Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:02 am
So, what do you all think about this latest of Evolving Items? I'm kind of disappointed with the fact that if you want all the poses available with this one, you'll have to buy two of it. In other words, it's basically another $10 item.

It's advertised as a new type of EI where you'll have to go to the Special section of your Inventory to activate it. Once you're there, you have to decide between following the "Carol of Ol' Nick" evolution path or the "Carol of Ebenezer" path. Obviously it's the "Christmas EI" for this year, but if Gaia really wanted to give us a "gift," they wouldn't make us have to choose between one or the other evolutions with this item. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:52 am
Guess they're generating the Christmas bonus for the Gaia staff with this one xp Sounds like a new trend for evolving items. Selling more by creating a split evo. path. So what if you don't choose a path? Does it just not evolve?

What's up with Inari's Beads? Not all previous poses are available after it's completely evolved. I think the same thing happens with the Urn and Hermes too.  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:57 am
I want it! It's shiny gonk

Eh.. but How can you choose... like... really choose... What if you pick the one you end up hating.... stare  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:12 am
Iehonatane
I want it! It's shiny gonk

Eh.. but How can you choose... like... really choose... What if you pick the one you end up hating.... stare

The Ol' Nick path is obviously destined to follow a "brighter path" while the Ebenezer one seems likely to be "dark." If you end up picking the one you hate, I guess you just end up getting the one you like too.  

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:16 am
Karma v2
Guess they're generating the Christmas bonus for the Gaia staff with this one xp Sounds like a new trend for evolving items. Selling more by creating a split evo. path. So what if you don't choose a path? Does it just not evolve?

What's up with Inari's Beads? Not all previous poses are available after it's completely evolved. I think the same thing happens with the Urn and Hermes too.

Yep, I'd say it most likely wouldn't evolve if you didn't "open it up" like a Thank You Letter. I can see people getting upset that they had a First Gen Twopence but were stuck as if they had a later generation if they didn't open it before the first evolution.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:12 pm
Kinnei
Karma v2

Yep, I'd say it most likely wouldn't evolve if you didn't "open it up" like a Thank You Letter. I can see people getting upset that they had a First Gen Twopence but were stuck as if they had a later generation if they didn't open it before the first evolution.

Then again.... it may be worth more later on since people can choose what evo path they want. Kinda like how unopened MC letters are usually worth more than the MCs in them. The evolution timing is only going to matter while the 1st gens are evolving and people don't know what all of the poses are yet. Time to do some experimenting xd  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:59 pm
um neither of them sound like a description to the ol nick and the ol Ebenezer tales i know  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:27 pm
Karma v2

I thought they were going to fix that. They would give you two copies of the item but they each have a different set of evolutions?  

Salmay
Captain

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:27 pm
Salmay
Karma v2

I thought they were going to fix that. They would give you two copies of the item but they each have a different set of evolutions?

i think they were planning a revamp to the way the pose selection is done and how the my avatar page works so the number of poses doesn't cause an overload.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:07 pm
Razin Frostdrake
Salmay
Karma v2

i think they were planning a revamp to the way the pose selection is done and how the my avatar page works so the number of poses doesn't cause an overload.

I hope so. I like the bubble/snow pose on the beads, but I don't want to have to have it equipped 24/7 just to keep the pose available. It'll be like the grombie skin all over again. rolleyes  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:04 am
Gawd! I wanted to buy it, or at least the Carol of Ebenezer... but they're over 100k in the MP crying

Hmmm... hopefully they won't make more this kind of EIs.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:30 am
Woah o.o:
Those really jumped in price over night.  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:43 am
Bought my coin on Monday. I took the path of Ebenezer. I liked the festive cigar. I think will buy the Carole of Ol Nick after X-mas. I have a feeling like the tote and other seasonal items the price will drop significantly after the 25th.

I have a feeling this will be the only x-mas EI though we might see some other items added to the cash shop. What I would like to see is another garage sale shop update. That was a lot of fun last year. Oooo now I need to buy a bape cow.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:52 pm
Well, since I have no way to use gaia cash (and I think that it's actually a good thing....) I have to wait them to drop in price.

sweatdrop  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

Tamei Dukes

O.G. Dabbler

11,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:21 am
User Image

I asked my friend for some cash for Christmas because I just knew that Gaia would come out with something expensive that I would want. XD

Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff