Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilight
  or Dawn?
View Results

Living Ink
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:18 pm
Okay, I have to admit that I have been remiss in not starting a thread on the movie. I haven't gone yet, but that's no excuse!

So, those of you who have gone... What did you think? Did they do a decent job of making the book into a movie? How about the acting? Are the characters brought to life as you imagined?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:33 pm
I haven't seen the movie yet, and quite frankly, I don't want to. But I have read a review on it.

Apparently, the actors who play Edward and Bella fall short, and the action scenes are described as... sort of... "corny super-hero". It also said that the camera loves to close in on the actor's faces, and apparently, the actor's don't portray emotions well. Edward's face changes... oh, about 30 different expressions a second. I watched a very funny flash video about that specific issue on Newgrounds. It's on the front page. =3

Basically, I guess it's a good movie if you're really into the book series and want to see it brought to life. But in the movie world, I guess it falls... very short of what was expected from the actors. Even though the movie itself has grossed a lot of money (giving the female director a lot of recognition), it's still only being held up by the hard-core book fans and hopeless romantics.

Enjoy it if you want to see it, I guess, but I personally think it looks like crap. =/

[I hope all that I wrote made sense. I'm sort of sleepy, so it was hard to find proper words for what I wanted to say. x3]

Tasty Crayons

songsilence

Original Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:01 pm
I read the book, I saw the movie... and quite frankly, I'm not impressed with either. The book focused too much on emotions and neglected details on what was actually going on. I think that's also what the movie intended to do (which makes sense, considering who it's geared towards) but seriously, how many times does the freakin' camera have to circle the main characters?? Havens above, that got so boring. My date actually went to sleep in his chair.

I understand that Edward and Bella's relationship was supposed to be the main focus, but they could've included more scenes where the pair was actually DOING something. Mostly it was screenshots of Washington state and the two lovers frozen, staring into each other's eyes. Sorry, I'm a hopeless romantic, but I can only take so much of that.

Besides, he barely even sparkled in the sun. I was sooo looking forward to some real Hollywood glitter effects going on here. cry  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:00 pm
The book was way better, I didn't see the characters as the way I imagined them, to me the movie was a bit of a let down, and I think that they fell shy of what was happening in the book, and they messed up the dramatic James cofrontation ending.  

Shorakowane

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Little Nightmare

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:58 am
I've read the book and seen the movie and like both. I mean sure the book is better than the movie, but isn't that how it usually goes? There was the fact that some of actors for the characters weren't exactly what I pictured, but how often are the actors what you pictured for a book character? They did an excellent job on the movie with the budget and time limit that they had. The only issue I had with it was that it didn't follow the book in chronological order, there were scenes with a scene where it should have been with a completely different scene. But other then that I really enjoyed the movie.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:03 pm
ive read the book and watched the movie. the book was better. the acting could have gone better. the way the movie was filmed could have been better. they rushed all the scenes, and the best part of it was the fight that was like 5 minutes. they need a better cast or atleast a better director.

iceyprincessaqua_93

Fashionable Phantom

13,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

pigy152

Beloved Bookworm

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:36 pm
read book and saw movie. i think they did a great job on the movie, but the book was still waaaay better!  
75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games