Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Role Playing IC and OOC
Adventurequest VRS Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:46 am
(When you start this Roleplay. You will begin in the Radio Shack store with Johnathan and the shop employee. Make sure to read through the first four posts of this Roleplay. So you will know where we are in the story and how to react. If you are joining this later and the story has progressed. Just ask me or one of the other members in an out of character post where we are in the plot. And do not post a character sheet for this Roleplay).

The first day young Johnathan heard about the new game by Artix Inc. He was excited. At the concept of a new three dimensional game. The technologies that supported the game were unlike anything anyone had seen to date. A virtual reality type game that broke most of the boundaries that restricted regular three dimensional Role Playing Games. The game came with a virtual reality headset. That was mass produced to be sold in a bundle package with the game. This could very well have been the financial decision that destroyed there companies financial future. He scrolled down with his right hand tightly on the mouse. Staring at the screen with a smile. As he read all of the information about the new game. It was spectacular but at the same time. He worried that the hype was all for not. He didn't want to see the company go bankrupt. On a risky business venture that could very well cause them to shut down there servers. For the games that had already been created online. It wasn't cool, the front page for the website he was viewing read.

Greeting fellow gamers. As of April 4th, 2008. A new technology has caught our attention. It was developed by Microsoft incorporated. We've been given exclusive rights to test out there new Virtual Reality System. Or, VRS model 1.0 as they call it. Because we were given free exclusive rights to test out this new product. We are able to offer these headsets at the low cost of only $19.99. This is the current cost of upgrading your account on one of the current games we have offered. The release date for this new game. Will be on April 14th, 2008. And will be sold in stores all over the United States in twenty seven states. We will work hard to make sure copies of this new game. Arrive at those states that had missed out on the official release. And we hope to do business with some of the local franchises in Germany if all goes well. We are not making any further official plans until after the release date.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:47 am
Johnathon got up at the crack of dawn that day on April fourteenth two-thousand eight. He stretched a bit before climbing out of bed. He was so excited about the release. That he didn't even bother to eat breakfast. Instead he just grabbed his coat that was hanging off of a chair. And his wallet which was sitting on his dresser next to a lamp. He stuffed the wallet into his pocket. Not bothering to listen to anything anyone in his family was saying. He walked out the door toward the local Radio Shack. He knew the place would be absolutely packed. Seeing as this was a small town. And the store was fairly small. There most likely wouldn't be many copies to go around. As he walked down the sidewalk he felt his stomach growl. He happened to have a few bucks extra after the cost of the game. But buying anything now unfortunately. Might land him in a sticky situation where he would miss out on the release of the game. He pictured in his mind as he walked. His standing at the front counter with a bunch of people lining up behind him. Some arguing over there spot in the line. Others just standing there with an anxious look in there eye. As he walked he pictured himself walking up to the counter. With a fairly tall man in his what looked like early twenties. And a grungy bum looking man standing around looking oddly at the people around them. He pictured the man trying to shove him out of the way to get a chance at buying one of the new systems. Obviously, this situation would have ended with the police being called. And him never getting to buy the new system at its release date. Some possible property damage, these type of events were crazy. They really showed just how inhuman some people were. That greed, he'd seen it once before. But he hoped to never see it again. As he crossed the street. A car was coming down the road. And because he was day dreaming. He hadn't seen the vehicle right next to him. The driver slammed on his brakes stopping only a yard or so from Johnathan. He shook his right while leaning out the drivers side of the car. I of coarse didn't have time to exchange words with this person. I continued on toward my destination. He seemed rather angry with me. And followed along side on the road. Shouting at me as I continued on down the sidewalk. A saw some people looking out there windows as I passed there homes. Apparently, he was making quite a scene and this was attracting all sort of attention. An old man in a trench coat. Walking his dog on the other side of the street. Watched the car as it followed along side the sidewalk. This guy was nuts, I didn't dare say anything. Out of a mild fear of what he might do. A fairly old women came out of one of the houses one house up from where I was. She told the man to stop making such a fuss while shaking her right fist in the air as she said it. The man sped off in his car without saying a world. She simply pivoted in her step as she turned around to go back into the house. I heard the screen door slam loudly as I was passing the house.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:25 am
By the time he'd arrived at the store. There wasn't a single person to be seen. And to top it off. The store window had been smashed. With what looked like a plastic lawn chair. It was sitting on the sidewalk. Alone with several shards of broken glass of varying sizes. I could here something from the inside of the building. Through the window, I saw a blond male in possibly his thirties. Sitting behind the counter with his right arm resting on the top. It moved in closer to see that he'd been hurt. He had a bad cut right below his elbow on his right arm. This was clearly visible only because he was wearing a sleeveless shirt. He moved a bit looking up with a look of pain in his eyes. I wasn't sure if he had seen me. But I wanted to help out. So I spoke to him in a rather worried and concerned tone. Ummm, Mister what happened here? He didn't say anything at first. His gaze went to the floor before he answered. I looked down to see what he was looking at. It was the new gaming system that I had come here to buy. His eye widened as he began to speak in a sort of raspy voice. That game!! There is something evil about it I tell you. It all started when I arrived at 5:00 am for the release of the new system. There were already people lined up to buy it. Even though a sign on the door said we would be opening early at 5:30. The group seemed to stare at me as if in unison. At least most of them. I felt like someone was going to shove me any second. I calmly said, "let me through people I have to open the store". After this the group sort of started to make a path so I could get to the door. While watching the one that was standing across from them. Before I got my keys out. I felt I needed to instill a bit of order in the situation. Ok!! Now listen up because I'm only going to say this once. I will be opening up these doors. And one by one single file. Everyone will line up to enter the store. We have twenty copies of the new game here at the store. So they will be sold on a first come first serve basis. A man said angrily, "hey what do you think you are, what gives you the right". I pointed to the road saying just one word, "leave"!!! I wasn't going to allow any madness to happen while I was one watch. If someone didn't behave in an orderly fashion. Then they would not be leaving this store with a copy of the new system. A large sign was sitting on top of the stack of systems already. That said one per customer. No sooner had I opened the door. The majority of the group pushed past me. I wasn't about to let this just slide. So I quickly moved inside locking the door behind me. Someones arm came only a few seconds from getting caught in the metal door. After the three people were already inside. All of a sudden, they started acting like human beings once again. One of them calmly asked if the one per person rule was strictly enforced. I looked at him oddly as I started toward the back door. I opened it with a key that was sitting on a ring. I thought about what I was going to do after this. Two of the three people were already lined up at the counter with system in hand. The other one had stopped to look around at all of the other items in the store. With a copy of the cube packaging firmly tucked under his left armpit. Reluctantly I allowed the people to purchase the system even though they didn't deserve it in my eyes. I heard some commotion outside the building. Then I saw someone with a lawn chair come up toward the window. Someone sneaked out the back door with one of the copies. And another one had already removed a copy from the box. And was trying to figure out how it fit on there head. They seemed to space out after putting the device on there head. It was weird because they didn't quite seem to know where they were at first. After a few moments the person started walking normally. Then they turned toward a rack of blank burnable disks that we had on sale four packages of eight for eight dollars. Then he slammed his fist down onto the rack. Causing a bit of damage to it. He then attacked again. Destroying one of the supports to the display case. I found it odd when he said something about a Frogzard under his breath. I'd personally played one of the previous online games that Artix. Inc had come out with. So I knew what a Frogzard was. It didn't fully dawn on me what had happened until a few minutes after that what had happened. I heard some commotion behind me as I was struck from behind. I didn't really know what had happened after that. Because I blacked out after that point. When I came to I saw you were standing there watching me. I think somehow the devices actually give the one that puts on the headset. Increased strength and such once they put on the headset. It also makes sense with my knowledge of the game. That these people can level up as they progress. What I don't understand, is why the headset worked at all without being plugged into a computer. I have a few spare headsets hidden away. That I made sure to hold back so some late comers would have a chance to get one of these systems. I don't know what will happen once you put on the headset. He opened a safe to the right of the chair he was sitting in. In there contained five headsets that were already taken out of the box to be more easily stored in the cabinet. After a few minutes of messing with the buttons on the device. I finally figured out how to operate it. I put the VRS on my head cautiously. Holding the device with both hands. As I lowered it onto my head. I saw an odd display in front of my eyes. A full three dimensional Role Playing Game world. Was right in front of my eyes. I made sure not to get caught up in the fantasy as some before me had done. Focusing on seeing to the sides of the devise at the world around me. Then I tried to focus on the game that was in front of my eyes. It was marvelous and seemed to pull me into it. There was a green grassy field with what looked like a Frogzard. And I saw a few people moving around in the hills to the North. It seemed people were wasting no time in trying to level up in this game. I knew any motion I made in the game. I would be making in real life as well. And with this grassy area in front of me. It was difficult to discern reality from fantasy. I could no longer see to the right and left of my ears. I didn't dare move in fear that I might actually run into something in the store. Instead of moving I looked around for an option that would allow me to log off. I found one at the bottom of the screen. Problem was, because this unit wasn't hooked into a computer. There was no way to actually move a mouse to logoff. I felt something on the left side of my head. The store employee. Had hooked a jack into the devise and connected it to his computer. I saw a mouse arrow move allow what looked like reality. Then it all seemed to cease as I was logged off.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:05 pm
(fill in for lance)
The screen began to dim as I quickly paced around, wondering what to do. “Shall I signal him?” he thought. Upon further thought, he realized that he was invisible on the screen to the clerk, or he would have otherwise have been spotted. Just before everything went pitch black, the loud voice boomed: “Saving Game”. Then, at the moment just before everything turned full black from the grayscale view, a tunnel of light appeared ahead as I was dragged with increasing speed in that direction. “Arrrgh!” I yelled as I became immobilized. Data streams blazed through my sides as I dragged on, until things slowed down and came to a final stop. I woke up in an alleyway, slowly regaining balance as I walked forward. Curious about the environment, I proceeded forward, but crashed into a blue haired stranger. “Hey! Watch it! Wait a moment, you look all pale, are you ok?” he asked.

(Me talking to lance)
“Hello? Hello? Are you alright?” I asked.
“yeah,” he replied “ what is this place? I seem to be trapped in this world. What happened?”
I sigh. “Well, another clueless newbie.” I said. “Don’t people ever read the manual?”
“Err…..well…..curiosity took over…and….”he stumbled
“well, I’ll get you some lodging first,” I said. “I suppose you don’t have any Harp, yet, do you? Artix decided on a new currency. Well, I guess I’ll treat you this time. Come. By the way, what is your name?”  

Ronzalpha201

Agamum

Newbie Genius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:50 pm
Seferen was wandering through the downtown streets of Chicago, when he noticed a lightning storm off in the distance. Running to the nearest pathway he noticed that all the stores around here where closed.

dang

He though to himself as one of the lightning bolts hit the tarp I was hiding under, so I started to think to myself.

man I am in trouble now

Just as I was about to step up on the curb I looked up to see a tv screen in the front window get hit my a large bolt. The shock of the entire thing made me close my eyes and look straight away. But not before I got a brief glimpse of a flash of light. As my entire body got lit up with electricity. Upon opening my eyes I realized that I wasn't dead. Which puzzled me quite a bit considering the large amount of current that just shot through me.

WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED TO ME AND.............

Just thinking about anything right now made me dizzy and I lost my balance, not sure of where I was. Though after a few minutes of recovering my strength it dawned on me I was no longer in the downtown part of Chicago.

Did somebody pick me up or am I just passed out on the streets in the road some where?

Looking around dazed I saw a person standing about four-hundred feet away from me, so I yelled to them.

HEY YOU WHAT IS GOING ON  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:57 am
My name is Johnathan and currently I don't even have a login name. See, there was some sort of glitch with the headset I got. Somehow, I ended up in this game. From the looks of it there were several defective units that were sold in my town. But it looks like the gaming systems work just fine when plugged into a computer. I will have to assign myself a username eventually. Though for now I guess I will have to hope that everything is saved somewhere on my headset. And backed up on the servers here in...I guess I can call this place Battleon. See, I'm not just an aimless nooby that just started playing the game. I have a rather powerful character in the game Adventurequest. And I played Dragonfable during its Guardian only phase. And Mechquest during its beginning beta phase. Is there any way at all that I can possibly export my current gear to this game? Or do I have to start on a completely clean slate from scratch?  

LanceCalvis
Crew

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:28 am
Agamum
Seferen was wandering through the downtown streets of Chicago, when he noticed a lightning storm off in the distance. Running to the nearest pathway he noticed that all the stores around here where closed.

dang

He though to himself as one of the lightning bolts hit the tarp I was hiding under, so I started to think to myself.

man I am in trouble now

Just as I was about to step up on the curb I looked up to see a tv screen in the front window get hit my a large bolt. The shock of the entire thing made me close my eyes and look straight away. But not before I got a brief glimpse of a flash of light. As my entire body got lit up with electricity. Upon opening my eyes I realized that I wasn't dead. Which puzzled me quite a bit considering the large amount of current that just shot through me.

WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED TO ME AND.............

Just thinking about anything right now made me dizzy and I lost my balance, not sure of where I was. Though after a few minutes of recovering my strength it dawned on me I was no longer in the downtown part of Chicago.

Did somebody pick me up or am I just passed out on the streets in the road some where?

Looking around dazed I saw a person standing about four-hundred feet away from me, so I yelled to them.

HEY YOU WHAT IS GOING ON

The first was surrounded by a group of about five people. One of them was tall with dark-black hair. With an angry look in his eye he walked up to what he knew as a complete stranger. Not really caring what his name was. Then in a condescending scolding manner he started to speak. Get out of here you nooblet!! We aren't here to entertain people like you. We are TRYING to train Zezima here. And our progress is impeded by every godforsaken noob that wants to talk to him. Some of you even think you have the right to insult him. Because you have seen him post on youtube a few times or in the forums. Be gone before I pk you for waisting my time.

While he was insulting Seferen. He hadn't noticed that the group had left without him. He threw Seferen one last scolding look out of the corner of his eye. As he ran off to continue in the training of his idol. What he didn't say and would have taken great offense to. Was that he too was nothing more than a fanboy of that figure. He hadn't actually achieved anything in the game preceeding this worth mentioning. And had instead spent most of his time in the forums Roleplaying. And making exceedingly long guides to whatever he knew about. Three of the others had already run off along with Zezima to a fight with a group of monsters just east of where they were originally standing. One of the players stayed behind the group. He had previously had his arms crossed a bit. But uncrossed them as soon as he started speaking. While he held his right hand at his side. As though the boy was about to throw a fireball. With an apologetic and half serious tone he began to talk to Seferen. Well, I can't exactly say I don't know where he was coming from. There are most likely several groups like this one in this world. And you will undoubtedly run into more of them in due time. I would advise gaining tougher skin if you want to continue in this game. In a year most of the great players of this game. Will have already moved onto something else. And the ones that had achieved respectable titles. Will be forgotten because many will surpass them in time. With that he turned away and started walking in another direction. Away from where the group had run off to.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:00 pm
umm, no idea....i'm not usual avid online gamer, you know. well, i bought you a room, Johnathan. well, i'm off to hunt some monsters and i'm out. perhaps fate would let us meet again sometime into the future. as for now, farewell. btw, i know the manager of the Inn personally, so that room is yours to keep.

Best wishes to your adventure

(disappears)  

Ronzalpha201

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:14 pm
Johnathan looked at him oddly. Not knowing what everything he had said entailed. Currently he didn't know where the Inn was. Let alone anything else in this game. And the thought of battling when he first arrived in this game. Didn't seem all that appealing to him at all. He saw many people scampering about. Some in a rather rude way acting like there was no one else in the area except them. He heard a group to his left talking about some cave. That they wanted to try out. It sounded in his experience. Like a zone that was designed for stronger players. With a high probability of containing some sort of dragon of some sort. The town seemed to be that of a medieval design. Not quite what he would call awesome. But the realism that was generated from the Virtual Reality was rather interesting. He could feel the wind on his face as he stood there. And he knew that he was still in the store. At least he hoped that he was still in the store. It would have been horrible if he had wandered out of that place.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:24 pm
Seferen looked around enraged by what that random person had just said to him. After all the last thing Seferen remembered was being in another location and ended up here somehow. Yet when he woke up the first person he sees is an arrogant p***k running his mouth. For all Seferen knew that was the guy who had kidnapped him in the first place. Either way this little punk was going to pay.

Seferen looked around the woods to the west breaking off a large tree branch, thinking to himself.

This punk is going to get it and answer every one of my questions or he is going to be knocked out.

So i ran over toward the rude young man with the branch pointed at him, with a pissed off look in my eyes.

HEY YOU WHAT IS GOING ON AND WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO TALK TO ME LIKE THAT. I WAS DOING JUST FINE UNTIL SOMEONE KNOCKED ME OUT AND SENT ME HERE. JUDGING BY YOUR CANDER I THINK IT WAS YOU. IF YOU WANT TO REMAIN CONSCIENCE YOU BETTER START ANSWERING QUESTIONS NOW. LIKE WHO IS THE DAM ZEZIMA YOU KEPT GOING ON ABOUT AND WHERE AM I.  

Agamum

Newbie Genius

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:39 am
The figure smiled in a triumphant manner while looking at Seferen. He stopped moving his character for a bit then started running his mouth again. You were just reported to the moderators. And your account will be deleted promptly. It's a one strike you are out policy with this game. So I don't have to worry about seeing you again after today, noob. He started to turn his back on Agamum. Behind him there was a figure dressed in a royal blue armor. With sharp metal shoulder pads sticking out of his shoulders. His eyes were a fierce green looking straight at the random figure. As if he was trying to burn a hole right through the figures head. The metallic armor glistened in the sunlight. Giving the outline of the armor a sort of glow. He was wearing gloves that had sharp points for fingers. And a jagged orange line that was on the right hand of the finger. He touched the player on the shoulder. And no sooner had be done that. A white ring went around the figure and there character was teleported somewhere else. The name under his avatar read The-Evil-Mod. And his name was a different color than most of the other players. Then he turned toward Seferen staring at him out of the corner of his eye while he had his left shoulder facing him. His other eye and the other side of the figure couldn't be seen. Because of the way he was standing. Then, without turning toward him The-Evil-Mod started to speak. Zezima is one of the more popular players of this game. He has a number of fans throughout every one of the games that Artix. Inc have produced. You won't have to worry about this one any longer. But I would advise you be careful what you say to people lest we meet again. It makes my job harder when people don't follow the rules.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:30 am
Seferen looking over at the ominous looking mod in disbelief at what he just did. Is this guy for real and if so how did he just make that man disappear? So the young man decided it would be a good idea to explain the situation to this guy even though he seemed dangerous.

You see I was walking through town as I often do looking at some of the more expensive items in the window. When all of a sudden it entire sky began to get black. Which was odd cause there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It didn't take long after that for the entire area to get struck by a load of lightning bolts. Fearing for my life I ran under the nearest tarp which was promptly shredded by the electricity. I thought to myself as my entire body went numb, I am in trouble. Taking one step behind me I got a glimpse of some lame tv show in the window behind me. The last though that went through my mind was. Man this show looks almost as lame as that battleon game I used to play back in 05. It didn't take more then a second after that a large bolt shot out of the tv and I instantly passed out. When I finally awoke who knows how many hours later. I was here getting heckled by some fool who fails at life. He was talking as if I where in some sort of game, saying I would be banned. Obviously the guy needs help but after seeing what you just did to him I must be dreaming. If I where dead there would be no way my brain would still be on line anymore.

Seferen then tore off his shirt to reveal the burn mark that was caused by the lightning. Do you now understand how serious this is even if I am dreaming something has gone horribly wrong?  

Agamum

Newbie Genius

Walt-J-Rimmer

Wheezing Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:33 pm
I was wondering around dizzily. Bumping into people who then either pushed me away or noted to the others with them something. I didn't notice much. I was in a lot of pain and my mind seemed to want to stop working. I found a local Inn and entered. I looked around. It looked like something a friend of mine had drawn while he was talking about a D&D adventure he was planning for us. I sat down at one of the tables and nearly passed out.

"HEY! You want to sleep you buy a room. You want to eat, you buy food."

"Why would I do that?"

"To restore energy. Geez, try to fight a monster too strong for you?"

My head zipped up. "Oh, Right."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:02 pm
There was a man dressed in a red suit. With a wooden leg on his right leg. And a black boot on his other. He wore a pirates hat with a jolley rodger symbol on the top. It was back around the symbol. And red on the rim and edges of the hat. This seemed to be the theme for the entire outfit. Red trim on the edges of his outfit with black on the inside. And a pair of worn black jeans with the bottom of the legs frayed with fibers hanging down randomly. He was sitting at a worn wooden table with small wooden chairs. That seemed to be too small for the rather large man. He did seem to mind this though. He was sipping a mug of brown foamy liquid out of a mug that seemed like it had dirt at the bottom of it. He fairly large mustach moved toward the mug as he took a drink from the mug. A name was right below the figure as he sat there. Which was an abnormality if this was indeed the real world. It said Captain_Rubarb (Administrator). He gruffly started to speak as he smacked his lips after taking a drink.

Arg, what be ye doing in a place like this. If you don't have any loot. Hmmm, "the right side of his mouth curled up into what looked like a smile. But the other side of his face and eyes were very brash and unwelcoming. Let me guess! Ye...you must be a new player to these parts. He waved to the man behind the counter with his right hand looking like Saint Nicholas himself waving to a crowd of people. This one is one me. I want all new players to feel welcome in this game. It's supposed to be kid friendly. But not everyone shares or helps in ensuring that that stays the way it is. He took another large drink out of the mug. Polishing the thing off until only foam was at the bottom. Ugg!! Terrible virtual drill I tell you. At least try to wash these virtual mugs up a bit. And clean yourself up in the tub upstairs. You know you only have to click on it and you ye be clean. He slammed the mug down on the table causing some of the wood to chip away. Arg, that brings a smile to my face to see the realism in this game.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Walt-J-Rimmer

Wheezing Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:07 pm
"Yeah." I didn't want to cause any suspicion with him but I didn't want to stay around him for any longer then necessary so he wouldn't be able to tell. "Some friends of mine told me to try this but I didn't get a real chance to learn about it before I was jacked in. Thanks." I sipped my drink. My mind went into a frenzy! I wasn't sure what to do. I knew this was virtual, but it was so real. But my mind wouldn't let me really taste if I could taste. First thing that happened was it felt like I was drinking electricity. Then, I started to feel like I was drinking something real, but since I'd never had anything to drink like this before, I wasn't sure. My mind overpowered any flavor the drink might have had. I started feeling like I was in the Matrix. If I died here, would I die in real life? What if I came unhooked if I didn't log off? I thought this making sure to keep my mouth shut except for when I drank. I wanted to stay away from Administrators. What would happen if one of them found out and then kicked me off? What would happen to me then? And, Jesus, my Lord and Savior, how far have I gone? Have I gone anywhere? Are my friends still watching me or has something happened to them? I'll have to try to contact them when no one is around.  
Role Playing IC and OOC

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff