um, wat? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:18 pm
FRecon333

From my experience in the Marine Corps and firearms in general I can tell you that the worst 9mm is not as good as the worst .45 round. But the best type of 9mm is BETTER than the best .45 caliber round. I have shot the Beretta M9, Beretta 92fs, Colt 1911, and the USP .45 and more. I would take Beretta M9 with 15 rounds of 9mm 124 grain JHP over anything a Colt 1911 can offer ANY DAY. The ballistics are very similar, but with the M9 you just have more. Type ballistic comparison on google images.

What?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:37 pm
wat  

Shadow Deadeye

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Also:

Definition:

Magifying glass: noun, spherical lens used to increase the perceived size of a small object to be better viewed. Example: "A magnifying glass is not needed to see that the .45 is bigger than the 9mm."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:25 pm
ArmasTermin

Also:

Definition:

Magifying glass: noun, spherical lens used to increase the perceived size of a small object to be better viewed. Example: "A magnifying glass is not needed to see that the .45 is bigger than the 9mm."

Also, "A magnifying glass is not needed to see that the new Cadburry egg is smaller than the old Cadburry egg."

And, WTF at the dinosaurs.  

OberFeldwebel

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:41 pm
I no longer respect FRecon333 as a Marine.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:43 pm
The dinosaurs were supposed to be a "what?" picture.

That's all.

Now that I think abot it, though, I can understand why no one would get that at first, making it seem kind of random and pointless.  

ArmasTermin

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:52 pm
SBBuckner

You actually thought he was a real Marine?
At first I thought it was plausible, but when he said 9mm was comparable to .45 and actually better because you get more rounds, I knew he was fail. He's either a dumbass, or one of those Marines that sit behind a desk.
... or does the USMC not have that sort of position?

The Dinosaurs comic is definitely a 'wat' picture, I just think that my brain is too confused at the moment.

... NIPPLES!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:56 pm
OberFeldwebel
SBBuckner

At first I thought it was plausible, but when he said 9mm was comparable to .45 and actually better because you get more rounds, I knew he was fail.

The Dinosaurs comic is definitely a 'wat' picture, I just think that my brain is too confused at the moment.

... NIPPLES! rofl

No, I didn't think he was, but he's definitely not some teenager who makes s**t up all of the time.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:00 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:21 pm
SBBuckner
OberFeldwebel
SBBuckner

At first I thought it was plausible, but when he said 9mm was comparable to .45 and actually better because you get more rounds, I knew he was fail.

... NIPPLES! rofl

No, I didn't think he was, but he's definitely not some teenager who makes s**t up all of the time.

Oh, so you know that person?
Or are you taking a shot at me?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:14 pm
OberFeldwebel
SBBuckner

At first I thought it was plausible, but when he said 9mm was comparable to .45 and actually better because you get more rounds, I knew he was fail. He's either a dumbass, or one of those Marines that sit behind a desk.
... or does the USMC not have that sort of position?

... NIPPLES!
Marines do have those jobs, but you still have to pass Basic to get them.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:51 pm
I read a Swat guy say, in my book about zombie forensics, that a 9mm was the best handgun. People who shoot larger calibers are insecure in their accuracy as marksmen. stare  

Inquisitor Brock

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:44 am
wat  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:00 am
For a brief moment in history, the US government commissioned the production of a few Lugers in .45ACP to see if they would be suitable for use in our military. I don't have the article to confirm the date, but I believe it was sometime shortly after the First World War. A few of those .45 Lugers are still in private hands.

Pity the government didn't adopt the Luger. Things might have been different.

Just use the right tool for the right job and you'll be golden.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:34 am
Floyd
For a brief moment in history, the US government commissioned the production of a few Lugers in .45ACP to see if they would be suitable for use in our military. I don't have the article to confirm the date, but I believe it was sometime shortly after the First World War. A few of those .45 Lugers are still in private hands.

Pity the government didn't adopt the Luger. Things might have been different.

Just use the right tool for the right job and you'll be golden.

They made two. The first was used for the trials, it was so badly ******** after the trials they simply threw it away. The second is in private hands, and it's worth somewhere like half a mill.

There's a company that's making repro .45 lugers. Dunno how much they are though.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff