When Edward sucked the venom out of Bella

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PerdxBlade

Rich Genius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:59 pm
In the movie, when Edward sucked the venom out of Bella in the ballet studio, he almost lost control and killed Bella. Did this happen in the book? I don't remember Carlisle saying "Edward, stop. You're killing her." What the hell? I thought he just did it, and was able to stop right away. I don't remember him almost losing control in the book. Did this happen?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:00 pm
Yo have a good point there. Makes me want to look it up. Actually let me go get my book now, I dont remeber that either >.>  

Priestess of the Sky

Friendly Explorer

Priestess of the Sky

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:10 pm
I ment you have a good point. Geez my spelling screws up alot >.>

Qouted from the book.

I felt my consciousness slipping as the pain subsided. I was afraid to fall into the black waters again, afraid I would lose him in the darkness.
"Edward," I tried to say, but couldn't hear my voice.
They could hear me.
"He's right here, Bella."
"Stay, Edward, stay with me. . . ."
"I will." His voice was restrained, but somehow triumphant.
I sighed contentedly. The fire was gone, the other pains dulled by a sleepiness seeping through my body.
"Is it all out?" Carlisle asked from somewhere far away.
"Her blood tastes clean," Edward said quietly. "I can taste the morphine."
"Bella?" Carlisle called to me.
I tried to answer. "Mmmmm?"
"Is the fire gone?"
"Yes," I sighed. "Thank you, Edward."
"I love you," He answered.
"I know," I breathed, so tired.

Edward never lost control or even started to! Gah that makes me sooo mad! scream  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:34 pm
Priestess of the Sky
I ment you have a good point. Geez my spelling screws up alot >.>

Qouted from the book.

I felt my consciousness slipping as the pain subsided. I was afraid to fall into the black waters again, afraid I would lose him in the darkness.
"Edward," I tried to say, but couldn't hear my voice.
They could hear me.
"He's right here, Bella."
"Stay, Edward, stay with me. . . ."
"I will." His voice was restrained, but somehow triumphant.
I sighed contentedly. The fire was gone, the other pains dulled by a sleepiness seeping through my body.
"Is it all out?" Carlisle asked from somewhere far away.
"Her blood tastes clean," Edward said quietly. "I can taste the morphine."
"Bella?" Carlisle called to me.
I tried to answer. "Mmmmm?"
"Is the fire gone?"
"Yes," I sighed. "Thank you, Edward."
"I love you," He answered.
"I know," I breathed, so tired.

Edward never lost control or even started to! Gah that makes me sooo mad! scream
Aw. cry  

PerdxBlade

Rich Genius

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:35 am
I think they did that in the movie to show how Edward could loose control. They sort of did leave out little details that were in the book that never made it in the movie. It was also probably to amp the entertain for those who didn't read the book, and for the look. Like most things done in the movie. Chill, kay?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:47 am
he did told her it was hard for him to stop after he sucked the venom out and they were alone... so I think it was good that it showed him kinda losing control... + it adds tension to the people who didn't read the books >,<  

iJasper Hale

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:22 am
YES! He told her book that it was hard to stop (in the hospital). They just exaggerated a bit, but there is no reason to be upset... it's not completely false....geeze...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:58 am
Huh, I guess I didn't even realize this....
Though, in the movie they did exaggrate just a little more than they should have. His eyes got all big and stuff and it looked absolutely retarted! evil  

InluvwithCullenboys

X-Freiheit93-X

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:07 pm
well i mean guys think about it. that all was told from Bella's POV i mean we dont know if Edward nearly did lose control... i mean we do know that Carlisle didn't say some of that but still i think its fine that they did that since it was directly from Bella's POV anymore if that makes sense  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:21 pm
i actually thought that they did a pretty good job doing this movie, it could have been better but they did an ok job. there could have been more on the vampire's and the storyline. but I still liked it.  

schweet as you

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:38 pm
Well, truthfully speaking, we don't really know what goes on then. Bella was pretty out of it . . .
They did blow it a little bit out of proportion, but in the book Edward does say that for a moment he did think he was going to kill her. Carlisle never does say that, buy maybe something like that was going on.
Bella was hardly conscious.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:15 pm
Your right he did almost kill her in the movie. But in the book he just tasted her blood and said it was clean. It didn't say anything about him almost killing her.  

twilightnerd96

The Twilight Movie

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff