Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
the tarot

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

D3sertFl0wer666

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:49 pm
I wanted to know who else here knows/uses the tarot.

For me it was the first stepping stone for learning the craft, understanding its nature and practice. I recommend it to anyone in search of guidance and who is new to the craft or any type of religion, for that matter. It's a great way to learn symbolism and understand the purpose of religious practice in one's life.

So does anyone here have a deck? And if so what is the name of it?
I have a few decks but I mainly use the Rider-Waite Tarot.

Also, if you want to learn about the tarot, this is the best book you'll find on the topic:
"The Tarot: History, Symbolism, and Divination" by Robert Place
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:10 pm
I started on Rider-Waite. Now I use the Revelations Tarot, which I find really useful and with a character all its own (and is MUCH easier to read reversals on).  

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Shogun_Emrys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:04 pm
i started studying long before i ever picked up a tarot deck, i just never found the right deck for me. my mother uses the Rider-Waite tarot deck and it never felt right when she took me to pick out my first deck. i finally found one that almost jumped at me, called the Celtic Dragon Tarot. i was looking at all of the tarot decks like i always do when i am searching for new books to add to my small library and this deck was towards the end kind of hidden but my eyes were drawn to it. i just knew i had to hold those cards, it's funny because i had seen similar decks once or twice before but it never jumped at me like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:57 am
I have the Gilded Tarot deck which is a Rider-Waite style deck with gorgeous artwork. It's probably my arty side that attracted me to them, they're really nice to work with and so detailed. I've got a companion book that came with mine.
Mainly I use them for meditation. Having something to focus on and provoke new lines of thought help me achieve a deeper state.  

AnurenDark

ShuggaMagnolia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:41 am
I use tarot cards for divination... I usually use my Golden Dawn deck, although I have a Rider-Waite deck, and a dragon tarot deck, that I got just because it had very nice art on it... I have had a mini tarot deck, and my grandma bought me a Miss Cleo deck, lol, needless to say I never used that one, even though the symbology on them wasn't too bad...  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:03 pm
i remember buying my first deck at a flea market. i was about to make the purchase until my father snached me out of her shop so fast my head spinned.

I've yet to find another deck that calls to me.  

[lady joker]

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff