Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Patapon 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Griffinith

Aged Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:35 am
It's out in Japan, and I've been loving the hell out of the game. Anyone else import it? Honestly, I couldn't get into the first game, and I gave up at the desert. The idea was good, but there wasn't enough there for me to really enjoy. This time around they made it better. You can have three platoons of little guys, one hero, and of course, the flagbearer. Going into fever can only take 3 sets of notes, and when you hit the notes just right when in fever, your hero goes insane, and pulls a special.

Currently I'm a little over 60 hours into the game. Beaten it, but I'm not done yet. I have plenty of missions to beat, plenty of items to get, and more than enough pons to pata (Er.. I mean, Pons to level up).

The new setup for leveling up the little guys is one of my favorite things about the game. Now you have a leveling tree. You branch out, with each branch getting more than more specialized. I'm quite happy with the game, and the multiplayer aspect is great.

You and 3 other players can take on any major mission in the game (30 total), and the only way you lose, is if everyone is dead (which doesn't happen often, unless you're fighting the blue robot.. Mega cannon.. grumble.) For each mission done, the creator of the session gets a special item from the mission egg. After a short minigame, everyone gets to unlock chests of random goodness. Usually what is in the chests has to do with what you fought, but sometimes it's just cash.

Anyways, now that I've managed to type out all I enjoy about the game... Anyone actually playing/ planning to play it?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:31 am
I haven't heard of it at all so far, but from what you've said here... it sounds like a interesting game I might find worth trying. I probably will have to search up a bit about the game, but so far it seems like a good investment. 3nodding  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Griffinith

Aged Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:39 am
Well, I realized something about the items last night, and now I'm only lacking one of the rarest items.. At around 65 hours, I'm pretty done with the game. Just waiting for some friends to catch up somewhat to where I am.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:20 pm
Never even heard of it...  

nitnit
Captain

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out