Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Limp whammy bars gotcha down?Go here ^_^

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

George Lopez or Family Matters?
  George Lopez FTW!
  Family Matters all the way! XD
View Results

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:15 pm
Hey guys,it's me,Michael RD cool Have you ever thought that the whammy bar on your Rock Band/Guitar Hero guitar controllers wouldn't go limp but they go limp anyway(and after the duration of the warranty)?Here's how to fix the whammy bar without sending it for a repair or fixing it yourself with screwdrivers or anything like that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTYBQgPSEUk
(Sorry for the crappy quality.And NO,I didn't make the video.It's just a random video I found on YouTube)
This worked for ME,and I know it'll work for you,too cool  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:37 am
Thats pretty ingenious despite being a rather simple fix. I know I had to do a similar thing back in the days of the Sega Nomad when the power plug wouldn't fit in properly (probably because it wasn't touching the sides in the plug that would transfer power. Simply said, a well placed rubber band fixed the problem rather nicely. biggrin  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

-2 Z Zelly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:33 pm
Thanks! Rock Band has been a major pain on my whammy bar and it broke, on all 4 of my guitar controllers! So now I don't have to send it in. Got in way to fix the drums?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:41 pm
-2 Z Zelly
Thanks! Rock Band has been a major pain on my whammy bar and it broke, on all 4 of my guitar controllers! So now I don't have to send it in. Got in way to fix the drums?

well......no ninja  

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The_Hbot

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:04 pm
-2 Z Zelly
My advice is to NOT BEAT ON THEM SO FU**ING HARD! You ain't Vinnie Paul!

LOL I know it's hard not to, but do try!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:47 pm
Michael RD
Here's how to fix the whammy bar without sending it for a repair or fixing it yourself with screwdrivers or anything like that
But screwdrivers are fun.... It's not like you can void the warranty or anything if it's already expired, too, but I guess not everyone's a mad mechanical genius...  

darkslasherX
Crew

-2 Z Zelly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:36 pm
darkslasherX
Michael RD
Here's how to fix the whammy bar without sending it for a repair or fixing it yourself with screwdrivers or anything like that
But screwdrivers are fun.... It's not like you can void the warranty or anything if it's already expired, too, but I guess not everyone's a mad mechanical genius...
You've known me for long enough to KNOW I'm NOT a mechanical genius.

@ HBot: I didn't beat on them that hard, they just stopped working....  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:22 pm
or you could just not play wii whatsoever like me... problem(s) solved. biggrin  

tehdrummer

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:37 pm
tehdrummer
or you could just not play wii whatsoever like me... problem(s) solved. biggrin

neutral ..............  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items