Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

coldfrenzy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:41 am
i don't know if there's already been a topic on this

or if anyone agrees with me on this;

but ever since Twilight became popular and everyone started reading it [don't get me wrong, i love that there's new twilighters] and the movie came out and everything, Twilight just doesn't have the same mood or feeling that it used to have for me. It almost feels like the essence changed a bit. Like it doesn't feel like Twilight anymore. I'm just stating my pointless thoughts sweatdrop
Does anyone else feel this way?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:44 am
Just a little bit. But I don't think the popularity is to balme, I think it's all of the negative stuff with the people who hate Twilight, and the whole Midlight Sun thing.  

Chaotic Waffle Faerie

Mrs Joe Trohman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:29 pm
A little bit, yeah.

I can see that a little.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:45 pm
totally, especially people who have only seen the movie and think they know everything about it ._.
I HATE that... my couz for instance just saw the movie, because I literally forced her to go, and now she's so insanely mad about twilight... yet I told her to read the books, and she said "no I'll wait the movie"...
it kills the whole atmosphere of the books =[  

iJasper Hale

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:34 pm
It got annoying when my friends came up to me (I've been talking to them about Twilight for over a year; I'll add) They said, "OMG can I borrow Twilight from you."

Me: Um....why...?
Friend: i just saw the movie was coming out so I want to read the book.
Me: sweatdrop ....alright...........*confused look*.....haven't I told you to read it in 2006/2007.....
Friend: Yeah...but now I want to get into it.
Me: *faceplant*

I was happy being one of the few fangirls in the school to read all 4 books...and now my school is over populated with girls who want to quiz me on how much I know about Edward....when I'm the person who told them sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:27 pm
-__- yes, I completely agree. Besides, the only reason everyone likes twilight now is because of the movie. They are going to read the book because of the movie, and some won't even bother to read it. And now, haters who haven't even seen or read the book are calling it gay, stupid, and the girliest book ever.  

WineChan

covo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:26 pm
That hasn't happened for me, I love the books even more now. As for all the people talking trash about Twilight, I step up to defend the books so it reminds me of how much I love them.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:50 pm
I have noticed a lot of people I know reading the books since they heard about the movie coming out. I've been lending all 4 books to friends and one girl is always asking me questions about the plots or Edward. razz Which I guess I don't mind; it's nice to have people that are obsessed over it as I always have been now. They don't think I'm crazy going on and on about it anymore  

xxcelestialstarxx

papershelf i c i c l e s

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:10 pm
god, its been like that for me for a while now. pretty much since i read breaking dawn. i loved twilight, new moon grew on me and eclipse was good. but breaking dawn ruined it for me. then i went to go see the movie and it was juts.. horrible. the part with edward sparkling was so b-movie and yeah. they messed up on a couple of parts that they really shouldnt have.
overall, im just not the same twilight fan i once was. like when i first joined this guild.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:10 pm
Eerie_Whisperer
god, its been like that for me for a while now. pretty much since i read breaking dawn. i loved twilight, new moon grew on me and eclipse was good. but breaking dawn ruined it for me. then i went to go see the movie and it was juts.. horrible. the part with edward sparkling was so b-movie and yeah. they messed up on a couple of parts that they really shouldnt have.
overall, im just not the same twilight fan i once was. like when i first joined this guild.

same here!
I was extremely disappointed with Breaking Dawn, I guess that's because all the exciting action with the volturi and Victoria was out of the way. But Things have just changed in the Twilight fanbase completely.
And I agree about the movie. They changed things and left stuff out that was spoken [that is used later in the series] that really didn't have to be left out or changed. Like you said. And the movie just gives the new-comers a totally different view on the series.
And i don't want to sound selfish or rude or whatever. But it's like Twilight is a trend now.  

coldfrenzy

On an evening in Roma

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:18 pm
Yeah. It's been the same here. I was one of the first people in my school to read it, but then EVERYONE started reading it...it just didn't feel the same. I am glad it's popular though. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:27 pm
I used to really like Twilight. I got it for Christmas the first year it came out. I thought it was a pretty cool book. Ever since I read the third and fourth, however, it feels like Stephanie got to used to fame and didn't put her heart into it as much as she did with Twilight. I mean, it was her baby, and the rest of them just feel like step children. Sorry if my analogy is wierd. But anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that the book got too commercialized way fast and doesn't feel like the cool book it did back then. I used to look forward to the movie, but I started reading up on cast members and such, it was a big dissapointment. I see twilight advertizements everywhere and it just makes me think, they're taking over. I honestly am starting to dislike it even, because of its newfound fame and fan base.

XxDemonSpawnxX

MrsValens

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:13 pm
yeah i know its like everyone thinks there a fan if they've seen the movie or something so little and act if they know everything
( ive kindof just started being a fan 07)
i always wanted to read twilight so i read it in 07 a couple of months before breaking dawn came out and i knew a few people had read it then all of a sudden everything was Twilight and it went crazy  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:26 am
iJasper Hale
totally, especially people who have only seen the movie and think they know everything about it ._.
I HATE that... my couz for instance just saw the movie, because I literally forced her to go, and now she's so insanely mad about twilight... yet I told her to read the books, and she said "no I'll wait the movie"...
it kills the whole atmosphere of the books =[

Yeah! Some girl in my class said that same thing. She said she didn't want to read it because it's too big of a book. It upsets me!  

Aqua Anjel

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:45 pm
The trick is to just always have a party in your own mind.

Of course Twilight doesn't have the same thrill it always had, how many times have you read it? It's going to get somewhat old at some point. I still love to read twilight over and over again, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't quite give me the same rush it did the first few times I read it.

I think it comes from knowing it line by line. We all know exactly what happens, so there's not quite the same feeling of suspense.

Just block out everything else, all the negative comments and stupid people. Just do what I do, make everything really funny in your own mind.

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff