Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply The Twilight Movie
How they ended the movie - I just realized something... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:37 pm
If you've seen the movie then you should know how they ended it. When Bella and Edward walk into the room for prom you see a five second look of the back of Victoria. Then in the end they have her watching them slow dance.

Now, thinking logically. Wouldn't Edward realize she was there just by entering that room? I mean her scent. In a room full of human teenagers I am quite sure he would be able to smell out a vampire. The thing that bugs me is that couldn't possibly happen. She couldn't have gone unnoticed like that.

It's a nice way to end the movie. But come on...

Anyone else realize this?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:19 pm
I didn't the first time, but I went and saw it again yesterday, and I noticed that. I agree with you. He would have known she was there way before they even got there. I doubt she was thinking about having fun at the prom if she looks like she's crying at the end (which also bugged me, but whatever.) She would have been thinking of a way to kill Bella.  

Angels_can_fly2

Mrs Joe Trohman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:42 pm
I did realize this, yes, but the makers of movies overlooked that, because the ending was simply for the intention of making a second movie.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:14 pm
I noticed it, it would have been a cool ending, IF i hadn't read the books, and knew the facts about All the cullen vamps, i mean, don't you alsoo think Alice would have forseen something like that?? eek  

Dgirl91

Evil_Dark_Kitty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:26 pm
Yeah but like I always say...why do ppl care about stuff like that when ppl keep sayin the same thing over and over...blah blah its not gonna be exactly like the book...blah blah.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:33 pm
THANK-YOU! 3nodding I thought no one would notice that. I mean c'mon he's a minder reader and he can hear miles of thoughts right? GAH! Well that's movie business for ya...oh well. Just as long as you got a kick out of the movie or whatever...

I guess they wante to leave that suspense at the end.... xd

haloeclipse270

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:36 pm
OMG! I'm so glad someone else said it before I did. Alot of things freaked me out.....that were just wrong in the movie:

1. His siblings got more lines in the book then the movie.
2. Bella and Alice never get to really talk yet at the end of the movie she says ,"Alice said she saw me coming into your family," I find that weird when they never really talked.
3. The part at then end when you saw Victoria, Edward or Alice should have seen it coming.
4. When the room was tense at the house...it was basically Esme trying to get everyone to calm down and not Jasper...(my opinion...might not be yours)
5. Edward's room didn't have a bed....yet in the movie it did.........
6. Bella noticed him not eating....and never asked...just assumed.......
7. Carlisle should have...looked....I dunno younger....... sweatdrop
8. They made Roslie...more of a b***h.....>.>U
9.Shinny Edward messed up my day.
10. At the scene where Bella got hit by that car and Edward saved her..she never really hit her head....but when she went to the hospital....they kept saying she has a concussion.....
11.....You say the guy that played Edward....on his Jaw....you could see he just shaved.....like half the movie...
12. Most of the movie....when his eyes were suppose to be gold...you never really saw them...
13. When Bella left the hotel and looked at Edward, and Alice at the counter....shouldn't either of them had smelled her or noticed that she was right there leaving...?

okay...I'll stop ranting........... mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:45 pm
Claire_Hiwatari
OMG! I'm so glad someone else said it before I did. Alot of things freaked me out.....that were just wrong in the movie:

2. Bella and Alice never get to really talk yet at the end of the movie she says ,"Alice said she saw me coming into your family," I find that weird when they never really talked.
3. The part at then end when you saw Victoria, Edward or Alice should have seen it coming.
4. When the room was tense at the house...it was basically Esme trying to get everyone to calm down and not Jasper...(my opinion...might not be yours)
10. At the scene where Bella got hit by that car and Edward saved her..she never really hit her head....but when she went to the hospital....they kept saying she has a concussion.....
11.....You say the guy that played Edward....on his Jaw....you could see he just shaved.....like half the movie...
12. Most of the movie....when his eyes were suppose to be gold...you never really saw them...
13. When Bella left the hotel and looked at Edward, and Alice at the counter....shouldn't either of them had smelled her or noticed that she was right there leaving...?

Well, Alice does say that line to Edward when he's deciding whether or not to suck out the venom or not...it's very possible she overheard them. Just because she's in excruciating pain doesn't mean she's deaf.  

Angels_can_fly2

charchar89

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:39 pm
Claire_Hiwatari

..i have more....
1. Ben and Eric were combined into one character
1. Jessica and Lauren were also combined (that's why Jessica was extra bitchy)
3. (i know you said this but...) The way they made Edward sparkle
4. The whole "Bella getting hit by the van" scene
...i have more...but..I'll just let it be...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:58 pm
Claire_Hiwatari

Tear the nails from your fingertips,

I sort of agree with some of these,,
but I never had extremely high hopes.
Ohh, just clearing it up, in the movie..
Edward didn't have a bed in his room.
It was a couch or something, cause Bella says
"No bed?" If I am correct, I'm not too positive though.
And I think Victoria was only there so
you knew there was going to be another movie.
But I was extremely pissed Alice didn't spend more time with Bella!
I wanted to see more of Edward's siblings, especially Alice.
She was in the book a lot, but in the movie she had like one line.

And smear the blood across your lips.

mrstodayy

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:30 pm
Claire_Hiwatari

Edward didnt get a bed into his room until Eclipse.
and thats all i have to fix.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:58 pm
Claire_Hiwatari

LMAO. I also agree. The book was obviously better than the movie....But since when has any movie been neck in neck with a book?
To be frankly honest, I thought the movie was pretty good. BUT only if it was a movie. NOT a book. It would have been good...
And...Catherine Hardwick isn't directing New Moon, so I want to see what they do to it.
And I was really pissed when I realized that Alice barely had a line in the movie. I mean, seriously.
They BETTER give her a bigger role in NM. or else...
tee hee..
But overall, the movie was above my expectations. It was good.
But in all honesty, is it going to measure up to everyone's expectations?
*crickets chirp*
didn't think so.

xXx_The Rogue Angel_xXx

ObSCENEx c o o k i e

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:21 pm
Now that you mention it, I absolutely agree. It was a good ending to lead onto the next movie though. And I agree, the other Cullens hardly got to say anything! The main problem I had with the movie was that they left out too many good quotes. Is it just me or did they not include the line where Edward says, "twilight. No matter how great the day is, it always has to end." The movie is called Twilight, shouldn't there be a line that mentions it??  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:31 pm
I did see her both times.
When they walked into the room and there was that person with the big fur thing, I was like "Oh my God. Victoria."
But I never actually thought about how Edward would also be like "Oh my God. Victoria."

It was a good way to lead into a sequel though, and I think that's why they did it. And I know Victoria doesn't actually make an appearance in book two, but she has a fairly large part in three. And those people who haven't read the book need to know she's pissed as hell.

Plus, it was a reassuring scene. It screamed "Don't wory kids there's gonna be another one!"

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PrinzcessNiketa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:19 am
Your My Brand Of Heroin
Claire_Hiwatari

Edward didnt get a bed into his room until Eclipse.
and thats all i have to fix.

Oh. My. God.

It's a fricken movie! Of course they have to change some things to make the book into a movie, they can't put every little detail in there! And besides, they were on a budget with money so its not like they could do too much on the sparkling skin thing.

Can't we all just be happy and love the movie even if it has some small flaws? GEESH.

The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff