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:51 pm
xd Well I instantly referenced this in my mind to the "you know you're a gun nut when..." thread back from the first days of the guild. I forget who said it, but someone said if you find old boxes of ammunition whos caliber didn't match a gun you ever owned. It was something along those lines. xd  

Rommel_Desert_Fox

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:06 pm
I bought a box of 40 Winchester .223 hollowpoints. It was considerably more than the Remingtons, but I just can't bear to buy Remington ammo anymore.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:22 pm
Fres, you'd better buy 60 more rounds of ANY caliber before too long, National Ammo Day's standards are 100 rounds total.

I MEANT to buy 50 rounds each of 9mm and .45ACP, but since I have ot have Mom buy them, I gave her a list to get (as well as a few Mountain House camping meals to try, they were out of stock of everything but the ice cream), but they gave her 100 round value packs instead. Good thing, though, since it turned out to be the same price I had calculated for the 50 round packs.  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:36 pm
uryu ishida
Fres, you'd better buy 60 more rounds of ANY caliber before too long, National Ammo Day's standards are 100 rounds total.

I MEANT to buy 50 rounds each of 9mm and .45ACP, but since I have ot have Mom buy them, I gave her a list to get (as well as a few Mountain House camping meals to try, they were out of stock of everything but the ice cream), but they gave her 100 round value packs instead. Good thing, though, since it turned out to be the same price I had calculated for the 50 round packs.
Ammo ain't cheap, I've been unemployed for three and a half months now, and the bills don't stop. Sorry, but that's about all I can afford. I've got about 400 rounds of .303, a full box of 550 .22LR, and around 200 rounds of .223 now. I can't justify buying more on an empty budget. I shouldn't have even bought what I did, but I felt I should at least make the statement.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:08 pm
Welcome back. Were you engaging in a discussion again?

Well, I guess I missed that one sweatdrop I used ammo, but I guess that doesn't count.

@Fresnel- It sems like Winchester is usually cheaper than remmington around here. May I ask why you don't like it? Bad experience?  

Man of the Demoneye

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:19 pm
Man of the Demoneye
@Fresnel- It sems like Winchester is usually cheaper than remmington around here. May I ask why you don't like it? Bad experience?
I went through about 1100 rounds of Remington Golden Bullet .22, and around one in every three bullets failed to shoot. Then my friend was having cycling problems with Remington .44 Mag, so I don't trust it any more. I think the Winchester was more expensive because it was 44gr hollowpoint, and the Remington was 55gr FMJ.

Also, I've already forgotten what day Ammo Day is, I only learned of its existence that morning. Can someone remind me so I can mark it down on my calendar?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:22 pm
I need to get a Guns event calendar.

... where do you get yours?  

OberFeldwebel

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:29 am
I get my events lists from

www.tngunowners.com
www.thehighroad.us
www.waronguns.blogspot.com
www.thelibertysphere.blogspot.com

And a few others.

National Ammo Day is November 19th.
www.ammoday.com  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:21 am
uryu ishida
I get my events lists from

www.tngunowners.com
www.thehighroad.us
www.waronguns.blogspot.com
www.thelibertysphere.blogspot.com

And a few others.

National Ammo Day is November 19th.
www.ammoday.com

Alright then, noted.  

OberFeldwebel

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:37 am
I was broke on Ammo day, so to make up for it. when i get my check i'm picking up 500 rounds of 9mm. smile  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games