Reply The Gallery
Dante's Inferno? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sooper-man12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:51 pm
Seriously? I don't really think the author would approve of this...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:48 pm
This... is NOT how the Inferno was. The bodies weren't like that... Odysseus was in there for crying out loud and they were sorrowful and being tortured not attacking D=<
This doesn't have the right to use his name. It should just be called Inferno...  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:04 pm
How amusing, I just started reading the Divine Comedy. It's for a class. We get to make a puppet show out of it. 3nodding
But, no, this has no right calling itself Dante's Inferno.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:10 pm
No s**t it's not like the book. There was no major fighting in the Inferno.

Dante would probably laugh his a** off if he ever saw this. One for the shallow storytelling that this game will most likely have, and two because of the sheer ridiculousness.

I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm just tired of games trying to get more attention or seem "deep" because it's based on a book.  

Waynebrizzle

KeyBlader1

Thieving Rogue

16,140 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:42 pm
So wait, is it based on the book, or based on Dante's view of Hell having seven circles? Why didn't they just call the game Seven Circles of the Inferno or something? That actually sounds cooler.  

Owwin

Keeskee

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:23 pm
Dante Alighieri seems like he had a good sense of humour. Hopefully he'd find this as funny as I do. ;P

Mind you, I was the only one in my class who found the Divine Comedy funny. ...Mainly because Dante the Pilgrim is such an uncomprehending t**t.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:44 pm
Owwin
So wait, is it based on the book, or based on Dante's view of Hell having seven circles? Why didn't they just call the game Seven Circles of the Inferno or something? That actually sounds cooler.
Perhaps they knew naming it this would cause controversy, which would get the game noticed more.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:30 am
I can't really base an opinion on it yet since the trailer was very short and didn't really show anything.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:58 am
Kiski
Mainly because Dante the Pilgrim is such an uncomprehending t**t.

He is, isn't he?
Meta_Fish
Owwin
Perhaps they knew naming it this would cause controversy, which would get the game noticed more.

I didn't think of that, but you've got a good point.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Keeskee

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:17 am
Wantcookie
Kiski
Mainly because Dante the Pilgrim is such an uncomprehending t**t.

He is, isn't he?

Seriously. No wonder Virgil gets so impatient with him; honestly, he should've gone to Paradise- he's got the patience of a saint.

'So why can't I pity the damned?'
'Because the damned do not deserve your pity, Dante.'
'So... why can't I pity the damned?'
'Because God has made them the damned for a reason: That being their horrible sins. Therefore, they do not deserve pity, Dante.'
'Sooo... why can't I pity the damned?'

i_love_inuyasha1
This... is NOT how the Inferno was. The bodies weren't like that... Odysseus was in there for crying out loud and they were sorrowful and being tortured not attacking D=<

You're right- and you're very, very wrong.

In the Inferno, Virgil specifically avoids going near many of the pits because of the inhabitants- only in one part do they have cross through one, and there, they almost get mauled by the demons forcing the inhabitants under the boiling tar.

The only reason they do not attack or whatever is because they're monitored by demonic beings. It also depends on the crime: Of course the lustful aren't going to attack you.

But if they'd attempted to pass the Cereberus without permission, it would've attacked them- same with the Guardian of the minor sins. (Whose name I cannot remember for the life of me.)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:55 am
Kiski
Of course the lustful aren't going to attack you.

Damn.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:36 am
Wantcookie
Kiski
Of course the lustful aren't going to attack you.

Damn.
rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:21 pm
The idea that one guy can infiltrate and defeat anything in hell is just ridiculous. Don't you think its inhabitants would have tried that a while ago?

It's like God of War.

Hey what does Pandora's box do? Doesn't it release all of the world's fears?

hah, wrong. IT TURNS YOU GIANT

God of War kind of gets away with it because at least there were people that badass in Greek mythology. Still, Pandora's box? Come on.  

Waynebrizzle

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:29 pm
Waynebrizzle
The idea that one guy can infiltrate and defeat anything in hell is just ridiculous. Don't you think its inhabitants would have tried that a while ago?

It's like God of War.

Hey what does Pandora's box do? Doesn't it release all of the world's fears?

hah, wrong. IT TURNS YOU GIANT

God of War kind of gets away with it because at least there were people that badass in Greek mythology. Still, Pandora's box? Come on.
Well in the story there was only one thing in Pandora's box after all of the sadness was released. That last thing was hope. It was hope that turned him into a giant if you wanna go by that, and that is even more ridiculous.  
The Gallery

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff