Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
Favorite games from Nintendo's past?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We Have A Winnar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:54 pm
So, being somewhat old and out of the loop on todays newfangled systems, I would like to invite you to discuss your favorite games from past systems.I'll start out with my own, personal favorites:
for NES:
1. Shadowgate. I never quite discoved the premise of the game, but there are infinite ways to commit suicide, or otherwise die a gruesome death.
2. Lolo. Blue Puffball falls for Pink Puffball, Pink Puffball is kidnapped- Puzzles ensue.
For SNES:
1. Sailor Moon RPG. I can be ALL of the sailor scouts at once?! Thats enough reason for me.
2. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:33 pm
I really liked Kirby Super Star for the SNES and also I loved to play Mega Man Soccer for SNES. Though I havent seen a copy of either games in years!!!  

Unit 413XI5

Dedicated Browser

8,625 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:04 am
A link to the Past 3nodding
I remember being 4 and just using my little person to run around and cut the grass XD ah the good ol days...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:45 pm
Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: Link's Adventure, Metroid, Castlevania!  

ArcNeoMasato

Sparkly Gawker

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

Ten of Hearts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:34 pm
Link's Awakening and Earthbound (aka- Mother 2).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:12 am
Castlevania 3, Super Mario Bros. 1,2&3, Al Unser Jr. Racing, Rygar and my all time favorite, Faxanadu.  

King Robert Silvermyst

Alexis Cyanide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:27 pm
The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time.

Turok Dinosaur Hunter.

Body Harvest.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron.

N64 For Life.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:06 pm
A lot of these are Second/third party, but whatever.

Mischief Makers - N64
Majora's Mask - N64
Link to the Past - SNES
Lode Runner - NES
Super Mario World - SNES
Super Bomberman - SNES
Sparkster(?) - SNES
Secret of Mana - SNES
Dragon Quest -NES/SNES/GBC/ETC
Final Fantasy 6 - SNES
Earthbound - SNES
Pocky & Rocky - SNES

Those are the only ones off the top of my head. I enjoy a lot of them though.  

MycroftCrowley

Chernabog Is My Homeboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:36 am
Pokemon: Blue Version (Game Boy) heart heart heart
Pokemon: Silver Version (GBC)
Earthbound (SNES)
Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)
Primal Rage (SNES)
Mortal Kombat II (SNES)
Chrono Trigger (NES)
Super Mario RPG (SNES)
Legend of Zelda (NES)
Super Mario Bros. (NES)
Star Tropics (NES)

All chosen based on their sheer awesomeness.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:23 pm
NES Games: Super Mario Bros. NES trilogy (including the Japanese-only Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Bros. 2 USA), that chibi-style Final Fight game, Contra

SNES Games: Demon's Crest, Super Ghosts & Goblins, Chrono Trigger (and its DS version), Super Street Fighter II, Super Mario World, Contra III: The Alien Wars, Sword of Mana, Final Fantasys IV, V, & VI, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

N64 Games: Super Mario 64, Paper Mario, Star Fox 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Super Smash Bros., Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth, Bomberman Hero, Donkey Kong 64, the Banjo-Kazooie N64 games, Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Earth, Mischief Makers, Jet Force Gemini

Gamecube Games: Super Mario Sunshine, Viewtiful Joe, those Metroid Prime games, Pokemon Colosseum, Mario Power Tennis, Super Smash Bros. Melee

Wii Games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Okami: Wii Version, The House of the Dead: Overkill, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Star Soldier R, Mega Man 9, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Mario Kart Wii, No More Heroes, Animal Crossing: City Folk, Lost Winds

Yeah. I love a lot of games... sweatdrop  

Volkenheim

Faded Justice

4,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:54 pm
The only game I really remember playing was Kid Icarus (the game from hell)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:45 pm
As for handheld Nintendo games....

GameBoy Games: Wario Land 1 & 2, Tetris, Donkey Kong Land, Kirby's Dreamland, Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow

GameBoy Color Games: Wario Land 3, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby Tilt & Tumble, Pokemon Pinball

GameBoy Advance and SP Games: Super Mario Advance 1, 2, & 4, Wario Land 4, Sonic Advances 1 & 2, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls, Pac-Man Collection, Metroid: Zero Mission, Metroid Fusion, Mega Man & Bass: GBA Version, Mega Man Zero, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Nintendo DS Games: Super Mario 64 DS, Kirby: Canvas Curse, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Kirby: Squeak Squad, Metroid Prime Hunters, LostMagic, Magical Starsign, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Yoshi's Island DS, Mario Kart DS, Custom Robo Arena, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (including Platnum version with the Giratina figurine), Bomberman, The Legend of Kage 2, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Meteos, Final Fantasys III & IV DS, Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Contra 4, Luminous Ark 2, Transformers: Decepticons, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon  

Volkenheim

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:29 pm
An old game I liked...I'd have to say the Super Mario Bros. game (The one with the different colored Yoshi's in the star shaped level. That one was my favorite when I was younger.). I also liked the first three Spyro games. Those were really good.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:45 pm
Anything Pokemon or Kirby related.  

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200

AlexxRedd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:46 am
It would be pointless to list them all, since I'm a big fan of the SNES (in particular), but I can narrow it down to the base favorites:

NES: Marble Madness, Final Fantasy, Mega Man 3, Mario 3

SNES: Kirby Superstar, Castlevania 4, FF6, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Gradius 3, Mega Man X2, Mario RPG, Yoshi's Island

N64: ....um. Well, never had one, so I only was able to play it when I met my fiance back in high school, so I guess I can only list Paper Mario as a favorite on there, since it's one of the first games we played together.

I don't really count N64 as an older system, but I understand a lot of younger folks consider it old since it was a major part of thier childhood, like the SNES was for me.  
Nintendo Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games