Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[LOG] Confusion: the state of being confused (Peke/Sehemu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:20 am
This land seemed so familiar, but the female could not put her paw on it. Her bright green eyes scanned the area, trying to bring up memories that she might know where she was exactly. Those nice lions she had met not too long ago probably could have helped her better right now then she could have hoped to do by herself.

With a huff to herself, the element of Earth grumbled. “Forget it!” Sehemu said was exasperation. Her words came true as those eyes focuses on a rather shiny rock in front of her. “Well, aren’t you pretty!” She giggled to herself.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:36 am
A frown decorated the young male's maw as he trotted across the lands of his pride aimlessly. His bonded rode upon his back, despite the complaints of the cub, looking out staring into the distance. The silence had become second nature between the two of them. Given Peke had never been much of a talker in the past he rarely said anything unless he felt the need to. This worried Nguvu but he said nothing to Peke knowing that he would be snapped at regardless if his words were true or not. He didn't want any more fighting, not until the other had come to terms.

Peke's blue eyes flickered back to what he could see of the fan-tailed raven. He knew that his behavior was having a serious effect on the usually talkive, if not annoying, bird but he never uttered a word. He prefered the silence, he always had. Heaving a sigh he decided he might as well start a conversation, even if it was to tell the bird to get off of him. "Nguvu, you need to stop packing away those..." He trailed off as he spotted a female he had never seen before. Furrowing his brow he pause watching.

He could see her lips move but he had no idea who she was talking to. There was no one there!

"Hey!"

Hearing the voice, Sehemu’s eyes averted from the shiny object to the small cub just behind her. A wide smiled appeared on her maw as she bounced happily towards the male. “Hello there!” She purred, a giddiness tone interlaced in her voice. “What’s your name?”

On the other’s back was some kind of creature with feathers. Looking down at her neck, she spotted three feathers on a string she had never thought of taking off. Grabbing the middle feather with her paw, she slowly raised the necklace to compare the feathers with the bird. He seemed to have the same type of feathers, just not in the same color. So who did these belong too, the female wondered.

Turning her attention back to the little cub, Sehemu smiled again. “Hi there! I’m Sehemu, what’s your name?” She was like a broken record player repeating oneself over and over. However, the dark colored female blink.

…Didn’t she say that already? Nah, she would have remembered it if she had!

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:50 am
When the female bounded his way he stumbled backwards afraid she was going to trample him. That wouldn't be good. Not at all. "Hi?" He said arching one brow as he studied her. She was odd, there was no other word her could think of that could describe her any better. "My name is..." He stopped watching as her attention shifted to the bird upon his back. Then she lifted the necklace upon her neck comparing it to Nguvu. "What are you doing?" He asked her obviously unhappy with her actions. None of them made any sense.

Then she spoke, repeating what she had said only a few moment ago. "You already asked that." He pointed out though secretly glad she had given him her name. It made things easier. Searching through his thoughts he sought her name to see if she was a member of the pride, when he came up empty handed he shook his head. Maybe she was lost. "My name is Peke. Do you live here?"

At Peke’s first question, Sehemu blinked at him. “Um…Well you see,” she began, “I have these…feathers right her…” She paused, taking a moment to show Peke the bright yellow feathers that were around her neck. “And I don’t know where I got them from. So I saw your…” what was the name of that creature… “feathered creature,” that was it! “and thought it could go to him.” She shook her head though. “But it doesn’t. See, the colors are different!”

“…asked what?” She blinked.

“Aww Peke is a cute name! I don’t think I have ever met a Peke before…” At his next question she gave the little cub a shrug. “I don’t know. I use to live over that way,” She pointed to the south, where all the unclaimed territory could be found, “but I met this one lion who said he knew me…and he is apart of this pride.” She would remember that though, wouldn’t she? Apparently, Sehemu didn’t remember much about her life before the earthquake.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:13 am
Nguvu tilted his head with interest as he listened to the other lion. Spreading his wings he lifted himself off of his bonded and onto the ground to which he hobbled toward her reaching a wing up to lightly touch the feathers. Unfortunately they were out of his reach and he frowned before flapping his wings to let him fly up and examine them. "They don't belong to any bird I know." He stated dropping to the ground and glancing back at the cub. Flying for even short periods of time strained his wing, which hadn't fully healed.

"I haven't seen anything with feathers like that." He agreed before his attention fluttered back to her apparent lack of memory. "What my name was, you asked it twice." He stated unsure of what to make of the situation when she started to squeal about his name. Stepping back he tried to keep a collected image but it was proving to be difficult. This lady was crazy! "I wouldn't think so. After all it is my name, it's not a species." He stated slightly annoyed by the way she said things.

"But you don't know if you are actually apart of this pride?" He asked completely confused. He had no idea how to deal with the situation presented. "Who was this lion?"

Sehemu lowered her body after Nguvu had landed back on the ground. Now that she was at the cub’s level, she felt more like a cub herself.

She sighed when they had said that had not seen any feathers like that. “I wonder where I got them from them…” A hint for those who didn’t know already, she has a bad memory.

“…Oh I see. And…what was your name?” She blinked. “I’m Sehemu. It’s nice to meet you,” her tail swapped on the ground, creating a little ‘thump’. She shrugged. “I guess I don’t. I mean, I think I would,” she hesitated, “but something about this lands seems so…familiar. Even when talking to that lion…” What was his name again? “I think…he said his name was N---Mal…” The ring of that sounded familiar. “He seemed rather upset too when he met me. I think I made him sad.

“Do…do I make you sad when I talk to you?” Her ears lowered a little, as if expecting the same emotion to come from the grumpy cub.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:37 am
Peke blinked when she asked him his name for the third time. "I already told you my name. It's Peke." It was evident in his tone that he was agitated, annoyed. Of course he now knew what was wrong with the female. She had an unstable memory. "I don't think you would know if you lived here or not, especially if you got hit by something during the earthquake." Surely she would remember the shaking of the earth right? Then again he couldn't be sure.

"Mal? I don't think I know of anyone with anything in their name like that." He stated with a shrug before looking at the albino raven. "Do you Nguvu?"

The bird pondered the thought letting the tip of his wing tap his chin softly. "Do you perhaps mean...Mapatano?" He inquired turning his pink-eyed gaze back to the lioness. It was the only pride member he could think of that even started with an M.

"How could you make me sad when I don't even know you?" Peke asked as though her question was completely ubsured. He had known the female for a few minutes it definitely wasn't long enough to upset him.

“Peke. Got it.” Did she though? She would for now.

“Earth…quake…?” She frowned. “That was…” her gaze shifted uncomfortably as she tried to remember the earthquake.

“…” nothing. No words came from her maw as she blinked. She couldn’t remember an earthquake. THAT was something she would know of. “I think you are confused little one.” She said with a small tone. “No earthquake has been on this lands.” But when Sehemu looked around, the sight of the lands were that in somewhat of ruins. “.I…I know there wasn’t a earthquake.” Trying to deny this fact was giving the elemental earth a headache.

“No,” her tone was brightened again. “It was Mal. The name was short.” A nod followed in pursuit, then a shrug. “Well I don’t know. It seems everyone I meet gets upset after I meet them. You could have been the same?”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:18 pm
When she stated that he was the confused one he let out a bitter laugh. "Yeah right." He muttered bitterly shaking his head. "You're the confused one. The earth shook, hard. Created quite the mess." He told her a frown deeply etched upon his features. It was a time he would have liked to forget. It was something he never wanted to go through, something that he never wanted -anyone- to go through. "You've missed a lot. It's probably a good thing you did." His memory flashed through the countless deaths that had happened, as a result of him.

"I don't know any Mal." Peke stated a part of him panicking because he didn't know this person. "What did he look like?" Wasn't he supposed to know every member of the pride, or at least have heard of them? How was he supposed to protect the pride from the outsiders spies if he didn't know them?

“Well…” Her green eyes looked to the skies as she tried to remember the description of the lion. “He is..a lion.” Figures, leave it to Sehemu to be general with a subject. “Grayish…or maybe he was black. He’s large as well, and kind of…my age?” The way Sehemu ended the description with the questions made her statement almost unbelievable.

“You’re still a cub. Are you suppose to know everyone in the pride?” If this pride was big, then this little guy would have a tough time remembering everyone. Sehemu just had a hard time remember who she was most of the time without even knowing it. “I saw Mal…” She paused. “That way,” With this, she pointed to the west. “I think he was there. Maybe you can meet him?”

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:32 pm
Peke wanted to smack himself on the forhead with how slow it took her to describe the male. Shaking his head he lifted a paw. "Never mind, I'll ask one of the elders..." He mumbled refering to Hifadhi or Ngao. At her question he nodded. "Yes. Well I'm supposed to meet everyone in the pride. It's my job." He stated shaking his head, of course she wouldn't know this, especially if she couldn't remember the earthquake! "It's to be sure that...unwanted people are not entering the lands." He stated simply rolling his shoulders back in a shrug. He didn't feel like describing it any more to her than that.

"Nguvu...Will you go find Hifadhi if he knows of a Mal or Sehemu please?" He asked glancing down at the unusually quiet bird. He was lost in thought. "Nguvu."

"Ah...yes Peke." The raven replied nodding his head as he stretched his wings hoping to relax the muscles so he could fly without having to make too many frequent stops. Flapping his wings he took one last glance at the lioness before speaking. "I'll be on the look out for a yellow bird." He told her before flying off.

Peke followed the direction of her point before nodding. "I'll look into it. Until then...don't get into any trouble."

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games