Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]
[PRP - West] Reunion of old friends (Nia x Mio)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:19 pm
User Image

Wheezing heavily, as the lioness was never very good at endurance treks, the lioness finally got over the ridge. The thick jungle didn't help matters, either. She seemed to have the skill of attracting snakes around her, and Nia was scared to death of snakes. Running through a thick jungle was never a safe bet, either, and she had gotten battered enough that the only thing she wanted to do was sleep.

Where was she? Ugh, who cared. Picking up a rumor that her beloved friend and heart-sister was living out here had seemed like a good idea to follow at the time. Now? How could she live here? It was much too rough, and Nia worried that if she was out here, she must be dead.

"Oooh, ouch." Another thorn. Stopping to chew at her pawpad to get it out, she looked around. The lands out here were beautiful and lush. It was obvious that not too many lions lived out here, or even travelled through here.

Getting it out with only a little more pain, Nia sighed. Might as well continue. She would need to find a decent place to spend the night. A few more days out here, and she would try to turn home. There was no use in chasing after ghosts for the rest of her life.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lady Ren had shed her duties for the day, deciding to be a little less formal. Granted, she was rarely formal with her 'subject', or House-mates. She cared for them deeply, but didn't understand the formality and stiff manners that were commonly used around them around her mate. What was the point? Everything seemed a lot easier when you spoke to one another like friends.

Knowing that Dié was stalking after her as an added guard of protection, the Lady didn't worry about her personal saftey. She would spend a little time away from the main living area of the House, and let herself entertain thoughts of the life in the past. Before Zahi had stolen her away from everything she had known.

Her nose picked up a trace of a scent, thick with familiarity as well as fear mingled with pain. Was that really her? Quickening her pace, she slipped through these familiar parts of the jungle with ease. Her quick movements produced what she had dared not to hope for.

"NIA!" the lioness yelled, joy and surprise oozing from her voice. How did she ever find her? "How...what...how are you here?" She ran up to the lioness, feeling her heart skip a beat as she nuzzled up to the female. Oh, how she missed her!

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:10 am
Nia only had a split moment before she realize who had been rushing her. "M-mio!" was all she could say before the lioness was nearly clinging on her. Exhausted, the teal lioness laughed as she returned the love to Mio.

"I never thought I would find you!" Nia took a moment to admire just how Mio had been doing. After she had vanished, Nia assumed the worst. Having Mio stand before her though, fit and a gorgeous as ever, Nia let her shoulders droop in relief.

"I heard rumors about you, and have been chasing them ever since. To the sea, through the plains, and then through the mountains! I was almost at my wits end ever finding you again!"

Mio's ears swiveled forward, shock growing on her face. "You were...looking for me?" Her face grew grim for a moment. "I adore you, Nia, but if Zahi had found you before I had....I don't want to think what could have happened."

She withdrew herself for a moment, still close to her heart-sister but not touching her. "I'm....just glad that I found you out here. Strangers aren't welcome here, and you would have probably been attacked if you continued on your path. You are unguided here."

Nia's eyes narrowed. "What do you mean? Mio, who's Zahi? Is he why you disappeared from everything you knew? Please, tell me. What is here? What have you been doing since I last saw you?"

There was tension within her legs, but it was more at the fact that there was a male that had stemmed Mio's disappearance. Many different worries flooded her mind. Did he ever harm her, threaten her, even make her bear his children? The thoughts nearly made her eyes turn red with anger, but she had to tell herself to calm down. She didn't want Mio to see just how upset she was at this fact.

Mio's eyes drifted to the floor below her. "It's a long story, Nia. One I'll completely tell you at a better time. Please, I just want to celebrate that you're within my life again!" Her voice had become shrill, not wanting the anger that was obviously coming from Nia. She knew that Nia always wanted to protect her, but these times alone made Mio learn how to take care of herself. No hard had come to her, so why should she worry? Mio had long ago forgotten the fact that she used to be nothing with out Nia.

Suddenly remembering something, she glanced around. "Wait, where's Trig?" He had been Nia's latest boyfriend, and they seemed to have been getting along well.

Nia felt frustrated, but she only shook her head. "Mio, you know you're not getting out of this one. You're going to tell me somethin of it now, or I'm going to haul you right back to where we used to live." Quickly, the lioness snorted. "Don't change the subject. To entertain you, though.....he left me. They always do, Mio. Since when can I get a guy to actually stay with me?"

Nia's eyes hovered over Mio. "When you left, he couldn't take the fact that I worried over you more than us." She knew that she was not very cut out to love another, no matter how much she wanted it. Someday, perhaps. She never let her heart hold onto that, though. Disappointment was more painful than loneliness.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:28 am
Mio's purple eyes looked into Nia's golden ones, looking for a hint of sadness. She found a flood of one. "Oh....okay." Shifting uncomfortably, she continued.

"I'll tell you a little bit. You'll learn all of it later, if you so wish. I had seen Zahi kill someone, someone he obviously didn't want anyone to know had died. Because I had seen that, he stole me, to keep me quiet. I don't know why he didn't kill me, but....I'm greatful at this point. He dragged me everywhere, always threatening but never touching. I became resigned to it, and followed him from the sea to here." Mio weakly chuckled. "I'm surprised you were able to follow us. I guess we do stick out, being nearly the same colour."

Nia's eyes flared in anger as she listened to Mio, but she knew better than to interrupt. Mio would quickly go silent, and it would be quite a fight to get it out of her again. The timid female was never one to rebel against anything, even if it would cause her freedom. Inwardly sighing, Nia was determined to meet this Zahi, and just see how he was. Nia didn't trust him, but if he hadn't done anything to her...and indeed, she did seem healthy, and even mostly happy.

"S-so," Mio continued weakly, still peeking at Nia to see how she was reacting. "Being with him, I realized what was wrong with him. He had problems in his past, and acting out was the only way he knew how to handle them. It was then that I determined to stay with him."

She shook her head. "I know I'm crazy, but you know me. I can't help it. So we eventually came to this land, to a pride that was restarting. Zahi, being who he is, was able to secure us as leaders in one of the five houses that run this land. You managed to come across ours, and so you're safe with us."

Nia couldn't help but glance around at the jungle that would eventually turn into a more open area, in a more different light. "Are they really that strict here?" Though she could answer her own question. It had been too long of a trek for a normal rogue to wander within. They wanted secrecy here. Other prides might know of them, but they didn't speak of them. It was like a hidden city, only larger than what Nia could imagine.

"So...you're a leader here?"

Mio giggled. "Sort of. I'm the Lady of the West House. Zahi and I only answer to the Empress and Emperor herself. We keep neutral with the other houses, and try to stay friendly. We're still a small house, though, so it's hard for us to guard our borders."

"I'm impressed, Mio. You managed to make something out of your situation. Not that I think leading suits you, because you're such a pushover. Perhaps you balance this Zahi out, though." The teal lioness snorted at the thought of the lion. "Do you think I would meet this Zahi? I'd like to judge him myself, and not through your words." Mio was always too nice; it was a strong fault in her.

Mio meekly nodded. "I suppose. I think Dié is lurking around here, she'll warn him. Ah, Dié is sort of like a guard, she keeps an eye on me and guides some here to hopefully stay with us. I worry that Zahi is going to kill himself trying to guard his own lands by himself." The purple lioness sighed deeply. "He needs to learn to trust others more."

Wait. "Did you mean that...?" Unbridled excitement shone in her face, and Mio could almost shake with expectation.

"I do, my heartsister. I'll stay here with you. I left not knowing that I would return, so everyone at home will not miss me. They will just have to miss us together." The lioness' tail swayed behind her, the curled white fluff brushing the ground. "Please, show me this home of ours."

Mio, nearly giggling with glee, nudges Nia before turning her to the place where Zahi would be waiting for them, jabbering about everything she loved of these lands. Including the fact that Nia would live here with her.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas