Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply The Twilight Movie
was edward's non-sparkliness in the movie annoying? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

did edwards non sparkliness in the movie annoy you?
  yes he should of been much more sparkly!
  no i thought it was fine i guess
View Results

Lunanymph59

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:19 pm
in the twilight movie edward was hardly sparkly at all! in the book they described him sparkling like this great illuminating sparkling like millions of dimonds and they said it was extremely bright. but it was not even noticibale in the movie it loooked like sweat droplets!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i loved the movie but that part was annoying!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:20 am
I wasnt in favor of the movie; thank God I saw it online I would've felt like I wasted my money. Nevertheless, I agree with you! That was supposed to be the most beautiful scene ever! (at least to me, and it still remains my favorite chapter out of the series along with the proceeding chapter) In my opinion, they made the scene too... bleh. I disliked it and yes, Edward's skin barely sparkled and it threw me off when Kristen said "your skin is like diamonds" (DISGREE) But yes, on the other hand, I think Rob did alright for the character. I still have Gaspard Ulliel as my Edward, but he played t as well as he could. I felt Kristen was too monotonous...  

La Beaute

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:14 pm
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! Edward did NOT look sparkly it looked like he had a skin disease! Seriously! They even RE-SHOT that scene to make him MORE sparkly! If that was MORE sparkly then I doubt the first shot was sparkly at all! Even if they just put glitter on him it would have looked better! By the way I love the sewat droplets comment PRICELESS! xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:33 pm
Haha, wow! I'm totally opposite. I thought the sparkles were too much. The music in the background made it even worse. The first scene where he is sparkly, I thought it was alright. Then when they showed him sparkling again in the "meadow", I was like "oh god, kill me now." haha. it was terrible. the music was too much, and it looked way too fake the second time around.  

Jellycones

La Beaute

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:46 pm
Jellycones
Haha, wow! I'm totally opposite. I thought the sparkles were too much. The music in the background made it even worse. The first scene where he is sparkly, I thought it was alright. Then when they showed him sparkling again in the "meadow", I was like "oh god, kill me now." haha. it was terrible. the music was too much, and it looked way too fake the second time around.

Honestly, they messed up the meadow scene for me. After that, I knew the movie was downhill =/  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:50 pm
La Beaute
Jellycones

Honestly, they messed up the meadow scene for me. After that, I knew the movie was downhill =/

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I know same here but I liked the movie

!!!!! heart I LOVE JASPER HALE heart !!!!!  

Emo Oompa Loompa

VampirePrincessOftheNorth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:52 pm
Okay you guys are going to hate me for this I know. When I first started reading the series when it first came out I was so amazed at it all. I was so excited to see the movie because I know that they can't make a movie completely like a book. Just shut up about the movie being terrible. It stuck to the story line and didn't stray like other movies ( the clique for instance) just be thank ful that they didnt kill everyone and that Edward didnt go all sadistic. For the funding that they had for the movie I felt that they did the book justice and it was awesome in my opinion.
Also they even said that they cant consolidate the book into a two hour movie it physically cant be done.

Yes some parts were stupid but others were drop dead funny.

that is my opinion and you guys can freely hate me now  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:13 am
When I saw the movie, I sat there and was like, "Uh, that's really gay-looking. They could have tried a little harder." I was talking with my sister after the movie (on the way to drop her off at ther house (long story as to way she doesn't live with me)) and I brught this up. Her response was "I thought the same thing. I mean, sparkling is gay anyway, but it looked like they just sat there a threw glitter at his face. *Pretends to throw glitter happily*" So, on Monday, I get this really random call from one of my aunts, who I'm not particularly close to. I was the one who got her into Twilight (like I did to half of my family). So she says shes on break but she just had to call me and tell me what her friend said. So, they were talking about the movie and her friend says, "He's supposed to sparkle like dimonds, not look like he's about to go march in a gay pride parade." Everyone around them looked and was like, "Okay, I don't know what she's talking about, but that was the funniest thing I've ever heard."

Yeah, so, long story short, I think that they'll have better graphics for the next movie because they'll have a lot more money. Twilight was just a tester for the other movies to see how they'd do it they made them. That's why they didn't say there were going to make another movie until after Twilight made, like, 80 mil in the first two days. The next one's graphics will be better. Let's hope that if they put the sparling that it looks better, too.  

x~ Reyna ~x

CannibalGerbil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:22 pm
I liked the movie, but his non-sparklyness was sooooooooooooooooooo annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it just looked like sweat!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:03 pm
Okay you guys are going to hate me for this I know. When I first started reading the series when it first came out I was so amazed at it all. I was so excited to see the movie because I know that they can't make a movie completely like a book. Just shut up about the movie being terrible. It stuck to the story line and didn't stray like other movies ( the clique for instance) just be thank ful that they didnt kill everyone and that Edward didnt go all sadistic. For the funding that they had for the movie I felt that they did the book justice and it was awesome in my opinion.
Also they even said that they cant consolidate the book into a two hour movie it physically cant be done.

i don't hate you i agree, i liked the movie , it was better than i expected, but just his non-sparklyness was kind of annoying. hey, im critical, who cares!  

Lunanymph59

cutepupster38

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:22 pm
That part was soooo annoying!!! In the book, he seems so god-like and he looks like he's covered in diamonds...in the movie, he looks like he's covered in sweat. mad  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:22 pm

I agree, they did the best they could, they modernized and no it wasn't exact, and the sparkle scene wasn't exactly satisfactory but the movie was pretty damn good.  

LexiLu Latte

Twisted Creativity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:34 pm
User Image

"My monkey man..."

Omg, yes! I hated the faint sound of bells in the background and how it looked like frost/sweat not diamonds. But hey, it was still a cool scene. (I loved the part when he ripped the tree out of the ground)

Psh, Bella. You can have Edward, I want Emmentt...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:15 pm
I got two words for ya: Low budget

Hopefully movie 2 will have more money put into it.  

EvilWarlordGu

demons_n_my_head

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:34 pm
Fataldragoncheese

i don't hate you i agree, i liked the movie , it was better than i expected, but just his non-sparklyness was kind of annoying. hey, im critical, who cares!

I really liked the movie as well.
The meadow scene and the sparkley edward were not as I imagined they would be :[. It was dissapointing but I loved the rest of the movie.  
The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff